+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Neil Haskell - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Re: Neil Haskell - Season 3

I've updated the first post and added Neil's interview questions/answers.

Check it out!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I loved that flying leap Neil did. Was very impressed with the whole routine. I hope he makes it far.

FORT Newbie

Okay, I have to admit, I was really determined not to like Neil. The first time he spoke on camera I though “What a twit!” Frankly, I had doubts that he could spell “dance”, forget about actually doing it. And all the footage they showed of him he was doing acrobatics…it was like watching “So you think you can do a flying in the air twisting karate kick thingy”.

After watching his salsa I conceded that he could do something other than acrobatics even if he looked a bit on the stiff side. Now, after last night’s hip-hop performance (he totally outshone Lauren), I caught myself comparing him to Travis Wall. He’s got the same jerky ballroom and the same affinity to get immersed in the hip-hop. I’m just hoping that he’s going to continue to surprise me in the coming weeks because he just became my second favorite male dancer in the competition.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mellypea77;2447618;
    Okay, I have to admit, I was really determined not to like Neil. The first time he spoke on camera I though “What a twit!” Frankly, I had doubts that he could spell “dance”, forget about actually doing it. And all the footage they showed of him he was doing acrobatics…it was like watching “So you think you can do a flying in the air twisting karate kick thingy”.

After watching his salsa I conceded that he could do something other than acrobatics even if he looked a bit on the stiff side. Now, after last night’s hip-hop performance (he totally outshone Lauren), I caught myself comparing him to Travis Wall. He’s got the same jerky ballroom and the same affinity to get immersed in the hip-hop. I’m just hoping that he’s going to continue to surprise me in the coming weeks because he just became my second favorite male dancer in the competition.
    Neil is surprising me too. Also really like Sabra, Anya, Lacey, Sara, and Dominic. I was at the taping of the results show yesterday...very emotional for all. Loved that Lauren and Neil seemed so natural together...even off camera. Also loved that the dancers all seemed to genuinely care about each other.

One of my faves up until this point was Jessi. I guess she still is, though she did not stand out to me tonight--I agree with what the judges said there. I actually thought that Pasha's solo was better than what they thought.

If I had to pick a top ten today, it would be:

Girls - Sabra, Anya, Lacey, Sara, Jessi
    Guys - Dom, Neil, Hok, Danny, Pasha

Neil does nothing for me so far... I want to see him do a solo in his own style, then maybe I'll jump on his bandwagon. But so far I just saw an awkward salsa with steps too big and untrained in partner dance, and a relatively mediocre hip-hop routine.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I love this guy, he rocked his hip hop routine
    Him and Lauren are the ultimate underdogs of the competition
    They're not crazy Asian b-boys or formally trained Russian ballroom dancers, they're just normal people who happen to be able to dance
    And they rack in votes as it is only because they're both easy on the eyes
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

I'm pretty firmly set against Neil now, and the contemporary guys are usually my faves.

Sorry, but that tango was atrocious. The judges went WAY too easy on them. He was just going through the moves and doing a caricature of the dance, no body awareness of his partner at all.

I don't mean to sound like a ballroom snob or anything- it doesn't all need to look just like champion ballroom/latin competitive dancing. But Danny, Kameron, Jessi, Dominic, Sabra, and even Neil's partner Lauren have grown in their partnering skills and done well on latin/ballroom routines. Neil, meanwhile, actually made Lauren look bad last night. I expected Nigel to call him on it.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

It is pretty ironic to see a tango where the man is disengaged from his partner. How is that even possible?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I feel about Neil how I felt about Ivan at this stage in the competition last year. I think he's a cutie and I see the potential, but he isn't delivering and I feel rather let-down.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I've never really "gotten" Neil, and last night cemented it for me. He could go at any time (well, maybe not before Cedric) and I wouldn't care.

+ Reply to Thread