+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nigel Lythgoe - Judge

Re: Nigel Lythgoe - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3865448;
    It looks like they will pair the 10 new dancers with past contestants, which I think is a great idea. I believe that this will change every week. It will be nice to see where some of them have been the last couple of years, those that have not been on DWTS. Also, it will be great to see Mia back as both a choreographer and a judge.
    Interesting. That means everyone who tries out will have an even tougher time even making it into the actual competiton. But then again, those who are lucky enough to make it are automatically on the tour. At least I presume. I really doubt all of these past contestants would want to go on tour to just do a couple of dances for a season that isn't even theirs. I'm guessing that they would have other contestants fill in the position of the past contestants during the tour? Or maybe they'll combine S6 with S7! I really hope for the latter, I've felt really bad for the S6'ers.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I posted all the spoilers in the season 7 thread in this forum. I guess they aren't really spoilers anymore since they did issue a press release that outlined all the changes. I think they could be interesting, however, a major glitch I see is what if people are voting for the old contestants that are paired with the new ones? What if Nigel's favorite blond girl always magically pulls the photo of one of the more popular boys from their season? That would annoy me real quick.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3866010;
    I posted all the spoilers in the season 7 thread in this forum. I guess they aren't really spoilers anymore since they did issue a press release that outlined all the changes. I think they could be interesting, however, a major glitch I see is what if people are voting for the old contestants that are paired with the new ones? What if Nigel's favorite blond girl always magically pulls the photo of one of the more popular boys from their season? That would annoy me real quick.
    Harmony, you brought up some good concerns. A friend of mine also wondered about people voting for the former contestant instead of (or in addition to) the one competing. I also wonder which former contestant leaves each week. If it’s based on being paired with the current contestant who got the least number of votes, then yeah, A LOT of votes will be for the former contestant. Maybe the former contestants will have their own number for people to vote for them separately?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3866118;
    I also wonder which former contestant leaves each week. If it’s based on being paired with the current contestant who got the least number of votes, then yeah, A LOT of votes will be for the former contestant. Maybe the former contestants will have their own number for people to vote for them separately?
    From what I understand, the former contestants aren't eliminated at all. They are simply put back into the "hat" to be drawn out again when that style is chosen again. They will serve as a "pool" that the current contestants draw from.....

For example:

Pasha is wildly popular. Nigel wants to prop up his favorite girl so she magically pulls Pasha's photo out of the hat which would indicate this girl is dancing ballroom with Pasha as her partner. The audience is onto Nigel and his tricks and she gets voted out. Pasha goes back into the pool and is chosen again if another girl draws him out of the hat.

My concern with this method is that people who love Pasha may vote for the girl just because they love Pasha. I'm also worried that this will be used to manipulate the votes with a particular favorite getting the best and most popular former contestants every single time.

One person goes home every week, the top 10 go into the voting shows evenly split between males and females but then it's anybody's game. On a show where the males tend to poll better? I see this being a blood bath real quick with all the girls getting knocked out and nothing but the "hot" guys left regardless if they can dance or not.

The forced partnerships in the past actually helped some of the girls out because it meant they could build fanbases that would take them past the looks of the guys.

I like the former/new pairing. I think since we 'know' the former, it will really help showcase the abilities or inabilities of the new contestant, rather than seeing two newbies fumble through a style that isn't either of theirs, which I think impacts the impact of the dance style. Also, I like how they are bringing the formers back 'to the nest' so to speak.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234