+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan - Season 2

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    I think Ryan may go this week. To me, he doesn't really stand out to the other contemporary dancers like Allison and I'm not saying that he's a bad dancer. He doesn't show enough personnality, and his comments about Heidi in the first episode really threw me off... I hope he shows a bit more personnality 'til he's done, because I don't think he won't win=/.

(300th post!)

Voting individually starts this week: Ryan=GONE.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    Who is he anyway? We have no clue. Gone.

FORT Fogey
    I think he'll be out this week too.

Frankly, I think they should have kept Jason and cut Ryan way back when...

FORT Fogey
    Ryan was an exceptional dancer, he just never seemed to connect with the audience OR his partner. I think the best connection I saw was when he danced the cuban rumba with Heidi.

He'll go far because he is really good -- but he'd go a lot further if he learned something from this season of this show and tried to connect a little better. Being a brilliant technician is great but it makes you something of a machine.

One thing I personally noticed about him... He tends to smile while throwing his chin out and lifting his chin up. This makes him look a little arrogant. He might do better to smile and not throw his chin out. Just sort of look like the "Awww shucks" kind of guy. I don't think he means to look arrogant. I just think he comes across that way.

Although Ryan seemed to be a sweet guy, I saw more jumping/leaping in the air from him than actual dancing.

Eliminated 7/27
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    He tends to smile while throwing his chin out and lifting his chin up. This makes him look a little arrogant.
    You nailed it. He does come across as rather aristocratic. Like "the third" shold come after his name.

I also think that reaction when Heidi became his partner jaded America, we've never forgiven him.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

For my taste, I think Nigel nailed it. His body does amazing things, but his hands and feet were always a bit off for the movement he was doing. You could see it in the slo mo portions of the replays. By contrast Travis and Benji have much better alignment through the movement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12