+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

FORT Fogey
    OK, getting back to performance comments ...

I think once they steer away from couples dancing to individual routines, Benji will benefit and Donnyelle will be hurt. I think part of both of their appeal is the chemistry between them.

For some reason this gay or straight speculation seems to very prevalent on these programs. It seems to occur particularly on this show because many male dancers are gay, but many are NOT gay. My son danced professionally and even started as a hula dancer in Hawaii and he is strongly heterosexual. Is now a captain in the Air Force and married with children. On other shows, the speculation occurs when a man is unusually attractive (eg: Ace on AI) - I guess because many gay men are unusually attractive. I only get gay vibes when the men are effeminine - eg: Ben and Ryan. We know that most ballroom dancers are straight (gay men don't usually like to touch women that much) and often end up married to their partners. That being said, my opinion is that Benji is straight - goofy, dorky, and very religious - but straight. The rest: Jaymz & Ivan - probably straight, Musa and Dimitri - very straight, Travis - 50/50 but probably straight (he really seems enamored with Martha), and Ryan - gay all the way.

He and his partner have great chemistry. They really are fantastic together.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer View Post
    OK, getting back to performance comments ...

I think once they steer away from couples dancing to individual routines, Benji will benefit and Donnyelle will be hurt. I think part of both of their appeal is the chemistry between them.
    Hmm Chicago, that's an interesting thought. I think just the opposite actually. I believe that once they are solo, Benji will be swept onward on the shoulders of all his fans. He has built such a strong fanbase with the partnering aspect, that once they go solo, it won't matter as much. I just can not imagine what he will be able to put together as a solo dancer. In the Vegas round, when he had to Dance or Die so to speak, he requested a partner. So as a swing dancer, it will be particularly interesting to see what it is he does for solo. As for Donyelle, she comes from a solo background. Having been partnered with Benji will just add that much more to her appeal to fans I think. I believe that she will do well solo and then draw on previous fans from her "Benjelle" days. I don't know who will ultimately win, but I very much believe that our final four will be Benji, Travis, Allison and Donyelle. In fact if any one of them don't make it, it will be a major shocker.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Haylo View Post
    Hmm Chicago, that's an interesting thought. I think just the opposite actually. I believe that once they are solo, Benji will be swept onward on the shoulders of all his fans. He has built such a strong fanbase with the partnering aspect, that once they go solo, it won't matter as much. I just can not imagine what he will be able to put together as a solo dancer. In the Vegas round, when he had to Dance or Die so to speak, he requested a partner. So as a swing dancer, it will be particularly interesting to see what it is he does for solo. As for Donyelle, she comes from a solo background. Having been partnered with Benji will just add that much more to her appeal to fans I think. I believe that she will do well solo and then draw on previous fans from her "Benjelle" days. I don't know who will ultimately win, but I very much believe that our final four will be Benji, Travis, Allison and Donyelle. In fact if any one of them don't make it, it will be a major shocker.
    Actually, I'm not sure he can pull off credible professional solo dances as well as Donyelle--that wasn't my point. I think he is more popular that D, and if the audience keeps voting for the most popular, D will come into the bottom three before Benji ever has to worry, regardless of his dancing ability. Hmm, I wonder if America will support a dorky dancer vs. an "overweight" one?

Yes i'm with you there, he is more popular for sure. My reasoning for saying I don't think she'll have issues is because vs anyone else other than Benji, I don't imagine she will be early in the bottom. But then again maybe America is really fickle and once her and Benji are not together they will drop her. Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    For some reason this gay or straight speculation seems to very prevalent on these programs. It seems to occur particularly on this show because many male dancers are gay, but many are NOT gay. My son danced professionally and even started as a hula dancer in Hawaii and he is strongly heterosexual. Is now a captain in the Air Force and married with children. On other shows, the speculation occurs when a man is unusually attractive (eg: Ace on AI) - I guess because many gay men are unusually attractive. I only get gay vibes when the men are effeminine - eg: Ben and Ryan. We know that most ballroom dancers are straight (gay men don't usually like to touch women that much) and often end up married to their partners. That being said, my opinion is that Benji is straight - goofy, dorky, and very religious - but straight. The rest: Jaymz & Ivan - probably straight, Musa and Dimitri - very straight, Travis - 50/50 but probably straight (he really seems enamored with Martha), and Ryan - gay all the way.
    The swing dance community is full of straight guys that are on the geeky side. If they can dance really well, the women get in line wanting to dance with them. I've seen quite a few guys that would normally not be able to "get the girl" have no problem if they were good dancers.

Cheez. Gay OR straight, who names a kid "Benji" anyway? A dog trainer?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

does anyone have any screen shots of last night (when they stood in front of the judges).

It clearly looked like Benji had a wedding ring on.

Quote Originally Posted by celicacutie81 View Post
    does anyone have any screen shots of last night (when they stood in front of the judges).

It clearly looked like Benji had a wedding ring on.

Maybe he's just wearing a ring on his left hand. I doubt he's married, they would've mentionned it. The same way they mentionned the ex-girlfriend.I really doubt that he's married.

+ Reply to Thread