+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Blake McGrath - Season 1

What a sweetheart SweetBabyClay's Avatar
    Well, most of these dancers have worked with at least one of the judges very closesly for years, so you'd have to throw out nearly everybody if you wanted people who had never worked with the judges before. Most elite level trained dancers have worked with these people before.
    Life is like a bowl of Vincents- you never know when you're gonna get sca-rewwed.

Kao
    Worked with? Okay, I give you that. DATED? Um, no. No way in hell should someone be in this contest where they actually DATED one of the judges.

FORT Fogey
    yeah. that's awkward. i don't think nigel knew about that

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBabyClay
    Yes. He is gay. He and Brian have dated.
    How do you know this?

FORT Regular
    Artem and Sandra didn't do the lift either, but no one's complaining about THEM not putting it in. Also, lyrical ISN'T Blake's speciality. His specialty is more hip hop/jazz. He teaches "Jazz Funk" at one of the nation's most prestigious dance studios, not Lyrical, and he does hip hop backup dancing for Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, and Paulina Rubio. He gets praised because he IS the most talented dancer in the competition. The judges AND the fellow competitors all know that. I think it's very smart of him to not do the lift if he's in danger of hurting himself. If he WERE to injure his back over having to lift Destini (who is heavy and has no clue how to do a lift) he would probably not be able to get much work ever again.

Watch his interview on Fox.com and he said it himself that his expertise is Lyrical ..

FORT Regular
    Yes. He is gay. He and Brian have dated.
    who is Brian?

FORT Newbie
    Brian Friedman, choreographer and judge.

It's not confirmed that they dated, that's just the gossip.

I tend to believe it, but I've also seen them work together and Brian is very blunt with Blake. He's actually more critical of him than he is with most dancers. He doesn't pull any punches, and I know he's not gonna start now either. I highly doubt personal relationships are going to affect his judging.

There's really not much difference between that, and say, Mia having had Nick under her wing for 5 years. Obviously she has some affection towards him. I don't think it's that much of a difference. If anything, the judges will probably go out of their way to make sure they're not being unfair or biased.

What will be annoying is if people start trying to read *FA Edit* into things when they don't agree with the judging.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 08-22-2005 at 03:21 PM. Reason: language

Kao
    Name one contest where they would let a contestant through that had some sort of relationship with one of the judges. In fact, most contest go out of their way to avoid that sort of scenario. And let's face it, if you're doing back-up dancing for Brittany Spears and other major acts you really don't need this show!

Do I think that Blake is a fan-freaking-tastic dancer? Totally! He's one of the best on here! However, the whole premise of this show is to give someone their big break. Blake doesn't NEED a big break! The dude teaches, dances with major acts and has been written up in a major dance magazine. He's doing okay.

Okay - Blake is the best dancer and this is a DANCE contest . . but he is a JERK! And, he probably doesn't need the exposure and some of the others do. So . . he may be the best, but in a competition between his talent and his ego . . his ego would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Name one contest where they would let a contestant through that had some sort of relationship with one of the judges. In fact, most contest go out of their way to avoid that sort of scenario. And let's face it, if you're doing back-up dancing for Brittany Spears and other major acts you really don't need this show!

Do I think that Blake is a fan-freaking-tastic dancer? Totally! He's one of the best on here! However, the whole premise of this show is to give someone their big break. Blake doesn't NEED a big break! The dude teaches, dances with major acts and has been written up in a major dance magazine. He's doing okay.
    You took the words right out of my mouth Kao. What more can this show really give him? I mean, exposure, sure - but that won't take away from the fact that he can still get gigs with major acts like Spears, etc.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

+ Reply to Thread