+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

Re: Mia Michaels - Choreographer

Just to chime in, it appeared that she had lost some weight in this last episode...?

I wonder if we'll ever know. I'm gonna miss Mia. Hope your move is to greener pastures and not for health reasons, Mia.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Mia was a lot warmer throughout this audition season than previously, and I also think there is something serious going on with her. She loves SYTYCD, I can't see her leaving unless it was something pretty serious causing her to go. I hope it's not her health, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was.

Mia put up a tweet in all caps that seems to be a response to the rumors basically asking if a girl can just shave her head.

I'm glad to see that so it must have been creative differences then or something.

She's still doing Canada SYTYCD.

FORT Newbie

I love Mia!!! Everytime she choreographs something I seem to be blown away!

Looks like she is moving on for professional reasons, not personal, woohoo!!

Attention, Mia Michaels lovers! All hope is not lost. Even though the star choreographer doesn't have any immediate plans to return to So You Think You Can Dance, she is coming back to TV before you know it. We just spoke to her, and her message to her fans is this: "Be patient, because you're gonna get a lot more Mia than you expect."

So what's the deal with her new in-the-works choreography show? Here's what we learned from chatting up the divine Ms. Michaels...

While the untitled new show is not currently set up any particular network (Mia said, "I'm in talks with a bunch of them right now,") the overall plan for the series has been laid out.

Mia said, "The show is competition but very in-depth of the creative psyche. It's really not just about dance steps. What a lot of people don't realize is that good choreographers do everything: They stage, they direct, they conceptualize, they have their hands on costumes...The show is about finding these creative choreographers/directors. There is tons of great talent hiding in the crevices that we never get a chance to see or expose, so I'm gonna drive that boat and find some of those brilliant creators, because dancers are amazing, but what's behind the dancers are the great creators."

Mia also told us she's working on a documentary about the making of "a live stage show that I'm going to direct and choreograph and get up on its feet that will tour the United States," as well as writing a couple of books.

As for leaving her most famous enterprise behind, Mia told us that her departure from So You Think You Can Dance was strictly about moving her career in another direction: "It was definitely [a] professional [decision]. It was time to more forward."

Would she ever come back, maybe to choreograph a special finale-episode group dance? We get the feeling that Mia is a definite maybe on returning to SYTYCD. She told us, "That's like a family over there, and it was a wonderful journey. If it's meant to be, it will be. I think both Nigel [Lythgoe] and I are keeping it open, so if I'm supposed to go back once and a while as a guest, so be it. That show is a big part of my heart, but right now I'm focusing on these other things that I really want to get up and running."
    Good News: Mia Michaels Will Be Back on TV! - E! Online
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3734227;
    Mia was a lot warmer throughout this audition season than previously, and I also think there is something serious going on with her. She loves SYTYCD, I can't see her leaving unless it was something pretty serious causing her to go. I hope it's not her health, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was.
    I wondered with the buzz hair cut and the noticable weight gain...I wouldn't be surprised either, it does give one pause.

FORT Fogey

Looks like Mia is back! (At least for the auditions.) NY Post says:

Well, it looks like season five wasn't the last dance after all for choreographer Mia Michaels, because PopWrap has just confirmed she will be returning to "So You Think You Can Dance" panel for tomorrow's NYC auditions.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Hooray!!

I'm not fond of her and aren't pleased to see she's back as a full-time judge.
    I thought she behaved very childishly at times last night.
    Very giggly and silly with Adam.

I love her passion for dance, but find her rather unpleasant at times particularly when she takes a disliking to a contestant.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread