+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alex DaSilva - Choreographer

Alex DaSilva - Choreographer

From Alex DaSilva.com:

Alex da Silva is among the upper talent when it comes to
    salsa dancing. Born in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
    Rio is a city where people live constantly within their own
    limits. Where the smooth sea pats the rugged mountain to
    show that life, like Alex, is full of contrasts. Alex started
    dancing at a very young age. At the age of 20 he was
    introduced to salsa dancing.

Three months later he was given the opportunity by
    Dominique Yin to teach salsa lessons. Work and dancing is a
    way of life for Alex. In San Francisco where he taught for
    eight years, 90% of the instructors teaching today were taught by Alex Da Silva. Having taught over 15,000 people Alex
    headed for Hollywood. Alex quickly started to hit the salsa clubs in Los Angeles (The Mayan, Conga Room, Mama Juana's, etc...). Working and teaching he started to become recognized by his magical, captivating, hypnotic salsa dance moves. Dancers
    at the clubs saw and surrounded Alex every time he stepped
    on the dance floor showing off his new moves in the salsa club scene. This made club goers want to learn his style of dancing. Giving Alex an opportunity to start salsa night life in LA. His dancing attracts people from all walks of life including
    celebrities like J. Lo, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Love Hewitt, P. Diddy, Will Smith, Mario Van Peeples, Vin Diesel and
    many more.

Living in the city of dreams Alex teaches at the biggest salsa clubs (The Mayan, Mama Juana's, etc…) and most prestigious dance studios (Debbie Allen Dance Academy, The Edge, Synthesis Studio, etc…). Here he started to brand his dance style now known as LA STYLE SALSA. While teaching not only at The Mayan, but seven days a week in different night clubs and studios throughout Los Angeles. He became known as an instructor and choreographer to celebrity and Production Companies. Alex has traveled throughout the world and appeared in commercials and films. His latest appearance was on "30 Seconds to Fame" on FOX taking home the grand prize without a sweat. Perhaps if you ventured into the deepest, darkest Amazonian jungle you may be able to find someone who has never heard of Alex Da Silva, but ask anyone in the Los Angeles and anyone in the Salsa World and without a doubt they will know who he is. LA Style Salsa is Alex Da Silva.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    My son gives him 2 thumbs up because he's worked with Will Smith....Alex is flashy (the cars!) but he doesn't come across as stuck up or a taskmaster. I love salsa dancing too!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So the tv was randomly on this Music Channal, and it's some weird Dance show called "Dance Fever" I have no idea what it's about. So I go and sit, and as I was about to change the channal, guess who pops up as the winner of group b.
    Alex. I was like, hrmmm. So they go up against the winners of group a, who is a boy group, like n'sync. Tight muscle shirts and jeans who tapped to some weird techno song. Soo anyways, he doesn't win.

XD Just some random weird thing...
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

Re: Alex DaSilva - Choreographer

I just read that Alex has been charged with rape. Here's what the story says from E!Online...

Alex DeSilva might want to rethink what he can and cannot do.

The 41-year-old So You Think You Can Dance choreographer and performer was arrested on Saturday for four counts of sexual assault that took place between May 2003 and March 2009.

According to the LAPD, all of the victims were his students at the time. DeSilva allegedly lured them to his homes in North Hollywood and Van Nuys, Calif., and raped them.

Bail has been set at $3.8 million.

Police believe there may be other victims.

Here's more of the story;

Dance Instructor Arrested for Multiple Sexual Assaults
    Los Angeles: A well known Salsa dancer, instructor, choreographer and TV performer was arrested for multiple sexual assaults.

On April 4, 2009 at 3:40 p.m., Van Nuys Sexual Assault Detectives arrested 41-year-old Alex DaSilva for 4 sexual assaults that allegedly occurred between May 2003 to March 28, 2009.

The four victims in this case were all students of DaSilva at the time of the assaults. The victims alleged that he lured them to his homes in North Hollywood and Van Nuys. He then used a ruse to get them into his bedroom where he raped them.

DaSilva won the World Salsa Dancing Championships in 2002 and 2007 and currently teaches at the Edge Performing Arts Center in Hollywood and the Mayan Club in downtown Los Angeles. DaSilva also choreographs and performs for the television show "So You Think You Can Dance."

A photograph of DaSilva is being made public due the belief that there may be other victims.

DaSilva’s bail has been set at $3.8 million dollars.

If you or someone you know was assaulted by DaSilva, call Van Nuys Sexual Assault Detectives at 818-374-1926. During after-hours, calls may be directed to a 24-hour, toll-free number at 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (527-3247). Callers may also text “Crimes” with a cell phone or log on to official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT and click on Web tips. When using a cell phone, all messages should begin with “LAPD.” Tipsters may remain anonymous.

LAPD Blog
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

You know that when the bail is so high, like it is here, they must have a LOT of evidence against the guy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3405714;
    You know that when the bail is so high, like it is here, they must have a LOT of evidence against the guy.
    Depends. According to the court docs, the bail is high because he is considered a flight risk due to his ties to Central and South America. It's likely that he has connections in a country that does not have a good record of returning suspects to the US.

PSP

Alex Da Silva - Choreographer

A salsa dance instructor and choreographer on the Fox television show "So You Think You Can Dance" was arrested this morning on a felony warrant charging him with sexually assaulting four women.

Alex Da Silva, 41, was arrested at his North Hollywood home by Los Angeles police.

'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer charged with sexual assault [updated] | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: So You Think You Can Get Away With That?

Just read this....wow. Things aren't looking too good for this guy right about now.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

Re: So You Think You Can Get Away With That?

Ohh, that is a big news and that guy is now i trouble.

+ Reply to Thread