+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skating with the Stars; 12/20 episode

FORT Fogey

Skating with the Stars; 12/20 episode

All I can say is that those Housewives fans must be mad, crazy voters. There's no way whatsoever that that result was fair. Bethenny wasn't just a little bit behind the other two. She was over twenty points behind them.

I think Brooke knew, somehow, that they were leaving, because she looked very unhappy standing there. If SWTS wants to have any kind of legitimacy, even for a silly celebrity competition show, they have to pull out all the stops to make sure Rebecca wins. Otherwise, it's just a huge joke.

I guess if I had ever watched a Housewives of anywhere series I might have some vague notion of why this happened, but I haven't and I haven't any interest in starting now. I don't watch All My Children either, though I'm somewhat familiar with Rebecca from her years at Guiding Light. That's not why I think she should win, however. She's simply acres better than Bethenny. That's why she should win.

Re: Skating with the Stars; 12/20 episode

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4130526;
    All I can say is that those Housewives fans must be mad, crazy voters. There's no way whatsoever that that result was fair. Bethenny wasn't just a little bit behind the other two. She was over twenty points behind them.

I think Brooke knew, somehow, that they were leaving, because she looked very unhappy standing there. If SWTS wants to have any kind of legitimacy, even for a silly celebrity competition show, they have to pull out all the stops to make sure Rebecca wins. Otherwise, it's just a huge joke.

I guess if I had ever watched a Housewives of anywhere series I might have some vague notion of why this happened, but I haven't and I haven't any interest in starting now. I don't watch All My Children either, though I'm somewhat familiar with Rebecca from her years at Guiding Light. That's not why I think she should win, however. She's simply acres better than Bethenny. That's why she should win.
    I haven't watched yet and all I can say is that Dick Button was not kidding when he called Bethenny the Bristol Palin of the competition. Perhaps this is why the judges kept blowing more sunshine up Johnny's backside than they did for Rebecca. For the finals tomorrow night, will the judges get to vote twice, thereby having their scores matter more than the popular vote and securing Rebecca's victory?

OMG.
    I had a feeling Bethenny was going to stay on.
    What a crock!

I guess when you pe* in a bucket and constantly flash your boo*s, people are going to vote for you!! Scary!

How did Johnny Moseley take the news?
    How did Johnny Weir react?
    Talk about the Bristol Palin of ice skating, huh?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

OMG. I've never watched any of the Housewives shows either. Who knew they'd have such strong fan support! I was surprised that Brittany lasted this long, but felt certain that it would be a Rebecca/Jonny finale.

Well, one good thing about two women finalists is that I'll feel more comfortable watching the routines in terms of safety. I'm not as worried when the men pros lift the women contestants as I am when the male contestants lift the female pros.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4130527;
    I haven't watched yet and all I can say is that Dick Button was not kidding when he called Bethenny the Bristol Palin of the competition. Perhaps this is why the judges kept blowing more sunshine up Johnny's backside than they did for Rebecca. For the finals tomorrow night, will the judges get to vote twice, thereby having their scores matter more than the popular vote and securing Rebecca's victory?
    OMG I cringed last week when Dick invoked "She Who Shall Not Be Named". I too, had a sinking feeling that something like this was going to happen (allowed to happen?) to try to rev up interest in this dull show.

Did anyone else giggle uncontrollably when Dick Button (again) held up his paddle backwards? heeheehee! And had no idea that he did so...

OK.
    I just watched all 3 performances on the WC.

Can't believe Jonny got eliminated. He and Rebecca are just so lovely to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4130547;
    OMG I cringed last week when Dick invoked "She Who Shall Not Be Named". I too, had a sinking feeling that something like this was going to happen (allowed to happen?) to try to rev up interest in this dull show.

Did anyone else giggle uncontrollably when Dick Button (again) held up his paddle backwards? heeheehee! And had no idea that he did so...
    I also choked a bit when Johnny said that he liked to listen to "Let's Get It On" in his bedroom--alone. Alone? Really, Johnny? Waaaaay too much information.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4130530;
    OMG.
    I had a feeling Bethenny was going to stay on.
    What a crock!

I guess when you pe* in a bucket and constantly flash your boo*s, people are going to vote for you!! Scary!

How did Johnny Moseley take the news?
    How did Johnny Weir react?
    Talk about the Bristol Palin of ice skating, huh?!!
    I can't recall how Weir's reacted as I was multi-tasking while the show was on. I do remember Moseley being asked if he was surprised at being eliminated. First, he said, no...and then it looked like he was reconsidering how gracious he needed to be and said that yeah, he was a little surprised. He wasn't rude or anything. I think it was just that he was trying to figure out how to be gracious without being dishonest.

The audience was completely stunned, especially the eliminated "stars" who were sitting together. I mean, it wasn't even that there was any booing. It was more like stunned silence. I'd say Rebecca looked shocked. I imagine she's now more worried about winning than she was before, because while she can clearly out-skate Bethenny, if Bethenny can overcome a 20 point deficit with audience votes...well, how can you train to compete against that? At least duking it out with Johnny, so to speak, was a fair fight. I think maybe that's why they were both so surprised. They truly were under the impression that it was about the performance, because, so far, the people have been eliminated in pretty much the order you'd expect, with the exception of Brandon, who was eliminated by a health concern.

I'm expecting that the judges aren't going to be all sweet and cuddly with Bethenny next week, because I can't imagine any of them will be comfortable with her winning.

On a sort of off-topic note, it did occur to me tonight that one thing I do like about SWS is that it's only one hour a week, and there's no long, boring results show the next night. DWTS is getting to be way too much of a commitment time-wise. I can fit an hour into my schedule. Fitting in three hours is a lot harder.

TRAVESTY!

Johnny did an amazing job. He had a much harder time than the girls who basically got carried around by their partners most of the time. I don't understand the people who voted for that annoying woman Bethenny over Johnny who was clearly the superior skater.

DD out.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4130564;
    [snipped]...

On a sort of off-topic note, it did occur to me tonight that one thing I do like about SWS is that it's only one hour a week, and there's no long, boring results show the next night. DWTS is getting to be way too much of a commitment time-wise. I can fit an hour into my schedule. Fitting in three hours is a lot harder.
    Yes, yes, yes. Love this format. I hardly ever watch the AI or DWTS results shows - 58 minutes of mediocre filler and commercials and 2 minutes of results.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast