+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skating with the Stars; 12/20 episode

Re: Skating with the Stars; 12/20 episode

I wonder if Johnny W. talking nicely to Bethany last night had anything to do with backlash from the previous week.
    I also felt, "not necessarily the bottom two" meant Rebecca was the other bottom vote getter.
    I was confused as to the judges comments on how Bethany improved this week as I watched her skating around with stiff, locked knees. She seems to have a lot of core strength that helps with the lifts, but I don't enjoy watching her skate.
    Rebecca's routine was pure majic for me and Jonny was so impressive as the male doing the lifts.

Rebecca did skate beautifully, didn't she?
    And, I really enjoyed Jonny, as well.
    I saw no improvement in Bethenny's bending her knees, either. I'm impressed with the spins, but not with the skating.
    Johnny W. was overly kind to her. There was no discernible improvement in my eyes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

This is why Skating With Celebrities was a better show. The judges - who included Dorothy Hamill and John Nicks - determined who was eliminated each week. NO viewer votes. That meant that the best skaters got to the finals.

I never had an opinion of Bethenny before this show since I don't watch any of the Housewives shows. Now I do have an opinion and it is not positive. She might think she's being funny, but her flip attitude and snottiness is really unattractive. I don't think the show has been successful enough to warrant another season, but if Bethenny wins, it definitely won't get another season. If she wins, she'd better send a bouquet of flowers to Johnny Weir.

Remember when we all thought the final three would be Rebecca, Jonny and Brandon?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn;4130893;
    Actually, once Rebecca was announced safe, and Johnny and Bethenney were waiting to see which one would be eliminated, that's when the host said, 'not necessarily the bottom two'. Made me think that Bethenney had more votes than Rebecca, otherwise, why even mention it.

Quickest way to motivate voters is to talk to the contestants like Johnny Weir talked to Bethenney last week. Yes, she started it, but he's the one that is supposed to be the professional and should have been above all that. He has to take part of the blame for her still being there, just for that reason alone, IMO.
    I also think that Bethenny is getting more votes than Rebecca, who was in the real bottom two with Jonny, which is absolutely ludicrous.

I have to admit I only started watching a couple of weeks ago (there really is nothing else on), but I was as surprised as anyone that Bethenny stayed over Jonny, I was certain that the two obviously best skaters were also the two getting the most fan support. I had heard of Bethenny but had no idea that she had such a large group of crazy-ass and devoted fans. At least I hope that is the case, and not that her survival was a result of Johnny Weir's comments. It is sad to think that some viewers are so immature that hearing a petuant child scolded by an authority figure, no matter how deserved, will result in overwhelming support for said child and a desire to stick it to the authority figure.

If the judges went easier on Bethenny last night, I suspect it is because they were worried that she will win the whole thing and are trying to make it not seem like such a fiasco, much like they did with Bristol. Although I also suspect that unless her fanbase is greater than Rebecca's and Jonny's combined, most of his fans switched their votes to Rebecca after what happened, in order to circumvent that.

I watched the show on the DVR today, already knowing that Johnny was eliminated. Bethenny looked shocked that she was staying and I wonder if some of her tears after her free skate performance were because she thought it was the last time she'd be skating AND I think it was the first/only week her husband wasn't in the audience to see it.

As far as her votes are concerned, I think she is the most currently recognizable "star" left on the show and has several avenues to ask for people to vote for her (probably more so than Rebecca and Johnny). Bethenny's Getting Married? was the most highly rated reality show that Bravo aired. I never watched any of the Housewives series, either, but had watched the first season of BGM because my friend was on Martha Stewart The Apprentice with her and he appeared in several of the episodes.

Although I didn't add mine to the mix, I do so hope that Rebecca's votes are enough to get her the win. We'll know in the next hour or two (does the final air at 8 or 9 EST tonight?).

FORT Newbie

i have to agree...brooke looked disgusted right before she supposedly found out she was voted off.

vicki

Nah, Brooke let out a gasp when they got out. She looked stunned.

They say the whole "not necessarily" the bottom 2 on DWTS every single week. I bet that really was the bottom 2.

Anyways, they do a leaderboard rank and combine that score with the viewer rank. It's not like DWTS where it is a percentage of the scores with a percentage of the vote. So really, on this show it didn't matter how close or far behind Bethenny was to Johnny in scores.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123