+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12/06 SWTS Show Thread

Re: 12/06 SWTS Show Thread

I was sorry to see Vince go.
    He wasn't the best skater ever, but I just love the guy's attitude.
    Dick Button's TSA comment is one of the reasons you gotta love the guy!!

LaurieAnn and Johnny seemed very much at odds tonight. The same with she and Dick.

Tanith did a beautiful job on the ice and hosting, as usual. I sure wish they could trade Brooke out for her.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 12-07-2010 at 12:47 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

This Bach watcher did see Jonathan aka the Weatherman in the audience.

Once again I loved Rebecca's performance - she was technically fine and the attitude she brought to the dance was spot on most of the time.

Johnny was ambitious with his double jump yet he wasn't downgraded for landing on both feet during the first jump. Ahh - Squaw Valley - absolutely gorgeous. And the ice rink with the curved glass roof...wow.

Vince playing with the kids and acknowledging that he was that boy at 12 was so precious. As far as attitude, his beats Betheny by a mile, plus he was looser tonight, while she wasn't. The power of the vote. sigh

I felt bad for Brandon. I thought Keanu's attitude about how she would have skated through it being a competitor was out of line in front of the judges. I am happy they made it through, though, as the rehearsal footage showed beautiful sweeps. Thank goodness for the "Melissa Rule" from DWTS where a missed performance can be made up with footage of the dress rehearsal or the last rehearsal tape.

It was good to see Kyle/Lacey in the studio giving lessons on connecting. Kyle had the arm extension with the hands just right. Looks like he hasn't forgotten Lacey's lessons. LOL

I do hope Betheny doesn't hang on because of audience votes...she should be the next to go.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I found this episode offensive due to the 2 hosts.

I know all the contestants had it rough during training, but the way they said it felt personal. The 2 hosts were doing no favors for anybody.

To start off, they hyped up the 2 big accidents like it was the main event, like news networks with their obsession with tragedy and the spectacle of it. And every time somebody was introduced, they had to say some crap, yet to make it "balanced" they stuck a 1 second line on the end that didn't really mean anything. There was no optimism,"good luck", or encouragement. It felt cold and like they were setting them up to fail.

It would be like a "friend" saying this before you go out to do a presentation: "I'm just here to remind you of your lack of confidence and setbacks during the week leading up to this moment, and the fact that everybody will be watching, so don't screw it up, and ps, can you redeem yourself?" Actually, by the time the 2nd to last skater went, that is EXACTLY what they did!

Also I am getting very peeved by how small the rink is. You know that feeling you get when you see the loss or reduction of something that is supposed to be more? Such as when looking at images of high compression where the saturation fades or food that isn't sweet/spicy enough? Well that is exactly how I feel towards the dinky rink. It's just TOO small. I see them try to build up speed, to try to have a fluid flow (rather than trying to keep creating it) but they keep running into the edges and it slows them down. It was very noticeable on the skiier's routine. Everything feels like it should be faster and done while just gliding.

The judge's scores are so far whack IMO. It feels like they single out Bethany, and LaurieAnn is grading much too high. Dick is the only one that keeps it interesting and fresh, you can almost always guess what the other two are gonna say (she will always either gush or be disappointed, and never talk about technique... Johnny always brings up technical aspects, etc).
    Last edited by Endit; 12-07-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Meh. That was the last episode I'll be seeing. I wanted to like it given how much I loved Battle of the Blades, but it is dull and the only person I was remotely interested in watching (Vince) is now gone. Next week at 8:00 I'll be watching a movie instead.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

WOW....the production kind of ruined what would have been a dramatic episode. They turned the show into an episode of ER.

I could not believe Waeoano's (got her name wrong) comments regarding her partner going to the ER and not being able to compete. I thought their tape rehearsal was really really GOOD. When he gets better, he will not be happy to come back and compete with his partner because of what she said about him. How she wish she would have been the one to get sick because she would have been able to compete anyway....WHAT??? I couldn't believe what I was hearing from her. That was LOW. I have had real food poisoning before once in my life, and I don't wish that on my worst enemy. I was sick for 3 days solid. I thought my kidneys were ruined. It was horrilble. The 1st day, I threw up so much, there was not anything else to throw up, and it hurt so much on my stomach, that I would drink water just to have something to throw up, instead of the dry heaves I was having. It was pathetic, and you get the picture. The next 2 days, as my body recovered, I felt like a mack truck ran me over. It was a true case of food poisoning. So, if that is what he got, then I belive him 100%.

HINT>>>By the way, never eat at a restaurant when they are getting ready to close or are just opening up for the day. In my case, it was at closing time, and they must have gave me some food that sat out all day long + grew bacteria. When a food joint opens first in the morning, the cleaning products that were used on the grills still have remnants, and you don't want the first food prepared on those grills.

Anyway, sorry off-topic, but wanted to help others avoid food poisoning.

With all the injuries and stuff, it could have been a good dramatic show, but the announcers, the PROS, comments were just down right rude and mean at times. It was not constructive or helpful to either the contestants or us audience. They ruined what could have been an exciting good show. I am disappointed.
    s

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4121783;
    I could not believe Waeoano's (got her name wrong) comments regarding her partner going to the ER and not being able to compete. I thought their tape rehearsal was really really GOOD. When he gets better, he will not be happy to come back and compete with his partner because of what she said about him. How she wish she would have been the one to get sick because she would have been able to compete anyway....WHAT??? I couldn't believe what I was hearing from her. That was LOW.
    I think what she meant was "If I was sick it would have been easier for me to perform through it." She has the skating experience and performance experience, things that the celebrities might worry about and compound onto their illness. Really though it was compounded further by the show not even telling us what happened and they didn't even show if she knew what happened either. Did ANYBODY?

What really was harsh on the show was Johnny saying that the skiier is the only one that improves week to week (even Dick's face reacted to it like "WHAT!? You didn't.")

I am not feeling the host at ALL either. Tanneth is better, but she still reminds me of somebody who I would hear on that old Nick show where they climb The Crag (when the big 3 kids networks USED to be good). The accent, the jokes, the whole thing makes me wonder how he got the job.

Thanks Endit. Yeah, the whole production last night just could have been done so much better. If the judges, the hosts, and the Pros, would just be much more careful in what they say, they could make the show much more enjoyable for the fans of the show. It should be a happy + fun time for all of us + them. I have no problem with good constructive criticism, but it seems they are purposely thowing out a lot of needless "jabs". The skating + natural drama is exciting enough. They don't have to try to purposely create drama. Especially, if it is unwarranted. I hope next week is much better. I still love to watch them all skate.

One last thing.....Did anyone get the impression that Mosely was kind of mean to his partner in his comments after their skate. When he was explaining how it was more or less his fault that his skate cut his partner's hand. He just didn't seem very apologetic to her at all. It was kind of bizarre. You would have thought he would have been very sorry and felt awful about what happened, but I got the impression he didn't seem to care what had happened. It was just bizarre to me, the way he was talking about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4121856;
    One last thing.....Did anyone get the impression that Mosely was kind of mean to his partner in his comments after their skate. When he was explaining how it was more or less his fault that his skate cut his partner's hand. He just didn't seem very apologetic to her at all. It was kind of bizarre. You would have thought he would have been very sorry and felt awful about what happened, but I got the impression he didn't seem to care what had happened. It was just bizarre to me, the way he was talking about the incident.
    I'm sure he apologized profusely and they took care of that before they were on camera during the show. There's no way he couldn't have felt awful but, as elite athletes, they both know that those sorts of things happen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't find anything wrong with Keanu's comments about how she wished it were her who'd been struck by illness, as she'd have been able to go on.
    I didn't see it as mean spirited, or one-upmanship, or anything of the sort.
    She is a trained athlete and that's what she would have done, just like Johnny or Dick.
    It didn't imply, IMO, that she was denigrating Brandon for not being able to do the same. It was just an honest comment which I took at face value.
    I do think, too, that Moseley was very contrite about having hurt Brooke with his skate.
    I, too, wish that Vince would have been saved over Bethenny. Her attitude and skating are annoying to me.
    By the way, does anybody know what her husband does for a living that he can always accompany Bethenny with these appearances? Is he on the Bethenny payroll, or does he have his own career?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast