+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skating with the Stars; 11/29 episode

Re: Skating with the Stars; 11/29 episode

I'm not minding the host so much this week. He seems to have dialed it down a bit.
    I wish they would move Tanith, after this show is done, over to DWTS to replace Brooke. How nice to watch a woman that does other than just strut her fake b*obs!!
    Laurieann makes Carrie Ann sound like a rocket scientist.
    Brandon did a terrific job. I really liked Johnny, too. Vince seems pretty nervous on the ice. HIs skating was good if it were not for the falls.
    Bethenny was OK. I thought, despite the judge's comments, she was scored fairly high. I did think she was extremely tentative on the ice, like the judges said.
    Felt bad for Sean's tumbles. She seemed to try hard, but I don't think it's in the cards for her.
    Enjoyed Rebecca's performance again this week. She's certainly the most technically proficient of all of them.
    Had to agree, though, that it lacked the intensity of a tango.
    Still, my favorites are Rebecca, Brandon and Johnny.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-30-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116994;
    I was actually a little confused with the voting procedure. Were they taking the votes from last week and then combining them with the judges' scores from this and last week? In that case, the falls wouldn't have counted that much with the audience, but the voters must still have preferred Vince, because SY outscored him in total points from the judges (assuming Vince was the other one in the bottom two). I did appreciate that they didn't mess around with the big dramatic pause before announcing who was out. I always think it's kind of mean to torture the two awaiting possible ousting like that.
    Yep, I think so They did the same thing with Skating With Celebrities and I thought it was much better than doing a performance show AND a results show. The viewer votes will count in eliminations for the next week.

I don't know that the fall would have counted that much either, especially since the viewers generally don't take that stuff into account and generally just vote for who they like.

I'm pleased with how little filler there is so far. Of course, that could change as they eliminate people....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4116994;
    I was actually a little confused with the voting procedure. Were they taking the votes from last week and then combining them with the judges' scores from this and last week? .
    I just came here to ask the exact same thing! This show is confusing.

For me, it's a bit more straight forward than DWTS.
    I especially love that there are no big fillers in this show.
    Overall, I did enjoy it more this week.
    Seeing a few good performances made it worthwhile.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It's formatted the same way that the first season of DwtS was. The first week, the celebrities performed and got their initial scores. Those scores were taken over to next week and combined with the second week's scores. They also took into account the viewers' votes from the first week. That is what determined who went home, just as how it determined who went home on this show. So next week, our votes on this show and the scores that the celebrities get on the next show will count towards next week.

Tanith was fantastic! It's a good thing they're utilizing her more and putting her in the Kiss & Cry (what a stupid name though).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4117009;
    Tanith was fantastic! It's a good thing they're utilizing her more and putting her in the Kiss & Cry (what a stupid name though).
    I was glad they adapted and gave Tanith more to do. She was wasted just doing "color commentary." They should give her Brooke's job on DWTS. She definitely thinks better on her feet and she's gorgeous too.

They've called it the Kiss and Cry in skating for a very long time, so they're just carrying that over to this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

If that's the case, then the name fits and I retract that statement. I didn't realize that that little booth had a name. It's definitely appropriate.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know if this show could survive a results show in terms of ratings. I preferred it when DWTS did it this way (I had forgotten all about that back during season 1-I doubt the show would have survived a results show back then, either). I prefer the scoring format they use, though the DWTS trio use to be pretty quick to hand out low scores. Only as the seasons went on did giving a 7 look low.

This show is somewhat enjoyable, though I'd be surprised to see it back for a second season, unless they put it on in the summer (which appears to have more competition than it used to), or we have another writer's strike. I'm not surprised the "movie icon" or whatever she/they called her was eliminated first. Am loving Rebecca and hope she wins this, but would be happy with the others. It's not good trainwreck TV, but enjoyable, if a bit boring.

LaurieAnn Gibson was restrained this episode.

I wish the rink was bigger, but if they did get some speed, I think it would be a bit dangerous and not so great for the skaters anyways (if they are so bad, more speed only complicates the matter).

I am huge stickler for musicality, so and I loved Rebecca and Brandon's routines. They were amazing.

I don't get why everybody is in love with Sean though. Granted I haven't seen Blade Runner or No Way Out, but even still. She ain't coming back next episode though.

BTW, I HATE all these "standing ovations". They are total BS and I think they're set up. NOBODY should be giving that many. I mean even the ones who fell got them. There must be screens in the audience that say "standing ovation" in addition to applause. Either that or one of the requirements to be on the show is having a low standard of showmanship.

Isn't Rachael Zoe Johnny's stylist? The jacket and hair were just awful. And the nail polish.... really?

This show is still a trainwreak... Buttons couldn't get the right paddle up and the host called one of the pro's by the name of Brooke instead of her correct name, Jennifer.

Still cannot stand that Laurieanne chick. She doesn't make any sense half the time.

I tried to watch it again this week but can only get through a couple of skaters and then I have to turn the channel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast