+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Premiere Show Discussion

Re: 11/22 Premiere Show Discussion

I voted for Rebecca all the way, she and the disney star kid were the two top contenders in my opinion!

I'm just watching DWTS on the WC. They just showed a commercial for Skating.
    No wonder they didn't announce the host before.
    Who the heck is he, anyway??
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4111828;
    Oh, shoot. I meant to type Cheryl, and I typed Carrie Ann by mistake. Sorry.
    Cheryl hands down, she went from DWTS to this dumb ass show.

Bethanny was the best. Even though I don't like her at all, she had the most daring moves, and the judges scored her very harshly, no way was she worse than Sean Young...or very old!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by summerfungirl09;4111940;
    Bethanny was the best. Even though I don't like her at all, she had the most daring moves, and the judges scored her very harshly, no way was she worse than Sean Young...or very old!!
    Actually, the most daring thing she did was probably the headbanger spin, and while that's dangerous if the guy drops the woman, it's not an especially difficult trick. I think the judges were critical of her because her basic skating skills were very hesitant compared to someone like Rebecca Buding.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4111909;
    I voted for Rebecca all the way, she and the disney star kid were the two top contenders in my opinion!
    I'd agree with you about Rebecca, but the Disney kid is going to have to stop spending so much time skating on two feet, because sooner or later, Dick is going to get on him for that. In fact, I thought he spent a bit too much time skating in place, so to speak.

If Johnny Moseley can start moving more like a skater than a skier, he might have some potential. He's very rough around the edges right now, but he can pick up his feet, and he seems wiling to work at it.

Actually, given that Sean was skating with a chair in front of her five weeks ago, I thought her basic skating skills were pretty good. But then, Denis is old school Soviet system. He's really going to hammer at the importance of stroking etc. That isn't to say that I think she should win. I'm just surprised at how much he's been able to teach her so quickly, especially given that she isn't the tiniest, most limber, youngest woman out there.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4111874;
    Am I just really, really tired...or was that Tony and, God help us all, Khate in the audience?

I simply must be imagining things.

Bethenny, by the way, strikes me as the Bristol of this lot. When she can lean on her partner, she can manage, but she's awkward on her own.
    Tony was there, but I believe that was his wife in the audience with him.

If Kate was there, luckily I missed her.

I watched on and off tonight. I was more impressed than I thought I'd be. Not a fan of Bethenney's, but am loving Rebecca, the Disney guy, and Johnny.

I really liked how they did their scoring. DWTS had a little sanity back in their early years, and it'd be nice to return to that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did a double take to the Cheryl Burke look alike skater. I thought I already going through DWTS withdrawls, and I don't even care for Cheryl

I found the show to be a bit long for me - will it always be two hours with extended advertisements for the Bachelor, etc.? Can you imagine having to sit around in your skating costume

I really warmed to the Disney kid (I will have to learn his name, won't I?). He had charisma on the ice and a lot of energetic moves. Sean Young skates like a lot of adult skaters at my local rink. They work hard at it and they often look stiff and tentative. I'm very impressed she's out there, though. Dick Button's joke to her was really a stretch but at least someone remembered a movie she was in.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I gave the show a shot, but after about a half hour I threw in the towel and flipped the channel. It's just too out there for me.

The host seems to be phoning it in; Dick Button doesn't always seem to know where he is; Johnny looks like he's wondering if he regrets saying yes to this show. And while I enjoy watching competitive figure skating, I don't find it as entertaining to watch amateurs try to master it as I do with ballroom dancing. Oh well...enjoy it everyone!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Re: Skating with the Stars; 11/22 episode

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4111829;
    Who is that announcer? I can't understand a word he is saying..
    Hi, Jucamer. Funny, I had the exact same thoughts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast