+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Premiere Show Discussion

FORT Regular

Re: 11/22 Premiere Show Discussion

I like that they're judging the technical score on required moves too. At least we have a better idea of where the score is coming from, unlike DWTS.

Rebecca was so good!!! I'm so voting for her!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Wow, I'm amazed at the talent this early on. Maybe because I have never had a pair of ice skates on....but they seem to be judging harshly.

But being old school - I can't wait to see Vince Neil. Break a hip.

I love these trainwrecks. Thanks ABC.

Yep, they're DEFINITELY channeling DWTS, but I like this show!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4111862;
    Wow, I'm amazed at the talent this early on. Maybe because I have never had a pair of ice skates on....but they seem to be judging harshly.

But being old school - I can't wait to see Vince Neil. Break a hip.

I love these trainwrecks. Thanks ABC.
    Actually, despite the low scores, I thought Vince Neil certainly gave it an honest try at least--and he did manage a one foot spin.

I don't mind that they're being tough with their marks, since, thus far, they haven't been unfair. They've judged everyone by pretty much the same standard, unlike some of the ridiculous scores seen on DWTS this season.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Being on Mountain Time, I'm an hour behind you east coasters....so my posts are late...of course. Same goes with DWTS. Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4111865;
    Actually, despite the low scores, I thought Vince Neil certainly gave it an honest try at least--and he did manage a one foot spin.

I don't mind that they're being tough with their marks, since, thus far, they haven't been unfair. They've judged everyone by pretty much the same standard, unlike some of the ridiculous scores seen on DWTS this season.
    I agree.

I'd rather them be honestly tough and fair clear across the board with the marks than pushing particular people because of personal like, dislike, whatever.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Am I just really, really tired...or was that Tony and, God help us all, Khate in the audience?

I simply must be imagining things.

Bethenny, by the way, strikes me as the Bristol of this lot. When she can lean on her partner, she can manage, but she's awkward on her own.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4111873;
    I agree.

I'd rather them be honestly tough and fair clear across the board with the marks than pushing particular people because of personal like, dislike, whatever.
    I always think it isn't so much about tough marking as it is about fair marking. If the same standard is applied to everyone, the top score may be relatively low, but the order of finish will still be right, and that's what matters.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4111871;
    Being on Mountain Time, I'm an hour behind you east coasters....so my posts are late...of course. Same goes with DWTS. Grrrr.
    Hey, some of us are CST--and definitely not East Coasters by any stretch of the imagination. The closest thing to a coast around here is when a kid goes down the hill on her bike without pedaling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast