+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Judges

Re: Judges

I read somewhere they have the 3rd judge in place.
    Her background is as a choreographer.
    I didn't recognize her name, but others may.

I expect Johnny Weir to be colorful in his critiques. He tends to be that way. I'm sure this show won't be an exception for him.

I wish they'd announce the host. It would be great if they had someone good and recognizable in that slot.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4106170;
    I read somewhere they have the 3rd judge in place.
    Her background is as a choreographer.
    I didn't recognize her name, but others may.

I expect Johnny Weir to be colorful in his critiques. He tends to be that way. I'm sure this show won't be an exception for him.

I wish they'd announce the host. It would be great if they had someone like good and recognizable in that slot.
    If it is a choreographer that is well known in skating circles I would suggest 3 potential names:
    Sarah Kawahara
    Lea Ann Miller
    Sandra Bezik

Of the three I would think Sarah has the inside track. Sandra has more network face time as an annalist on skating competitions as well as being the head judge on "Battle of the Blades". The question is whether she could fit this into her schedule. Sarah lives in LA and is tied into the right circles. She has done choreography for lots of TV specials. She is very well spoken too.

I wasn't going to watch, but Johnny Weir just might pull me in for a few episodes.

I SO hope that he occasionally puts on one of his blond wigs and glasses, and talks like an old Russian female coach.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4106223;
    If it is a choreographer that is well known in skating circles I would suggest 3 potential names:
    Sarah Kawahara
    Lea Ann Miller
    Sandra Bezik

Of the three I would think Sarah has the inside track. Sandra has more network face time as an annalist on skating competitions as well as being the head judge on "Battle of the Blades". The question is whether she could fit this into her schedule. Sarah lives in LA and is tied into the right circles. She has done choreography for lots of TV specials. She is very well spoken too.
    No, it's not any of them. It was someone I hadn't heard of.

I'll see if I can find the article where I read it.

Here it is.

Laurieann Gibson - Laurieann Gibson trained at the prestigious Alvin Ailey dance company and then segued from theater dance to hip hop as director of choreography for Motown and Bad Boy Records. In addition to working with such stars as Michael Jackson, Alicia Keys, Dixie Chicks, Clay Aiken, Brandy, Beyonc�, Lady Gaga, The Jonas Brothers, Jordin Sparks and Mario, she choreographed the feature film "Alfie," as well as the film "Honey," in which she also appeared. She has worked alongside acclaimed directors Spike Lee with Beyonc� for Pepsi and Matthew Rolston. In 2005 she began as on-air choreographer of MTV's hit show, "Making the Band," starring girl group Danity Kane. She and her signature moves were seen every week for three seasons. Gibson recently wrapped taping "Starmaker," an MTV reality show co-produced by Sean "Puffy" Combs and Mark Burnett. She is also working with the legendary Broadway Dance Center of New York City and is headlining "The Pulse," a multi-city dance tour/seminar. In addition, she is the new face of Capezio's Frontline dance wear, the first hip hop dance collection every released by Capezio. She has choreographed tours for both Miley Cyrus and Jesse McCartney, and has already signed on for next season's "Making the Band." She was also heavily featured in Diddy's "Making His Band" on MTV. This past summer Gibson appeared as a choreographer on the hit "So You Think You Can Dance."

Read more: Breaking News - ABC Announces Judges for "Skating With the Stars" | TheFutonCritic.com Breaking News - ABC Announces Judges for "Skating With the Stars" | TheFutonCritic.com
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-15-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4106408;
    No, it's not any of them. It was someone I hadn't heard of.

I'll see if I can find the article where I read it.

Here it is.

Laurieann Gibson - Laurieann Gibson trained at the prestigious Alvin Ailey dance company and then segued from theater dance to hip hop as director of choreography for Motown and Bad Boy Records. In addition to working with such stars as Michael Jackson, Alicia Keys, Dixie Chicks, Clay Aiken, Brandy, Beyonc�, Lady Gaga, The Jonas Brothers, Jordin Sparks and Mario, she choreographed the feature film "Alfie," as well as the film "Honey," in which she also appeared. She has worked alongside acclaimed directors Spike Lee with Beyonc� for Pepsi and Matthew Rolston. In 2005 she began as on-air choreographer of MTV's hit show, "Making the Band," starring girl group Danity Kane. She and her signature moves were seen every week for three seasons. Gibson recently wrapped taping "Starmaker," an MTV reality show co-produced by Sean "Puffy" Combs and Mark Burnett. She is also working with the legendary Broadway Dance Center of New York City and is headlining "The Pulse," a multi-city dance tour/seminar. In addition, she is the new face of Capezio's Frontline dance wear, the first hip hop dance collection every released by Capezio. She has choreographed tours for both Miley Cyrus and Jesse McCartney, and has already signed on for next season's "Making the Band." She was also heavily featured in Diddy's "Making His Band" on MTV. This past summer Gibson appeared as a choreographer on the hit "So You Think You Can Dance."

Read more: Breaking News - ABC Announces Judges for "Skating With the Stars" | TheFutonCritic.com Breaking News - ABC Announces Judges for "Skating With the Stars" | TheFutonCritic.com
    Interesting - not a skater. This could make for some true Carrie Ann Inaba moments.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4106462;
    Interesting - not a skater. This could make for some true Carrie Ann Inaba moments.
    Too funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4106462;
    "I think I saw a lift there!"

"Um, yeah, it's one of the requirements actually..."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4106468;
    "I think I saw a lift there!"

"Um, yeah, it's one of the requirements actually..."

"I'm afraid you broke hold in the middle section."
    "You mean during the throw?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4106285;
    I wasn't going to watch, but Johnny Weir just might pull me in for a few episodes.

I SO hope that he occasionally puts on one of his blond wigs and glasses, and talks like an old Russian female coach.
    Oh, man, if he does, Dick Button is sooooo not going to be amused.

The great thing about having Dick around, however, is that he's sure to say at least one incredibly weird thing per show. Skating fans call them Buttonisms.

My personal favorite is the time he said, "We're going to see some amazing things coming out of the men's shorts tonight!" I assume he meant their short programs, but still....

I love Dick Button. I like Johnny Weir skating, but not so much talking. Some judges I'd have liked to see would be Kurt Browning, Peggy Fleming, Robin Cousins, and as mentioned above, Scott Hamilton.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast