+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Mychal Smith

Re: Brandon Mychal Smith

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4100425;
    I'd rather see folks who have at least some ability coming in. If all of the "stars" were rank beginners it would be a snooze-fest when it wasn't an impromptu episode of ER.
    Or another version of Americas Funniest Home Videos.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4100903;
    I didn't mean to suggest that the pros on this show were chopped liver, but none of them has won a world championship and two Olympic medals. Eisler is known for being a terrific partner and, although the pros on this series are surely good skaters, they just aren't in his league, IMHO. If they were, people outside skating would have heard of them
    One advantage Eisler had was that he was specifically known as half a pair that had great lifts. It was really their specialty. If spinning, for instance, had been his speciality, it would likely have been much more difficult to translate that into working well with an amateur partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4108159;
    One advantage Eisler had was that he was specifically known as half a pair that had great lifts. It was really their specialty. If spinning, for instance, had been his speciality, it would likely have been much more difficult to translate that into working well with an amateur partner.
    That's true, I'm sure. The judges did comment more than once on what a good partner he was and I don't think they did any lifts for the first week or so. They kept complimenting Lloyd on how he supported Kristy and helped make her look better. I remember footage of their training sessions and how patient and supportive he was with her. Now we know that he probably already had the hots for her, so he likely had ulterior motives, but he was still a great partner.

Anyway, back to Brandon, who looks like he weighs about 90 lbs soaking wet, holding a brick. Is his partner a little person? If not, I hope he's started pumping iron!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4108297;
    That's true, I'm sure. The judges did comment more than once on what a good partner he was and I don't think they did any lifts for the first week or so. They kept complimenting Lloyd on how he supported Kristy and helped make her look better. I remember footage of their training sessions and how patient and supportive he was with her. Now we know that he probably already had the hots for her, so he likely had ulterior motives, but he was still a great partner.

Anyway, back to Brandon, who looks like he weighs about 90 lbs soaking wet, holding a brick. Is his partner a little person? If not, I hope he's started pumping iron!
    She's small, but not that small. I dread any overhead lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4108329;
    She's small, but not that small. I dread any overhead lifts.
    I'd be really surprised if they did any overhead lifts, simply for liability reasons. Maybe a throw jump or something or a simple lift, but I doubt we'll see more than that. If we do, then those are some brave girls!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

According to TMZ,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brandon is out of the show due to illness. Apparently, he still has not been officially diagnosed. At this point, I doubt it's food poisoning. The blurb I read said he's so weak he can barely stand. Poor guy.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I am so sorry to hear that. I really hope they can diagnose him so that it doesn't effect anything else in his life.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Click to see Spoiler:
    If this is the case, I wonder how they will handle the elimination this week. Will they let it slide for a week or still have an elimination?

Spoiler tags can now be removed. Brandon was interviewed as he sat on a chair on the ice and said that he was too weak to continue the competition. There was no elimination because of this and last weeks votes will be combined with this weeks votes to send one of the final three home on Monday. Then the Finale with the final two will be on Tuesday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Apparently, the Jonathan/Weatherman person I've seen mentioned on here as being in the audience has been an understudy from the beginning and will be replacing Brandon in the semi-finals. Sorry, I've no idea who he is, but here's the link where I read about this.

The Bachelorette's "Weatherman" Joins Skating With the Stars - E! Online
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast