Dancing with the Stars pushes the cheese factor as it is. Ice skating with the Stars is pure cheese.
What the heck, though. Looks like fun and provides exposure for fans.
Couple of thoughts...
It's a good one-time only show for the holidays - kind of like the singing show with Nick Lachey (love that show...loved the choir show from a few year's back the best, though).
- Sean Young has a reputation for being a nut job, but I liked her tonight. I have a thing for older women doing things beyond the norm.
- I'm no expert, but I didn't get the judging. I normally agree with the judges on DWTS but not on this show - at least not tonight.
- I like the choreographer on the panel, but she doesn't belong. I understand the value of choreography but there is so much more to the sport. I would much rather see an ice skater.
- The athletes were cute and nice and they seemed to have the same kind of good juju as on DWTS. That makes all the difference.
- What's with the host complimenting the stars and pros on their physical appearance? Couldn't tell if he was gay or straight but either way, his comments were inappropriate and plain old awkward.
- I'm not a Bethany fan, but she should be on DWTS. She'd be fun to watch. The one judge called her out by saying she needs to commit to the show or sit on the side. I can see Bethany making the show a side-note.
- I was a little bored. The pace of the skating was too slow. Maybe it will pick up as the skaters get more experience.
- My favorites are Brandon Mychal Smith, Vince Neil, and Sean Young.