+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Skating With The Stars

Re: Skating With The Stars

I read this morning that Vince was a competitive figure skater until he was 12 yrs old. He might have some moves left over. This might not be a complete train wreck after all.

Interesting cast. We'll see how it goes. Rebecca Buding - isn't that Bob Guiney"s (from the Bachelor) ex?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf;4098937;
    Interesting cast. We'll see how it goes. Rebecca Buding - isn't that Bob Guiney"s (from the Bachelor) ex?
    Yep.

FORT Fogey

I am a serious ice-skating watcher. Never been able to stand up on ice skates myself, but watch every show I can find.

I will definitely watch not because of the "stars" but because of the sport.
    I hope it is not a total train wreck. Hope springs eternal..........

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4094723;
    They did the same type of show on FOX a few seasons past.
    None of the stars were prior skaters and they performed pretty well and it was fun to watch.
    Kristy Swanson won it.
    I remember that show. The only other "star" I remember was the guy who played Joey on Full House.

The stars did much better than I expected they would - ice skating is so hard - my ankles start aching after about 10 minutes.

FORT Fogey

Looking forward to seeing Smith and Mclaughlin. Those two should know how to sell anything they perform! Too bad no Dennis Petukov

Skating With Celebrities "starred" Deborah Gibson, Todd Bridges, Kristi Swanson, Jillian Barberie, Bruce Jenner and Dave Coulier. It was great fun. For me, the pro skaters were the stars - Tai Babilonia, Jenni Meno, John Zimmerman, Nancy Kerrigan, Kurt Browning and Lloyd Eisler. I don't recognize ANY of the pro skaters on this show.

Kristi Swanson, who had next to NO skating experience, ended up winning with her partner, Lloyd Eisler. They've since gotten married and had a baby. I doubt we'll get that same result this time!

Unlike others, I actually hope this show is a train wreck! I love a good celebrity train wreck. It's more fun to watch and to recap!

I'm curious about who'll be hosting and judging.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I always love a good trainwreck Though I doubt we'll see any Kate or Cloris's on ice, because I remember when I learned how to ice skate. It took me a week just to be able to let go of the side of the rink (and even then I didn't get very far). So maybe we'll have some good meltdowns to make up for any bumbling on skates. I know Bethenny doesn't bite her tongue, from what I've seen in the press. ABC has to make it work somehow, since that's what these shows are all about.

I remember Skating with Celebrities. I thought they did a decent job getting recognizable people, because the only one I didn't know of was Bruce Jenner (now I'd recognize him anywhere thanks to E!)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4096936;
    I've never heard of any of those skaters.
    And, I'm a pretty big fan of ice skating.

At least on Fox's Skating show, the skaters were recognizable.

I think I may have to skip the axels and so caw's (sp?) and miss this.
    Salchow / Salchows

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4100117;
    I always love a good trainwreck Though I doubt we'll see any Kate or Cloris's on ice, because I remember when I learned how to ice skate. It took me a week just to be able to let go of the side of the rink (and even then I didn't get very far). So maybe we'll have some good meltdowns to make up for any bumbling on skates. I know Bethenny doesn't bite her tongue, from what I've seen in the press. ABC has to make it work somehow, since that's what these shows are all about.

I remember Skating with Celebrities. I thought they did a decent job getting recognizable people, because the only one I didn't know of was Bruce Jenner (now I'd recognize him anywhere thanks to E!)

Wow. That says a lot about the "stars" that are recognizable nowadays.

Bruce Jenner was an amazing Olympian before Keeping up with the Kardashians became an E fixture.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast