+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Skating With The Stars

Re: Skating With The Stars

I found the partner assignments here:

ABC reveals cast and professionals of Skating With the Stars - Pittsburgh Ice Skating | Examiner.com

The pairings are:

* Burgess and Frankel
    * Castile and Moseley
    * McLaughlin and Smith
    * Pethukov and Young
    * Wester and Neil
    * Palascak and Budig

While I like Denis Pethukov, I think his chances are diminished by having 50 year old Sean Young as a partner.

Right now I'd put my money on PalascaK and Budig. Evidently she skated extensively as a child.

Of the male stars I'd go with Moseley paired with Castile.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Wow! Talk about disappointing! I was hoping for at least C-list celebrities. I have only heard of two of these "stars". Vince Neil as an old has-been rocker, and Sean Young as a has-been actress who made a total fool of herself years ago by dressing up as Catwoman and trying to convince the producers of the Batman movies to cast her in the role. They didn't. She was known as an actress too bitchy and hard to work with and nobody would cast her, so she sunk into obscurity. I'm guessing that they hope to get some drama from her diva attitude.

I also have not heard of the skaters.

Is this show even worth the time to watch? Darn, I was really hoping for the Apolo rumor to be true!

Denis is serious eye candy. I plan on giving it a shot.

Maybe someone has already thought of this, but I'll say it. Awwwwww Jill Zarin didn't get the part! She had the outfit and everything! LOL

I immediately thought of Jill when I saw Bethanny was cast! I'm wondering if Jill was their first choice but because of her ratings drop and Amazongate they decided to go with Bethanny? I thought when she did her little segment on the NY show about practicing skating and then skating for her friends that it was an odd thing to show, so short. Maybe if she was still potentially in the SWTS lineup at that time it was to whet our appetites for more Jill on ice?! If so, she bought her little costume and landed a purple bruise for nothing!

If ABC is hoping that the whole DWTS audience will migrate to the ice, I think they are going to be disappointed. For me, this will be one of those shows where it will be more interesting to read snarky accounts of the show online than to actually watch it.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-04-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I love a good skating show, and can't resist a train wreck. I'm in!

There are many, many excellent skaters out there who get as far as competing nationally who never become household names. It's sad how exclusive the skating world is - but in the meantime, I'm positive we'll see excellent skaters. Anyone who can get to Nationals is worth our attention.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4097757;
    I love a good skating show, and can't resist a train wreck. I'm in!

There are many, many excellent skaters out there who get as far as competing nationally who never become household names. It's sad how exclusive the skating world is - but in the meantime, I'm positive we'll see excellent skaters. Anyone who can get to Nationals is worth our attention.
    I agree, hepcat! And besides, how many of the Dancing With the Stars dancing professionals did the public know BEFORE the show went on the air? Possibly only one or two and probably NONE.

Skating with the Stars, Meet the Six Cast Members of Season 1 (Photo Links) - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

This article today now shows no Denis Petchukov in the mix. Instead it shows 50 yr old Sean Young paired with Daniil Barantsev, Jennifer Wester's husband. So it appears we now have husband and wife pros competing against each other. Jennifer is also paired with the oldest male competitor, 49 yr old Vince Neil. My pre-show rankings are as follows:

1. Rebecca Budig (Actress All My Children) paired with Fred Palascak
    2. Betheny Frankel (Real Housewives Reality Star), paired with Benjamin Okolski
    3. Jonny Moseley (Olympic Gold Medal Skier) paired with Brooke Castile
    4. Brandon Mychal Smith (Disney Star) paired with Keauna McLaughlin
    5. Sean Young (Actress) paired with Daniil Barantsev
    6. Vince Neil (Lead of Motley Crue), paired with Jennifer Wester

These rankings could change as I learn more about the "stars" previous skating experience.

Hmmm. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC traded up to get Ben. As for Daniil vs. Denis, wonder if Melissa had something to do with Denis being "unavailable"? It wouldn't shock me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast