+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Anyone know why Jillian got fired brom Good Day Sacramento. Last time I saw her she was on there with a different lady and the old man. Then one day it was two different ladies and still the old man.

I was thrilled with the results
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by kenzmom2cu View Post
    Anyone know why Jillian got fired brom Good Day Sacramento. Last time I saw her she was on there with a different lady and the old man. Then one day it was two different ladies and still the old man.
    Are you sure she got fired? Isn't she on a morning show in LA now, which is a bigger market? Maybe she left because she got a better offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I was thrilled with the results
    Me, too. If I ignore all of the scandal stuff, I just plain enjoy watching Lloyd and Kristie skate more. And I was impressed with how far Kristie came in her skating from the beginning of the show.

She really is thick though. (I'm talking mentally, but whoever said that the yellow costume she wore wasn't too flattering was right about her looking thick, too.)

Seriously. I can't believe she couldn't figure out whether or not they had won. It wasn't even a math problem, really. I was just a matter of knowing whether 9 is more than 8 and 8 is more than 7. If she had paid attention to the scores for the other team, she should have known that as long as there weren't four scores that were lower by one point, they would win (or any of the other combinations that would place them lower).

Of course, I suppose I could cut her some slack based on the fact that she was in the middle of a competition where she was maybe stressed and distracted. But I get the impression that this sort of logic isn't something she can figure out on a daily basis.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

The judge John Nicks made a comment that in a nutshell pretty much meant just because Jillian fell doesn't mean they should lose. I immediately thought of Sasha Cohen being he is her coach and she fell and got back up and skated brilliantly for a silver medal. I thought that was very kindly of him and kind of a foresight being this was taped before the Olympics. I also don't know if Lloyd and Kristy were any better than John and Jillian just that they showed improvement while John and Jillian were consistent.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    The judge John Nicks made a comment that in a nutshell pretty much meant just because Jillian fell doesn't mean they should lose. I immediately thought of Sasha Cohen being he is her coach and she fell and got back up and skated brilliantly for a silver medal. I thought that was very kindly of him and kind of a foresight being this was taped before the Olympics. I also don't know if Lloyd and Kristy were any better than John and Jillian just that they showed improvement while John and Jillian were consistent.
    That's one of the things I always wondered about in all competitions (even this one). The skaters get penalized for trying harder moves if they fail, so what's the incentive to even try? They often opt NOT to try the harder tricks and stick with ones they know they can stick. So instead of trying the quads or the triple axels, they'll stick with triple loops or double axels (I'm talking about the elite athletes here). The way the judging is set up, what's the incentive to try a harder move if you know it'll be used against you if you fail? The fact that Jillian even tried an axel was amazing, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    She really is thick though. (I'm talking mentally, but whoever said that the yellow costume she wore wasn't too flattering was right about her looking thick, too.)

Seriously. I can't believe she couldn't figure out whether or not they had won. It wasn't even a math problem, really. I was just a matter of knowing whether 9 is more than 8 and 8 is more than 7.
    LOL! Um, that comment was from me. Yeah, she always seems confused when any numbers are mentioned...Lloyd had a better grasp of it since, I'm sure during their competitor days they were always mentally calculating how many tenths they were ahead or behind.

Whatever is going on off the ice aside, I thought the right pair won. John and Jillian both looked nice and were consistently good, but they never really seemed to advance much, whereas Kristy and Lloyd very noticeably kept getting better week after week and didn't shy away from very technically difficult moves.

(Had to laugh when reading the earlier post that said Kristy didn't do anything last nite...like it's no big deal to be able to hold yourself perfectly straight when someone is holding you up by one hand 7 feet off the ground and spinning around while doing it, lol. )
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    Am I the only one who was reading double meanings into everything said re: Kristy and Lloyd?

"I'd like to see more of a connection between you." (Okay, Dorothy, you asked for it!)

"I see him as a big brother." (Eww! That's one freaky family.)

"We've stopped the down-up, down-up." (I'm not touching that one. )
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the mind in the gutter

I watched CSI last night, so I missed the finale (forgot it was on) I am happy that Kristy and Lloyd won. Whatever, the deal is with their personal lives, I found them to be very entertaining to watch each week. They looked like they were having fun and were steadily getting better and trying new things. Jillian and John never seemed to be skating together, they seemed to be pushing themselves too much to do stunts and didn't spend as much time on the dance part of the skate. If they had been more involved with each other (no pun intended) while skating I think they would have received better scores. I am sorry to hear that Jillian fell, but all through the competition she was willing to sacrifice her body!

MRD
    After reading all the Kristy and Lloyd scandal, I didn't care who won last night. This show was just blah anyway, don't know whY I continued to watch it.

I thought that the recaps showed that Kristy had put on weight from show one to the end. By the end, she has a little double chin going. I thought Lloyd was strong and brave to lift her up. She is definetly not as tight or toned as Jillian. That said, I was tired of Jillians abs and butt crack and butt tattoo and skimpy costumes.

I don't think this is a show that will be back. If it is, I won't be watching.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I thought that the recaps showed that Kristy had put on weight from show one to the end. By the end, she has a little double chin going.
    Maybe she's...pregnant?! (Just me stirring up trouble...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast