+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Personally, they should have done all the finale tonight instead of stretching it out to Thursday. Who;s brilliant idea was that???

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one...I was like WTH when it started getting closer and closer to the end of the hour and the winner was not revealed. What a gip. I totally thought tonight was the finale and not just the finals.

In light of all the recent rumors, it was super creepy to watch Lloyd all Mr. Grabby McGrabberson with Kristy. In front of the judges his hand was around her waist (okay, understandable) but her hand was over his hand around her waist (a little beyond friendly, or am I reading too much into it). If you guys want to snuggle, get a room!
    When Summer was interviewing them on the practice rink before they skated, he had his arm around her and she kept pulling away and he'd pull her back. Happened 3 or 4 times.

Also after their skate when Summer asked them what was different from the first night to tonight, I looked at hubby and said: they're hitting it off the ice as well as on the ice now.

I was pulling for them to win but now, have no respect for either of them. Don't like Jillian either, so don't even know why I'm still watching.
    I'd rather see Bruce and Tai get the trophy.

Does Scott Hamilton always wear skates because they give him an additional 2-3 inches of height? If he didn't have the skates on, the top of his head would be level with Summer's shoulder.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-28-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    ...it was super creepy to watch Lloyd all Mr. Grabby McGrabberson with Kristy...If you guys want to snuggle, get a room!

i agree snowflake! you had me with that "Grabby McGrabberson" line

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Since they didn't pick the winner tonight, what's left for the final show? Why couldn't they wrap it up tonight? Sheesh. Glad I didn't spend the whole time watching. I hope Lloyd loses. Just because.

There is a free skate on Thursday. But I'm with the rest of you who said they could have done this all last night instead of having all the filler they did.

Snowflakegirl, LOL...your comment about Lloyd was too funny. I really don't like them for what they did to the wife, but would rather they win than Jillian. She just grates on my nerves
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

As much as we'd like this show to be OVER, it wouldn't have been fair to the two remaining couples to have to perform twice in once night (short program/free skate). Also any added sighting of John Zimmerman are welcome on my TV.

I haven't read the whole sordid tale about Kristi and Lloyd yet. Maybe this is a case of the Stockholm syndrome where captive or captor fall under the spell of the other. Kristi commented at the beginning of the competition that she thought Lloyd was treating her worse than the other "stars" were being treated by their pros. His tatoos and piercings remind me of an aging man trying to rekindle his youth (see Cruise, Tom). If Kristi did this show to give her career a boost, adultery will probably counteract any good she accomplished.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I don't know about you all but with both of these two women, I cringe every time they get lifted with thoughts of what might happen if they fall on their stomach and all that silicone hits the ice *ouchie* It can't be good
    Perfection is just fine by me!

The show was so bloated that I found myself looking forward to the commercial breaks. Even the commercials that I had seen dozens of times before were more interesting than the content on the show. It's hard to believe that Fox found a way to get another hour's worth of material.
    For some reason, I have never found Jillian and John very interesting. Everyone says that they are so hot, but I just don't see it. When I heard the music that they were skating to was "Toxic" I couldn't help feeling that it was so appropriate that maybe Jillian and John don't take themselves as seriously as I thought.
    I did like Kristy and Lloyd's routine, but the stories that have come out about their personal lives have made it very difficult for me to root for them.
    Only the thought that I have made it this far that I might as well see who wins will make me tune in on Thursday - unless there is something more interesting scheduled at the same time - like weather updates.

MRD
    [QUOTE=dberk;1803430]As much as we'd like this show to be OVER, it wouldn't have been fair to the two remaining couples to have to perform twice in once night (short program/free skate). Also any added sighting of John Zimmerman are welcome on my TV.

QUOTE]

Since the show was taped months ago, they could have performed on 2 different nights and then edited into one finale show instead of drawing it out in two.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345