+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/13 show discussion **spoilers**

2/13 show discussion **spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until 12:00 Midnight Eastern. Thanks and enjoy the show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Guess everyone is watching the Olympics tonight!

John and Jillian looked pretty good as usual. The judges wanted them to have more variety and try the harder moves...didn't they tell them last time to not push it?

Premium Member
    Seems like Jillian is in the air a lot, all those lifts means less time that she has to actually skate.

I love to watch John move. I no longer wish to attend Jillian's pity party. If she hadn't push too hard at the beginning, her advanced skills combined with John's fabulousness would have won this for them easily.

The old guy praises the choreography but disses the content of the choreography. He's hard to take seriously.

The judges need to be more realistic of what is a reasonable expectation.

I think this might be Bruce and Tai's last night...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    The judges need to be more realistic of what is a reasonable expectation.
    The more I watch this the more I think the whole thing is a joke. You can't have a strong male pairs skater like John or Lloyd paired with celebs who have skating experience and judge them against Bruce who has never skated in his life plus is quite a bit older and has horrible knees. Tai is wonderful but she can't carry Bruce like the other male pairs skaters can carry their partners. I'm no longer impressed with John and Jillian... all he does is lift her and she's in the air as much as she is actually skating.

Bruce made a point of bending his knees more this week. He looks much more relaxed but they were only dancing half speed to that song and there wasn't a lot of energy. This should be their last week, but I've enjoyed watching them. Tia is great and John made sense for once about her carrying the performance. The other male judge told them to pick a signature move to use each time while John bashed John/Jillian for reusing moves.

Their scores are too high.

Wanna see something kind of odd - switch back and forth from the Olympics to this show. (Currently showing pairs skating on the Olympics.) It kind of made me appreciate Bruce's attempts out there. Gosh I feel for the guy - but I think he is on borrowed time as far as this competition goes.

Premium Member
    Lloyd has carried Kristi through about half of this performance too. It's nice but she's not doing that much.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Wanna see something kind of odd - switch back and forth from the Olympics to this show. (Currently showing pairs skating on the Olympics.) It kind of made me appreciate Bruce's attempts out there. Gosh I feel for the guy - but I think he is on borrowed time as far as this competition goes.
    That's what I've been doing Ana. I think you're right though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast