+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/13 show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bufalochik View Post
    Okay, I just got home and missed tonite. Who got kicked off? Somebody fill me in please. Fox's website is about as live as Abe Lincoln... Kim
    Bruce and Tai were eliminated.

Marleybone and Broadway, I'm with you and rooting for Kristi and Lloyd. I thought they skated beautifully tonight.

As for Jillian and John, I agree with the British guy. They are the best skaters technically, but they haven't improved since their first skate, and they aren't doing much with what they have. Kristi and Lloyd have passed them up as far as I can see, and Kristi had to come much further from a skill perspective.

I agree with the person who said that Jillian brought this all on herself by overdoing and causing herself injuries. If she had paced herself, she and John would have won this easily.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've always been a big fan of Lloyd's so I'm glad to see he is in the finals. I love how he can just throw his partner around like they were a rag doll!!! He's always been sexy to me in a bad boy way (minus the eyebrow ring...don't care for those!). John is sexy as hell and I just drool looking at him just standing there....
    I thought Bruce and Tai were gracious and grateful for what they (Bruce) had achieved. Just like George Hamilton and John O'Hurley at DWTS, its nice sometimes to see the "old" guys do so well.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So glad that Kristy and Llyod won.

All Jilliane and John do is recycle the same old tricks. I have yet to see them skate to a different tempo. Their music all sounds the same.

Seriously, though, it would have been a much fairer field if it was all male skating partners or all female skating partners. If Bruce was up against other non experienced male partners he would still be in this competition.

What sucks is we have to wait 2 weeks for the finale, but next Monday is the woman's figure skating finals and everyone will be watching that.

Oh, did anyone read Jill interview in the TV Guide, she complained that all that training gave her muscles and her girlfriends were saying she looked too hard. She claims normally she never works out.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Well, I'm with you Marley, Broadway, and Miss Griss. I am rooting for Lloyd and Kristi to win this competition. They have come a long way and have a great connection. They not only do the tricks, but also have a SKATING routine.

Where as Jillian and John just go for the lifts and tricks. Jillian spends more time in the air than on the ice.

Bruce and Tai went out gracefully. I have to hand it to him for getting out there and trying something new. He couldn't possibly do the same as the professional male skaters, but he tried his best. Last night was the best I've seen him skate.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought last night was great! I was going back and forth between this and 7th Heaven, so I missed Jillian, but I got to see Kristi and Bruce. I thought they both did an amazing job. Especially since they had not really skated before. I am glad that Bruce and Tai were able to go out in style, while I agree that Bruce let Tai do most of the work, so do Kristi and Jillian let the guys do most of the work. I think it just looks better when the professional is the guy to do all of those lifts.

Go Kristi and LLoyd!

I'm another one rooting for Lloyd & Kristie--always a strong effort & always fun to watch. Sad to see Bruce & Tai go. They're both young at heart & good sports!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I thought Bruce and Tai were gracious and grateful for what they (Bruce) had achieved. Just like George Hamilton and John O'Hurley at DWTS, its nice sometimes to see the "old" guys do so well.......
    Actually John O'Hurley fussed so much about being "robbed" of the title, they had to schedule a grudge match to get him to shut up and end the pity party.

I'm happy with either of the skating finalists winning.

One reason to watch this over the Olympics: the judging actually reflects the quality of the performances and the team that wins deserves to win. John Nicks comments were at times overly critical, but I thought that his judging was always fair.
    As much as I liked watching Bruce and Tai it was obvious that he just does not have the ability to compete against the remaining teams. If, through some fluke, such as one of the other teams falling during their performance it would make the final pretty anti-climatic. The chances of them getting lucky 2 weeks in a row were pretty slim. Besides, it's a lot better to see a team win based on a good performance, not on the mistake of another team.
    Perhaps, it is just me, but for the past couple of weeks it seemed that Jillian and John were doing the same performance. The music was different, but the moves and choreography seemed the same. They were good, just not very original. Kristy and Lloyd, on the other hand, really impressed me. Their performance last night was just as enjoyable as any I have seen, celebrity or not. I really hope that they can do it again next week (or whenever the final is).

Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    One reason to watch this over the Olympics: the judging actually reflects the quality of the performances and the team that wins deserves to win. John Nicks comments were at times overly critical, but I thought that his judging was always fair.
    As much as I liked watching Bruce and Tai it was obvious that he just does not have the ability to compete against the remaining teams. If, through some fluke, such as one of the other teams falling during their performance it would make the final pretty anti-climatic. The chances of them getting lucky 2 weeks in a row were pretty slim. Besides, it's a lot better to see a team win based on a good performance, not on the mistake of another team.
    Perhaps, it is just me, but for the past couple of weeks it seemed that Jillian and John were doing the same performance. The music was different, but the moves and choreography seemed the same. They were good, just not very original. Kristy and Lloyd, on the other hand, really impressed me. Their performance last night was just as enjoyable as any I have seen, celebrity or not. I really hope that they can do it again next week (or whenever the final is).
    Finale is Feb 27th.

FORT Fan
    Stupid question alert:
    Was this show taped? I thought it was a live show every week, but how could John Nicks be judging this competition and be in Torino with Sasha Cohen at the same time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast