+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I cheered when they booted Nasty Kerrigan!
    Either Jenner's or Eisler's team could win & I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by especialk View Post
    Kristy and Lloyd skated to Tal Bachman - She's So High. Tai and Bruce apparently skated to a Carrie Underwood song (though I did not recognize it), and Jillian and John skated to Pink (I think I got these right - someone correct me otherwise ).
    You're right. The Carrie Underwood song was "Inside my Heaven," the winner's song from last season's finale. The Pink song was "Trouble."

Quote Originally Posted by MissGriss
    Was it on ABC where you live? In my area, it's on FOX, so there wouldn't be any conflict. They were showing AI commercials throughout Skating with Celebs.
    You know what... it IS on FOX. Oh my... I guess I was just thinking automatically of ABC because of Dancing with the Stars. Oops!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I would love to see a Kristy/Bruce final with Tai and Bruce winning it all. Bruce is doing great considering his knees are a mess, and I was glad he reminded John Nicks of that when JN was criticizing his stiffness.

I'm getting tired of Jillian. She's doing great but she's skating stupid. She should get a clue and listen to her body telling her that she's pushing too hard. I think John Nicks is harder on them because they set the bar so high for themselves in the beginning, and while they are still skating great, they are skating the same as they were in the beginning and are not showing the improvement that the other teams are.
    I think John Nicks is harder on them because of the obvious skating experience Jillian has. The others were all brand new to skating, and I think Jillian has an unfair advantage. I've read that Kristi has a little experience, but not near as much as Jillian. Even though I like her, I don't think she should have been eligible for this competition.

The trouble with Jillian and John is that they started with such a strong routine in the first show that it just doesn't register anymore. They don't seem to have gotten any better (and much of that is likely because of Jillian's injuries). Each routine that they do just has a deja vu feeling to it. Kristy and Lloyd, on the other hand obviously have improved. Their routine this week was very strong, even more so for being somewhat unexpected. Jillian and John, previously the strongest skaters did not seem any better than Kristy and Lloyd.

Dave and Nancy were their usual uncharismatic selves. Finally they are gone.It is my earnest hope that neither one of them ever appear on television again.

Bruce just does not have the skating skills to compete. Tai did a great job of recovering from their off-ice adventures and she and Bruce do seem to be having fun together. The gap between them and the other remaining pairs is just to great to bridge. Barring a fall by one of the other teams, it's logical to assume that they will be the next team to go. On the plus for Bruce, the cut on his head will give him an excuse to have some more plastic surgery done. (Although, judging by his current look, he hasn't need much of excuse before).

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I love watching Bruce and Tai, I think their choreography is a little better and they are skating in snyc with each other and really connecting. They are also taking their time and showcasing their skills unlike the other teams who are just jampacking their routines with as much stuff as possible to very loud music that I do not see a program but just trick after trick. I do think that Bruce/Tai are at a disadvantage competing with Kristy/Lloyd and Jillian/John cause with experienced men partners they can do the lifts required. Bruce is 20 yrs older than both of the other men, bad knees and what 7 wks skating experience, doesn't seem fair.

I am so glad Nancy/Dave are gone, they had no chemistry together and I was not impressed with any of their routines, they were boring. They never seemed to improve each week.
    I suspect that this week, with the judges choosing the music, Bruce and Tai will have to skate to something fast and the others to something slow and lyrical in order to switch things up from just the dynamics you have described.

I think that will be challenging for everybody.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post

Dave and Nancy were their usual uncharismatic selves. Finally they are gone.It is my earnest hope that neither one of them ever appear on television again.
    Unfortunately you won't get your wish. Nancy is doing Olympic skating commentary for (I think) Entertainment Tonight for the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-09-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: removed off topic comments about skaters not in this show
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Unfortunately you won't get your wish. Nancy is doing Olympic skating commentary for (I think) Entertainment Tonight for the next couple of weeks.
    As Nancy K said in a different context: WHY? WHY? WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I will paraphrase, WHY US? WHY US?

The networks just love to torture their audience. What moron executive thought that Nancy Kerrigan has any charisma or charm that a viewing audience would want to watch. There are far too many drugs in the industry effecting network execs minds. I wonder if Tonya Harding had anything to do with it just to embarass Nancy on a nationwide scale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234