+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Hi everyone,

I know this may sound crazy but I have searched everywhere for that song that kristy and lloyd skated to tonight 2/6/06. Does anybody know what song that was, I think it was Leann Rimes' voice but really dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I'm really surprised Carrie Underwood's song is being used for their routine. This was the American Idol specific song, not one on her album so I'm surprised FOX is letting it be played on an ABC show.
    Was it on ABC where you live? In my area, it's on FOX, so there wouldn't be any conflict. They were showing AI commercials throughout Skating with Celebs.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Even at 55 and with "bad" knees Bruce is a great athlete.
    Yeah. I have to take back what I said about him being too old to stand up to the rigours of pairs skating.

I'm sure glad he didn't kill Tai tonight when they went off the ice. It was amazing the way she handled that.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey
    If you think John Zimmerman is cute you should check for a copy of him on Queer Eye he is in his undies a lot on it .

I watched this show for the first time last night and I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out. The celebrities looked really goo with the skaters and they all seemed to be really trying hard and taking the competition seriously.

I loved Kristy and her partner's skate. They had a great song and seemed to be really fun. I don't know if it was because they were the first skaters but I thought they were wonderful and really had great chemistry together.

I did not feel the connection with Jillian and her partner, although I thought he was really hot! She seemed to be pushing too hard, like she was really trying too hard. They didn't seem to be having as much fun as the other pairs.

I missed Dave and Nancy because I flipped it over to see what was going on with 7th Heaven.

Tai and Bruce seemed to have a lot of love for each other. They seemed to really care about each other in the ways their eyes connected. When they went up on the stage I had to double check, because I couldn't understand why she seemed to be running all of a sudden. That said, his knees look so bad. I felt in pain just watching him.

Can't wait to see next week. I would assume that we would see a Kristy/Jillian final. Although I love Bruce, I don't see him performing as well.

I would have to say that it has to be much harder to be a male celebrity trying to skate pairs than a female celebrity. So I don't know how fair this competition is. Granted the first 2 pairs skated much better. But if you're not afraid of heights and can be picked up and twirled around that has to be easier than being the celeb. man and trying to pick someone up on ice.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Wow.....Kristy really stepped it up this week. She did a great job. Loved the performance.

Jillian is pushing too hard. She is risking a serious injury if she keeps this up. She was in the hospital with a rib injury already. I have to agree with the rest of you who say that it is hard to concentrate on her while her partner is on the ice. He is just so good looking

Tai and Bruce were terrific last night. They handled running out of ice beautifully. Good for him for giving it his all. They were so connected and drew the audience into their performance. You can tell that they care about one another.

I'm so thrilled Dave and Nancy are gone. Personally, I didn't like any of their routines.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    I would love to see a Kristy/Bruce final with Tai and Bruce winning it all. Bruce is doing great considering his knees are a mess, and I was glad he reminded John Nicks of that when JN was criticizing his stiffness.

I'm getting tired of Jillian. She's doing great but she's skating stupid. She should get a clue and listen to her body telling her that she's pushing too hard. I think John Nicks is harder on them because they set the bar so high for themselves in the beginning, and while they are still skating great, they are skating the same as they were in the beginning and are not showing the improvement that the other teams are.

I love watching Bruce and Tai, I think their choreography is a little better and they are skating in snyc with each other and really connecting. They are also taking their time and showcasing their skills unlike the other teams who are just jampacking their routines with as much stuff as possible to very loud music that I do not see a program but just trick after trick. I do think that Bruce/Tai are at a disadvantage competing with Kristy/Lloyd and Jillian/John cause with experienced men partners they can do the lifts required. Bruce is 20 yrs older than both of the other men, bad knees and what 7 wks skating experience, doesn't seem fair.

I am so glad Nancy/Dave are gone, they had no chemistry together and I was not impressed with any of their routines, they were boring. They never seemed to improve each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahma View Post
    Hi everyone,

I know this may sound crazy but I have searched everywhere for that song that kristy and lloyd skated to tonight 2/6/06. Does anybody know what song that was, I think it was Leann Rimes' voice but really dont know.
    Kristy and Lloyd skated to Tal Bachman - She's So High. Tai and Bruce apparently skated to a Carrie Underwood song (though I did not recognize it), and Jillian and John skated to Pink (I think I got these right - someone correct me otherwise ).

And I have a question for the forters - is there a "prize" for winning this competition?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    I would have to say that it has to be much harder to be a male celebrity trying to skate pairs than a female celebrity. So I don't know how fair this competition is. Granted the first 2 pairs skated much better. But if you're not afraid of heights and can be picked up and twirled around that has to be easier than being the celeb. man and trying to pick someone up on ice.
    I agree. The male pros can put a lift or two in the routine to jazz it up. These people know what they are doing on skates so if I was a female celebrity I would certainly be more comfortable having one of the pro males lift me up on the ice than one of the male celebrities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast