+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

MRD
    I thought Kristy and Lloyd should have gone home. Big mistakes in their act tonight. 2 of them, her fall and him planting her face in the ice.

Plus she irritates me whining about practicing. I said to my husband last week and this week that it really shows who the atheletes are. Last week, Bruce practiced for HOURS by himself. This week he looked great, but as a decathalon gold medalist, he's used to putting in long grueling hours of practice and training and its showing this week with his performance.

Kristy on the other hand has complained about how hard it is, etc.

I think people that have the drive and commitment to put in long, hard hours training physically for sports competitions have an edge. Whether they are training as swimmers, skaters, track and field, skiers, whatever. You can't get to the Olympics with practicing 1-2 hours per day. That kind of drive and discipline to put in that much time practicing something show out in all areas of their lives, but especially in competition.

I think Jenner hands down has more of what it takes than Kristy. And I think Debbie or Deborah had it this week too and should have stayed.

I detest Nick. He's not even entertaining. At least Simon on Idol and Len on Dancing with the stars are entertaining with their critiques. Nick is just a grumpy old fart. It's a show on tv, not the World Championships or the Olympics, so loosen up Sir Nick.
    The other male judge is hysterical, but I didn't get the reference to provincetown he made to Dave in his drag costume.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    This show is so boring. It is nothing compared to Dancing with the stars in my opinion. John and Jillian are clearly the dominant team and the judges are so harsh on them.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7 View Post
    This show is so boring. It is nothing compared to Dancing with the stars in my opinion. John and Jillian are clearly the dominant team and the judges are so harsh on them.
    Well you are right. I sat and made greeting cards tonight while it was on. Tell me how much I saw doing that? But I saw enough. At least making the cards kept me from falling asleep during the really boring parts. Still there is NOTHING on at 8 on Mon. right now I'm interested in, so until 2 1/2 Men comes on at 9, this is filler.

Hey, did OUt of Practice get cancelled? Anyone know? I must have been the only fan. I LOVED that show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I thought Kristy and Lloyd should have gone home. Big mistakes in their act tonight. 2 of them, her fall and him planting her face in the ice.

Plus she irritates me whining about practicing. I said to my husband last week and this week that it really shows who the atheletes are. Last week, Bruce practiced for HOURS by himself. This week he looked great, but as a decathalon gold medalist, he's used to putting in long grueling hours of practice and training and its showing this week with his performance.

Kristy on the other hand has complained about how hard it is, etc.

I think people that have the drive and commitment to put in long, hard hours training physically for sports competitions have an edge. Whether they are training as swimmers, skaters, track and field, skiers, whatever. You can't get to the Olympics with practicing 1-2 hours per day. That kind of drive and discipline to put in that much time practicing something show out in all areas of their lives, but especially in competition.

I think Jenner hands down has more of what it takes than Kristy. And I think Debbie or Deborah had it this week too and should have stayed.

I detest Nick. He's not even entertaining. At least Simon on Idol and Len on Dancing with the stars are entertaining with their critiques. Nick is just a grumpy old fart. It's a show on tv, not the World Championships or the Olympics, so loosen up Sir Nick.
    The other male judge is hysterical, but I didn't get the reference to provincetown he made to Dave in his drag costume.
    Interesting observations about the training Rosiedog.

Provincetown is the main vacation spot/place to live for gays in Massachussetts. From the way he said it, that judge is apparently gay and thought he would tease Dave about being in drag. I thought it was pretty funny, and Dave seemed to think it was funny, too.

I forgot this was on and missed the first two performances. It sounds like Bruce did pretty well. Was Jillian just so-so, or did she look good?

I wish I were in the Eastern or Central time zones. You guys seem to have such a good time discussing things together as they're airing. Majorly jealous here, but I guess I can cope. (Big sigh)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Don't they have to pay rights whether the original artists are used or not? I think that anytime a song is played whether by original artists or others, they have to pay a royalty. I may be wrong, but.....
    I'm sure they must, but it was the only excuse I could think of to explain the poor music decision. Live isn't better in this case.

Dorothy has a very boney chest and plunging necklines are a bad fashion choice for her. I agree about Nick. Dorothy needs to reach over and pull out that stick he has up his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post

I forgot this was on and missed the first two performances. It sounds like Bruce did pretty well. Was Jillian just so-so, or did she look good?

I wish I were in the Eastern or Central time zones. You guys seem to have such a good time discussing things together as they're airing. Majorly jealous here, but I guess I can cope. (Big sigh)
    Meee, too!

A few thoughts:

Jillian looked less comfortable - trying too hard, maybe? Not as good as the previous routines.

All the couples looked much improved.

I wasn't surprised at Kurt and Deborah being eliminated, but thought the scores would have been much closer. They seemed to skate well together, for neither having pairs skating experience.

I was not at all impressed with Kristy's "I have nothing to say." when she thought she was eliminated. Lloyd was obviously relieved when he figured it out.

Personally, I enjoyed the entire show. I luv when Bruce and Tai are on. partly because they are the oldest couple and I am very impressed how Bruce is trying and improving every week. They also move together very well and do justice to the choreaography.

By no means are the ladies fat but I guess the reall figure skaters must be tiny, cause the offits that some wore were not flattering. Kristy actually looked fat in all that sparkly shiny stuff.

Who I don't understand is Dave Coulier and Nancy Kerrigan. I don't think they have any chemistry at all and Nancy touched the ice yesterday and no one said a word. I think Debbie G should be given a lot more credit because she is coming in as a total non skater and has done quite well especially compared to Dave C. I do think that Debbie's speech when she was eliminated was very well done and speaks alot for her character.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I'm sure they must, but it was the only excuse I could think of to explain the poor music decision. Live isn't better in this case.

Dorothy has a very boney chest and plunging necklines are a bad fashion choice for her. I agree about Nick. Dorothy needs to reach over and pull out that stick he has up his butt.
    My mother complained about the same thing...she said if she was gonna wear something like that then she needed to get a good push up bra to at least make her look like she has some ample cleavage!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I was disappointed in Kurt and Debbie's leaving. Kurt did struggle with one of the lifts, but he didnt drop her--which should be a big no-no. Debbie was so into skating she wants to continue, which shows real interest in all this.
    I thought it was odd that nobody said much about Kirsty's injury. She was bleeding and it was almost ignored. I noticed from the first show that Lloyd was having a hard time lifting his partner, so I wasnt too surprised to see him let her get too low so that she got cut.
    The music was fun, costumes awful--sure wish we at home could vote.

Premium Member
    It looked like all Kristy did was open up the same wound again. She had the same thing happen in practice, they showed a cut/scrape on the same part of her chin. Facial cuts bleed like crazy compared to other parts of the body, that cut on her chin was nowhere near as serious as it looked. Still, somebody should have given her something to cover it with and get it to stop bleeding. It just shows how dangerous this sport is, that could have been a LOT worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast