+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What were the qualifications to be picked?

What were the qualifications to be picked?

I was wondering how they picked the celebrities. Did they ask random people or did they pick people with skating experience? I think by far, Jillian is the most experienced celebrity.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac View Post
    I was wondering how they picked the celebrities. Did they ask random people or did they pick people with skating experience? I think by far, Jillian is the most experienced celebrity.
    They used whatever rules the producers of "The Surreal Life" use.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    I was wondering about that too. Ice skating's not like ballroom dancing. I mean all the Dance competitors already know how to walk and do pretty much all the stuff you do in ballroom, except maybe the lifts, before they started. They just have to learn how to do it more gracefully and learn the sequences. It hardly seems fair to pit someone like Jillian, who learned to skate as a kid, with someone who never had skates on till a month agol.

And how fair is it to put a novice skater like D. Gibson with a relatively short, small singles skater and ask them to compete with experienced pair skaters like L. Eisler?

I think maybe they let Barberie compete just so the first couple of nights wouldn't totally look like reruns of those old shows where Lucy Ricardo finagles her way into Ricky's cabaret act and screws it all up.

Come to think of it, that might have been fun to watch, tho!

FORT Fanatic
    a pulse

I would imagine that the agents got wind of this show and pushed for their client.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread