+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 1/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Burn This View Post
    Debra Gibson is so competitive I'm worried she's going to hire Jeff Gillooly. Watch those knees girls!
    Good one! Although Jillian also seems rather competitive - she may have beaten Deb and put out a contract already!!

The novice skaters did seem to improve, but unfortunately there is not enough time for them to learn how to skate like someone who has been skating for years. I wonder how much time there was between episodes. They said that Deborah Gibson and Kurt Browning flew back to Kurt's training facility in Canada. I know LA isn't the skating capital of the world, but are there no training facilities any closer?
    It's painful seeing people try so hard and then get savaged by the judges because they aren't as good as Jillian and John. I was almost hoping that Deborah and Kurt would be sent home because they are really the only thing keeping me watching. (I did like seeing Dorothy Hamill again, but since she is not skating, it's not enough to keep me watching week after week).

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar

In honor of Todd's DISgraceful exit

ICE GYMNASTICS - THE ART OF FALLING (New Sport? )

Premium Member
    Debra Gibson is so competitive I'm worried she's going to hire Jeff Gillooly. Watch those knees girls!
    Deborah? Are you sure you've got the right girl? Jillian is the one who acts like she is out for blood and is willing to risk injury to win. Deborah just got bit by the skating bug and has discovered she really loves it, so she wants to work hard and do well.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Todd did MUCH better this time around, but unfortunately he had a little spill.

Monday is its permanent spot. The promos didn't do a good job of letting people know that last Wednesday was just a special showing.

Damn, I missed it, too! I thought it was on tomorrow. How'd John do? Oh yeah, and Jillian?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    They said that Deborah Gibson and Kurt Browning flew back to Kurt's training facility in Canada. I know LA isn't the skating capital of the world, but are there no training facilities any closer?
    ).
    I think they said Canada was chosen because Kurt wanted to be close to his family.

And as for the competitiveness issue, it was Deborah's partner who made the cat paw gesture (meow!) when discussing his partner's newly discovered killer instinct. I'm biased, though, since I've been watching Jillian on the morning news forever and see this as a chance for her to live out a childhood dream.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne View Post
    ICE GYMNASTICS - THE ART OF FALLING (New Sport? )

Ouch!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Premium Member
    I'm biased, though, since I've been watching Jillian on the morning news forever and see this as a chance for her to live out a childhood dream.
    That is totally understandable if this is Jillian's childhood dream. I can relate to the rush that comes with being able to get on the ice and actually do things. Deborah is just finding that out. Of course they should be competitive, it's a competition after all. I was just taken aback by the comment upthread about "hiring Jeff Gillooly". That was a little extreme and I think a bit inappropriate to joke about that, especially when Nancy is a part of the competition.

There are adult level competitions that Jillian could participate in (if she can retrieve "eligible" status - having to do with skating in events not sanctioned by the USFSA, the national skating regulatory body). There's even an Adult Nationals. I did that the year before I started having kids, and it was a blast. The adults are every bit as competitive as the kids, if usually more mature about it.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I really enjoyed seeing Todd and Jenni skate together.

They both seem like super nice people.

I could absolutely tell the work Todd put in to this from last week, and for somebody who barely (apparently) knew which end of a skate was up, he was SO much improved from last week, and I enjoyed seeing that.

However, Todd --- though MUCH improved --- really should have been gone at the end of this show.

The judges were right.

Don't care at all for John Nicks, though.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread