+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    Jillian's just blocking the view.
    That's pretty darn suitable, jasmar.

The Blues Brothers routine was such fun. I'm loving how these skaters are putting their personalities into their performances. I will definitely tune in again next Monday.
    Last edited by roseskid; 01-19-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I must admit I was laughing during Bruce and Tai's routine. Not laughing at them but in amazement that at what age 55/56 Bruce Jenner did what he did. I was touched by this performance and thought they deserved much better than to be barely higher than Debbie Gibson's team. All Debbie did was stand around and be pushed or pulled by her partner. Bruce did 2 jumps. After that score the judging definitly went down hill. Kristen Swenson and her partner deserved to be in first or second place. I think the judges are screwed. No way no how did Todd Bridges do better. The fix is in.

I saw it (on tape at least). I yawned.

It's not even snarkworthy. I may give it one more shot... but I'm unsure.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Oh my Lord, I can't believe it. I actually had fun watching this tonight! Scott Hamilton's squeaky and shrill hosting had me thinking he ought not quit his day job though.

Jillian & Hunky Guy Everyone's drooling over was clearly the best of the night. Even though most of you seem allergic to Jillian, I happen to love her, and I think she looked gorgeous in that costume.

The routines I found most entertaining: Dave & Nancy's "Blue's Brother Routine" and Todd & Whatserface's "Wild Wild West" (yes, even though it was technically clumsy, I loved Todd's energy and the whole thing was just fun).

I missed Debbie Gibson's so I can't comment on that, but the old guy's routine was...well, I was laughing at how gingerly he seemed to take every jump. I guess having bad knees would explain that. I'm guessing his segment's sponsored by...Celebrex?

I like Kristy/Ol' Buffy, and it's nice to see her again. Her physique is a wee bit thicker than your average skaters, so I wonder if that had anything to do with some of the awkwardness of her routine. As much I like Kristy, I'm thinking she'll be one of the early elims.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

For the person who asked....this show was taped months ago. I had tickets to the finale, but was not able to attend.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I thought this whole show was a little 'meh'. I might give it one more chance next Monday - as long as it doesn't conflict with Medium

I like Jillian the best by far, but it seems a bit unfair that she has previous skating experience. She is clearly much more comfortable with skating than any other contestant (except maybe Dave).

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    I liked the show. I found myself laughing out loud at it - my partner did as well.

and skating is hard! some of those falls they took in practice looked bone crunching!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Premium Member
    I wish I could have been home last night to join in the discussion! I loved the show. I took skating lessons for 4 years in my 40's so I can totally appreciate how hard this was, and I was amazed by how well everyone skated considering they only had a month. I would be curious to know how much time they actually spend in training.

Deborah was pretty boring, she didn't really do much compared to the others. The routine was very cute though, and I always love to watch Kurt Browning. I think they were also at a disadvantage because he's a singles skater and not much bigger than her. I don't see them being able to pull off any throws or lifts.

I loved Tai and Bruce. Tai and Randy were my favorites back in the day, but I was so pleasantly surprised by Bruce. He seemed a little stiff but considering his age and his knees, I thought he was wonderful. Especially the waltz jumps. I loved doing waltz jumps but it probably took me a year before I could do them. I just hope Bruce doesn't hurt himself.

Kristy and Lloyd I thought were very good and I didn't get the low marks. Lloyd is a huge guy though, and Kristy almost looked too big for him.

Jillian and John were great. I'm glad they will be around longer just so I can keep watching John. Clearly, Jillian's past skating experience helped a lot, but she really needs to reign in the boobs. I think it would have been more fair to try and cast celebrities that were on an equal level of skating experience.

Jenni and Todd were awful. I love Jenni, but Todd sucked. I think their routine was a good pick to make the best of his skills, but I hate that kind of music so it was pretty painful to watch.

Nancy and Dave - Great routine, it was fun and they did a great job. I can't believe he ground off his toepicks! Sometimes they do get in the way but sometimes you need them.

I agree with whoever said that Dorothy is the "Paula" of the judges, and I also thought John Nicks was too much like Simon. He always looks crabby anyway.

[QUOTE=Marleybone;1743574]
    I loved Tai and Bruce. Tai and Randy were my favorites back in the day, but I was so pleasantly surprised by Bruce. He seemed a little stiff but considering his age and his knees, I thought he was wonderful. Especially the waltz jumps. Kristy and Lloyd I thought were very good and I didn't get the low marks. Lloyd is a huge guy though, and Kristy almost looked too big for him.

Clearly, Jillian's past skating experience helped a lot, but she really needs to reign in the boobs.
    Yes! I was on the edge of the couch, waiting for centrifugal force to take effect & turn their skate into an R-rated event!

I just hope that Nasty Kerrigan gets eliminated soon & goes away. Notice how she rarely smiles except when she's directly on camera. The rest of the time she has her usual "something stinks" face on.

Having been on skates 3 times in my adult life, I truly appreciate the ones who are learning this new. There's not a chance in the world I would be able to manage anything even half as competent as the non-skating celebrities. I don't get the judging though, are they being easier on the celebrities who didn't know how to skate previously? Because I thought some of the scores, like Todd's, were way high.

I wonder how many people will watch a competition where the audience doesn't get a vote?

+ Reply to Thread