+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I can't believe I'm here either. The best part is I've got my hubby watching it!
    It wasn't hard to get my husband to watch once I told him Dorothy Hamill was judging.

Though she's rather annoying, I'm glad Jillian can skate so that her partner will be around for awhile! Agree that he's not hard on the eyes at all...

Actually, most of the celebrities did much better than I was expecting considering the amount of time they've had to practice. The previews look like they all go on to even more daring moves - hope everyones bones remain intact!! And agree with earlier post - the music they do their routines to is way better than Dancing with Stars.

That was pretty fun. I think Jillian is a bit of a ringer, though. She clearly has way more figure skating experience than the rest of them. Looks like she has a dance background, too.

I'll be interested to see how Dave does in the next few weeks with his "toe-pick-less" skates.

I'll definitely be watching on Monday.

I agree with whomever it was above who was surprised that more people don't watch this show (and Dancing with the Stars) since they are skills that are really hard to learn in such a short time. Maybe it's just FORTers who don't watch, because Dancing with the Stars was rated very highly last summer, wasn't it? (I'm not as crazy about it this time around.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I am on the West Coast, and just watched Bruce and Tai, and they were great! I am loving this show...who would have thought.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

This is too much fun. However, that Bruce and Tai routine needed to come with a disclaimer. I almost choked to death over the Officer and a Gentleman cheese factor.

Mariner. I've never heard of this *star* Kristy before, but she seems to be good on her skates, with the exception of the teetering, that is. She definitely had times that she seemed very comfortable, though. I tried ice skating once, and I was a tragedy in the making. And that was just skating in a straight line.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I'm loving this show; it's fun! HOWEVER… I do not get the judging (and I used to be a skating judge, myself). After seeing the first three, they seem to be in reverse order. I guess Lloyd Eisler just can't get any respect.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

But Jillian, OTOH… those boobs are a hindrance in skating, gal. Just ask Tonya Harding.
    Token Christian.

Is it wrong that I just want them to let John skate without Jillian?

I wish I could come up with a suitably hilarious snarky answer for you, Mariner, but I'm too tired. Let's just go with … John Zimmerman!

Jillian's just blocking the view.
    Token Christian.

Woot! Let's just go with the tired and incapable of doing anything but drooling over John West Coast approach. As an aside, I'm really liking the Blues Brothers routine.

+ Reply to Thread