+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Eisler

Lloyd Eisler

Lloyd's partner is Kristy Swanson.

I loved watching him and his partner Isobel Brassuer[sp?] skate together at Wrold Championships and the Olympics. It should be interesting to see him as a teacher.

Premium Member
    He's a little scary but I loved watching him toss Isabelle around back when they were still skating. Pairs skaters have to be practically fearless.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I loved watching him and his partner Isobel Brassuer[sp?] skate together at Wrold Championships and the Olympics. It should be interesting to see him as a teacher.
    I loved him and his partner too..he was always one of my faves because he just doesn't look like your "typical" ice skater...his build made him look more like a linebacker for a football team!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I loved him and his partner too..he was always one of my faves because he just doesn't look like your "typical" ice skater...his build made him look more like a linebacker for a football team!
    He did have some lovely biceps. I think it was the Beauty and the Beast routine that I remember the most from that pair.

Premium Member
    I love the program where she's dressed like a man and he's in drag. He looked just hilarious.

Loved him and Isobel when they were skating. My favorite routine of their's was probably "Tears in Heaven" dedicated to her father I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Haylo View Post
    Loved him and Isobel when they were skating. My favorite routine of their's was probably "Tears in Heaven" dedicated to her father I believe.
    You're right.

Lloyd and Isabel were great. For them it was unfortunate that the other great team of their time was Goordeeva and Grinkow, who were amazing, and compared to them Lloyd and Isabel looked second class.

Lloyd never struck me as the "teacher type" so it will be interesting to see what/how he will do on this show.

K

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902 View Post
    You're right.

Lloyd and Isabel were great. For them it was unfortunate that the other great team of their time was Goordeeva and Grinkow, who were amazing, and compared to them Lloyd and Isabel looked second class.

Lloyd never struck me as the "teacher type" so it will be interesting to see what/how he will do on this show.

K
    ITA & I miss G&G so bad! I can't believe it's been 10 yrs since Grinkov's death. They are & will 4ever be the best pairs skaters in the world.

As for Lloyd I hope he doesnt give the finger to the judges ^^ remember 94 world pro championships? too funny He was obviously not happy w/ the marks. Isabellle & Lloyd finished 3rd in that competition w/ Bechke & Petrov (olympic pairs 92 silver) 2nd & G&G @ first place (88 & 94 pairs gold olympics). Man I loved that tape ^^
    Last edited by missologist; 01-17-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Ooh, Bechke & Petrov - my favorite obscure Russian pair! They spent some summers in Sun Valley (same place I made my Nancy Kerrigan and Scott Hamimlton observations), and they are the only pair I can think of who got better and better after they turned pro. Loved them!

I can't say the same about Lloyd and Isabel. She was a cutie, but his brutishness always turned me off. And, of course, G&G made them look like apes on skates.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast