+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Eisler

FORT Fogey
    Okay, here's my theory. It's pretty well established that Lloyd was for years in love with his pairs partner, Isabelle Brasseur. ... And, to my eye, anyway, he got married suspiciously soon and without a lot of history to it after Isabelle was married. I always wondered whether the marriage was mainly a rebound marriage, almost an I'll-show-you rebound marriage, on Lloyd's part. And now, here we are with him skating pairs with *another* woman who, unlike Isabelle for all those years, seems to be willing. ... So ... he goes for it, splitting from the ill-advised rebound marriage in the process. Kristy's not Kristy to him, she's Isabelle, just like he always wanted ...

Anyway, I don't like it one bit. I hate all this unconscious crap that grinds people to bits, and in this case two little kids are involved. ...I always did feel sad about his purportedly unrequited feelings for IB, though.

I read that Isabelle and Lloyd had a love affair but that it ended because they didn't want to see "that" much of each other. Are you sure he harbored an unrequited love for her? Where did you read that? I'm not challenging you. I'm just very curious.

If your theory is correct, I wonder if Kristy's and Lloyd's romance can sustain itself now that they aren't skating anymore. What do you think?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeop View Post
    I read that Isabelle and Lloyd had a love affair but that it ended because they didn't want to see "that" much of each other. Are you sure he harbored an unrequited love for her? Where did you read that? I'm not challenging you. I'm just very curious.

If your theory is correct, I wonder if Kristy's and Lloyd's romance can sustain itself now that they aren't skating anymore. What do you think?
    Well, I'm not sure about the stories. But I have heard a few people who vaguely knew them over the years report that Isabelle was the one who really broke things off and that he continued to have a thing for her, and I've also heard a skating commentator or two allude to this. ... If it's true, I am skeptical about the current situation. (well, I'm skeptical about the current situation anyway!)

Kristy Swanson, Lloyd Eisler Expect Baby

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?ne...8&affid=100055

Kristy Swanson, Lloyd Eisler Expect Baby
    Aug 7, 4:16 PM EST

The Associated Press

The winning couple from "Skating With Celebrities" are taking on a new challenge: parenthood.

Actress Kristy Swanson and Olympic skater Lloyd Eisler are expecting a baby on Valentine's Day, they announced Monday.

Swanson, 36, and Eisler, 43, met last summer on the Fox TV show. They won the competition and began dating in December, said their publicist, Cheryl Kagan.

It will be the first child for Swanson. Eisler has two sons, ages 8 months and 2 years.

Swanson's film credits include "Big Daddy" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." Eisler won bronze medals at the 1992 and 1994 Winter Olympics with skating partner Isabelle Brasseur.

FORT Newbie

The Lloyd we know

I am so disappointed about all the negative publicity that Lloyd has been getting lately. I just want to say that everyone makes mistakes and for celebrities they have absolutly no privacy and no one knows for sure if what is printed is fact. Personally I do not believe that Lloyd sent anything inappropriate to this 15 year old.

Here are the facts that I personally know about Lloyd. We met Lloyd and Isabelle in 1998 at "Dreams on Ice". My daughter (Crystal) was the 5000th wish child in Canada, Lloyd and Isabelle presented her with her computer at the show. Lloyd and Isabelle both exchanged e-mail addresses with my daughter Crystal and they said they would keep in touch. Throughout the years (until they retired) Lloyd and Isabelle preformed here once a year...Crystal recieved 5 front tickets each year and was guaranteed a visit after the show. Crystal has Lloyds personal e-mail address and they have had contact ever since. At no time has there ever been inappropriate messages ONLY positive and encouraging ones. Lloyd even e-mailed Crystal when his first son was born with pictues of Ethan. Over the years I have kept Lloyd informed of Crystal health status and will continue to do so. My daughter almost died last year and Lloyd was one of the first people I notified his words of encouragement was something Crystal needed and she recieved. Lloyd has been a great friend and has had a huge impact on my daughters well being for many years. Lloyd has always been a kind loving person, a wonderful friend and someone we can always count on. I dont know what we/Crystal would do without his support.

The bottom line is there are two sides to each story. Yes he married Marcia, but only the two of them know the real reason the marriage failed. Was it because of Kristy...not likely! Lloyd loves both his children and is a proud father, I do not believe for one second that he would just throw it all away for an afair. What ever the reasons were is none of my business and if he wasnt a celebrity no one would care that he and his wife separated and he is starting a relationship with another woman. From the looks of the tablods even if he and Marcia were separated for a long length of time...he still would have been critisized. The side of Lloyd that we are seeing slandered is not the Lloyd we know and love. As his friends we will stand behind him 100%.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Lloyd we know

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl6868;2113140;
    I am so disappointed about all the negative publicity that Lloyd has been getting lately. I just want to say that everyone makes mistakes and for celebrities they have absolutly no privacy and no one knows for sure if what is printed is fact. Personally I do not believe that Lloyd sent anything inappropriate to this 15 year old.

Here are the facts that I personally know about Lloyd. We met Lloyd and Isabelle in 1998 at "Dreams on Ice". My daughter (Crystal) was the 5000th wish child in Canada, Lloyd and Isabelle presented her with her computer at the show. Lloyd and Isabelle both exchanged e-mail addresses with my daughter Crystal and they said they would keep in touch. Throughout the years (until they retired) Lloyd and Isabelle preformed here once a year...Crystal recieved 5 front tickets each year and was guaranteed a visit after the show. Crystal has Lloyds personal e-mail address and they have had contact ever since. At no time has there ever been inappropriate messages ONLY positive and encouraging ones. Lloyd even e-mailed Crystal when his first son was born with pictues of Ethan. Over the years I have kept Lloyd informed of Crystal health status and will continue to do so. My daughter almost died last year and Lloyd was one of the first people I notified his words of encouragement was something Crystal needed and she recieved. Lloyd has been a great friend and has had a huge impact on my daughters well being for many years. Lloyd has always been a kind loving person, a wonderful friend and someone we can always count on. I dont know what we/Crystal would do without his support.

The bottom line is there are two sides to each story. Yes he married Marcia, but only the two of them know the real reason the marriage failed. Was it because of Kristy...not likely! Lloyd loves both his children and is a proud father, I do not believe for one second that he would just throw it all away for an afair. What ever the reasons were is none of my business and if he wasnt a celebrity no one would care that he and his wife separated and he is starting a relationship with another woman. From the looks of the tablods even if he and Marcia were separated for a long length of time...he still would have been critisized. The side of Lloyd that we are seeing slandered is not the Lloyd we know and love. As his friends we will stand behind him 100%.

YOu can be the nicest guy in the world in other ways, but if you get a girlfriend while your wife is pregnant, you don't look very good. And it's the getting the girlfriend -- in a very public way, on network television -- that the whole world saw. That's the bottom line, I'd say. It's hard to say what people would say about him had he been separated from his wife for a long time or if she hadn't been pregnant. I don't see why it wouldn't have been quite different. He was married and he hooked up with Kristy S. on the television show while his wife was pregnant. Otherwise, he might be a saint. The trouble is, hardly anybody knows that "otherwise," while everybody knows the first part.

Re: Lloyd Eisler

Kristy Swanson arrested in altercation - Yahoo! News
    Kristy Swanson arrested in altercation

Mon Jun 18, 10:47 AM ET

LOS ANGELES -
    Kristy Swanson pressed assault charges Sunday against the ex-wife of her companion and former "Skating With Celebrities" partner, Lloyd Eisler, the actress' representative said.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Police took pictures of bruises on her back and other parts of her body to document injuries Swanson claimed she got during a scuffle with Eisler's ex-wife, Marcia O'Brien, on Friday in Canada, said Swanson spokesman Michael Sands.

O'Brien filed a complaint against Swanson first, however. Swanson told People magazine she was arrested Saturday night for allegedly assaulting O'Brien. Swanson, 37, said she was released after posting bail in Kingston, Ontario.

"I had to go the police station where I had an appointment at 9 p.m. to begin the process of being arrested," People quoted her saying on its Web site Sunday.

Sands said Eisler and Swanson were in Kingston to visit Eisler's children and discuss custody with O'Brien.

Kingston Police Sgt. Rick LaBrash declined comment. Attempts to reach O'Brien weren't successful.

Eisler, 44, a former world champion pairs skater, and Swanson met in 2006 while filming "Skating With Celebrities," News Corp.'s Fox network reality series. Eisler left his wife for Swanson, whose film credits include "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."
    What's next? Jerry Springer?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LG.

good lord, grown women fighting over Lloyd Eisler. What has this world come to?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I know LG. I mean, John Zimmerman, I could understand, but Lloyd Eisler? It's a world gone mad!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2444083;
    I know LG. I mean, John Zimmerman, I could understand, but Lloyd Eisler? It's a world gone mad!
    Exactly. Lloyd Eisler isn't exactly drool-worthy.

"I had to go the police station where I had an appointment at 9 p.m. to begin the process of being arrested," People quoted her saying on its Web site Sunday.
    Seriously. Who makes an appointment to be arrested?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast