+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Eisler

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I think the timing of this big "scandal" is really strange. It all happened several months ago (the wife deserting part, at least). Why is it suddenly big news now?
    Maybe because they were so cuddly during the last show I know that I never thought anything was up with them until the last show and then thought "Wow, somethings going on with them!" Then a few days later I hear of the affair and it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Maybe because they were so cuddly during the last show I know that I never thought anything was up with them until the last show and then thought "Wow, somethings going on with them!" Then a few days later I hear of the affair and it makes sense.
    Yeah, I think that for us as viewers that makes sense.

I'm just wondering if the tabloids knew about it a while ago and didn't consider it news until the show made it more newsworthy.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Beating a dead horse

Skating Scandal: Lloyd & Kristy's Affair

Thursday Feb 23, 2006 8:10am EST

Kristy Swanson and Lloyd Eisler
    CREDIT: ZACH LIPP / ADMEDIA

Last spring, Skating with Celebrities star Lloyd Eisler and his wife, Marcia, were happily anticipating the arrival of their second child, with observers describing them as "such a great couple."

That was then. Now Eisler, the former World Champion pairs skater, is with Kristy Swanson, the actress he partnered with on FOX's Skating with Celebrities.

As reported in PEOPLE's new issue, the 42-year-old Eisler – currently separated from the mother of his two children (Seth, 10 weeks, and older brother Ethan, 21 months) – is now openly dating the former Playboy playmate, 36, best known for starring in the 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Says their Skating competitor Bruce Jenner, who saw them at a recent press event: "They seem to be very happy."

According to one source on the set of the show (which premiered in January but taped in the fall), the pair's away-from-the-rink relationship was an open secret: "Everyone knew there was something going on. It was obvious they were together."

Well, not to everyone. "I just noticed that they got really good (at skating)," Jenner tells PEOPLE. "I never knew anything until I saw it on the news."

As for Marcia, 31, who visited the L.A. set last fall, she "felt a vibe that things weren't normal," says a friend of Eisler's. Still, Marcia's suspicions weren't confirmed until, she claimed, Swanson forwarded her an e-mail that Eisler had sent her. (Neither Swanson nor Eisler will comment on either the e-mail or their relationship except to say that Eisler's marriage was over before he started seeing Swanson.)

Marcia confronted her husband, and on Nov. 5, Eisler moved out of his and Marcia's home in tiny Bath, Ont. (population 1,000), to an apartment in Kingston, 15 miles away. "We became officially separated Nov. 30," says Marcia, who gave birth to Seth two weeks later.

Although the couple have yet to get a divorce, she's already gone back to her maiden name, Marcia O'Brien, and she's also changed the children's last names to hers.

www.people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1162293,00.html?cid=em ail|peopledaily|20060223|11622 93

(Neither Swanson nor Eisler will comment on either the e-mail or their relationship except to say that Eisler's marriage was over before he started seeing Swanson.)
    I wonder if he had informed his wife of this fact. She seemed to know nothing about it.

Sorry, I still think he's a sleaze. And Kristy is no better. End one thing before you begin another!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Well this would certainly explain why they have had better chemistry lately.

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    I'm still glad they are in the finals. Jillian B. started out with a huge advantage over Kristy because she had been ice skating for many years. I am very impressed with how far Kristy and Lloyd have come as a team, especially Kristy's improvement, after they almost got eliminated in the first round.
    Also Jillian has a long history of being a smart-mouth beyotch! He he.

Wow, I stopped watching this show/lost interest until someone I knew mentioned the news of Lloyd's affair this weekend in conversation. I thought no way this could be true, so I came here to check, and I'm quite stunned and dismayed.

But like someone else mentioned, the timing of this news breaking is awfully convenient! What a handy reminder to tune into the finale. FOX couldn't have asked for better publicity...or did they? [ paranoid]
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Enya Windo View Post
    I'm still glad they are in the finals. Jillian B. started out with a huge advantage over Kristy because she had been ice skating for many years. I am very impressed with how far Kristy and Lloyd have come as a team, especially Kristy's improvement, after they almost got eliminated in the first round.
    Also Jillian has a long history of being a smart-mouth beyotch! He he.
    I don't know this for fact, but I think from all the stuff I read in the threads and on the web, Jillian and Kristy had about the same skating experience when they were kids.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I have a question in regard to Lloyd's children. I know I've read recent articles from his (soon-to-be) ex wife and she indicated that she had went back to her maiden name and that she had changed the children's last name to her maiden name. My question is....does the father of the children have to sign something indicating they are "allowing" the children's last names to be changed or is that something she can go to her attorney and have him file at the courthouse without the fathers acknowledgment or approval??? I don't know why that has been bugging me but it has.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I have a question in regard to Lloyd's children. I know I've read recent articles from his (soon-to-be) ex wife and she indicated that she had went back to her maiden name and that she had changed the children's last name to her maiden name. My question is....does the father of the children have to sign something indicating they are "allowing" the children's last names to be changed or is that something she can go to her attorney and have him file at the courthouse without the fathers acknowledgment or approval??? I don't know why that has been bugging me but it has.......
    You know, I was wondering about this myself... Since they're still legally married, you'd think both would have to consent to the name change. Maybe it was OK by Lloyd? Although most men are pretty territorial about their children having THEIR last names...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast