+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Eisler

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Somehow I have trouble believing that.
    Trouble believing that he's hot & heavy with Kristy or that it started after his seperation from his girlfriend/wife?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Access Hollywood is covering the story, too.

I'm so disappointed in Lloyd. His wife is better off without him, then.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Trouble believing that he's hot & heavy with Kristy or that it started after his seperation from his girlfriend/wife?
    I don't believe it started after his separation....I'm sure it was the cause of it. Guess I should make myself more clear.

What a pig Lloyd is.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I don't know, maybe he is a pig, but I don't things are ever simple in these situations. We have NO idea what his relationship was like with his wife. Of course she's going to come off like the victim, regardless of whether she thought they were happily married or if they fought like crazy 24/7. Yes, he was married and should not have gotten involved with another woman, but I doubt it's all black and white.

It was obvious this past week that there is something more than a brother sister thing between Kristy and Lloyd. When they acted on their feelings is something we don't know. Nor is it anyone else's business.

I don't think it's right to have an affair, but I don't think it's my right to judge him for it (especially since I don't know him and am certainly not married to him!). We don't know the circumstances (and probably never will). There are many shades of gray between "happily married" and "divorced." If he was truly happily married, Kristy wouldn't have been a factor. JMHO

I'll still be rooting for them in the finale. They've shown much more growth than Jillian and John (no matter how hot I think he is! ). Plus, Kristy is one brave chick to try some of those spins and lifts.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie
    Last week, The Whig reported he had resigned from his volunteer position as an athlete liaison with the Canadian Olympic Committee, just days before he was to fly to the Olympic Winter Games in Turin, Italy.

He said in an interview at the time he quit due to “contractual obligations” related to helping with the promotion of Skating With Celebrities.

In December, Eisler quit as director of an elite local skating group that he had helped launch in 2004 to much fanfare.

He said he’s still doing some coaching for the Skaters High Achievement Readiness Program, which exists under the umbrella of the West Kingston Skating Club, but is no longer in the leadership role.

When asked in January why he had left the directorship, he declined to comment.

farmstrong@thewhig.com

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    There are many shades of gray between "happily married" and "divorced." If he was truly happily married, Kristy wouldn't have been a factor. JMHO
    I am in complete agreement with this and would never presume to judge a relationship that I am not personally familiar with.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

What I find a bit egregious in this situation is the fact that Kristi apparently forwarded to the wife a racy email that she had received from Lloyd. Ummm... what exactly was Kristi hoping to gain from that? That tells me that Kristi was trying to put that final wedge between a married couple. I would think that that would have also been a negative in Lloyd's eyes, but....

Of course I can only speculate, but that's just one thing that struck me a little funny about this story.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I am in complete agreement with this and would never presume to judge a relationship that I am not personally familiar with.
    Oh I would, especially when it's "celebrities" involved.

I'm not a believer that people should remain in marriages when it's unhealthy for them and makes them truly, truly unhappy...but I also believe there's a right way to do things. Unhappy and want to get out of your marriage? How about getting DIVORCED first before hooking up with a D list actress?

When Olivia Newton-John and her husband were having problems in their marriage, they were headed for divorce (and eventually did). But he stayed with her during her cancer treatments and was there to support her.

There was this line from "L.A. Law" a millions years ago that had this gist--the difference between adults and children is that adults should know better and think before they take action.

It's not a matter of who comes across more sympathetically or as the "victim." It's a matter of maturity and common human decency. Lloyd has shown that he's as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside.

This makes John Zimmerman and his love for his wife even more attractive. (And yes, if he leaves his pregnant wife for anyone, he's a pig, too.)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

'Skating' With A Scandal

Scott Hamilton said it best, Johnny Weir put on a dazzling performance on the Olympic ice, good enough for second place going into the final skate.

But despite that good news, the skating world was rocked by a new scandal, one that rivals the golden era of Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan.

But most importantly, this scandal has absolutely nothing to do with the current Olympic games.

"Skating With Celebrities" star Kristy Swanson (of "Buffy the Vampire" fame) is accused of breaking up the marriage of her partner -- two-time Olympic medal winner Lloyd Eisler and his then-pregnant wife.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/enter...84/detail.html
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In the numerous articles I've read, Lloyd's (ex)wife stated that they had separated before he went to LA to film SWTS, they were working on things trying to see if the marriage could be saved. These were her words (I think from a Globe&Mail article).
    Obviously, they couldn't save the marriage, but they had seperated before (but not before the final divorce/separation) Lloyd hooked up with Kristy.

It's sad, especially for the two little kids, but we don't know how things were in the Eisler household, so let's not put all the blame on Lloyd.

K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast