+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Zimmerman

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    One word.

DROOL!

Sarah Hughes' special today

Did anyone see this? John was skating with his regular partner (Kyoko Ina, I think) and she is teeny tiny. Jillian looks like a moose compared to her (and that's no slam on Jillian, who's got a rockin' bod). But it was great to see him skate with someone who was his equal...

I saw him in the Queer Eye program and he is a super cutie. Pretty face, gorgeous bod and madly in love with his wife. Doesn't get much better than that! Hope he and his partner win this. They are the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I saw him in the Queer Eye program and he is a super cutie. Pretty face, gorgeous bod and madly in love with his wife. Doesn't get much better than that! Hope he and his partner win this. They are the best so far.
    Speaking of cutie, is that your baby in the avatar? What a little doll!

I know, the only thing sexier about John would be if he was holding a baby. I'm a sucker for men with kids (GOOD men with kids I mean...).

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Speaking of cutie, is that your baby in the avatar? What a little doll!

I know, the only thing sexier about John would be if he was holding a baby. I'm a sucker for men with kids (GOOD men with kids I mean...).
    My avatar is my granddaughter, Kiana. Thank you, yes she is a doll and almost 2 now. She is an interesting mix of nationalities and races - Caucasion (Spanish, Portugese, English and Hungarian), Filipino, Chinese, Hawaiian, and Native American.

John Zimmerman and his wife have been married about a year now, but I understand she has been training for the Olympics this year, representing Italy. They will probably put off kids for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    My avatar is my granddaughter, Kiana. Thank you, yes she is a doll and almost 2 now. She is an interesting mix of nationalities and races - Caucasion (Spanish, Portugese, English and Hungarian), Filipino, Chinese, Hawaiian, and Native American.

John Zimmerman and his wife have been married about a year now, but I understand she has been training for the Olympics this year, representing Italy. They will probably put off kids for awhile.
    That's great to hear (about his wife). I'll have to watch for her during the Olympics. I can't wait for the Winter Games to start!

Your little Kiana is a beauty already! She's undoubtedly going to grow up to be even more beautiful than Kelly Hu.

Hey all,

I just wanted to come on here and formally hang my hat onto John Zimmerman's coatrack. metaphorically, that is. I am not a personal friend. I've been a Zimmermanhead since 95 when he first started skating with Stephanie Stiegler. I once heard that they almost began dating during their skating relationship, but then aborted the idea at the last minute. Do yuo think that it would have made the pair stronger or weaker on the ice if this had happened?

Is that photo pre- or post-QE makeover? He he he. It truly warms the heart to see a big, strapping farmboy type such as John embrace the ice and women with equal passion. How refreshing.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-05-2006 at 09:56 AM. Reason: deleted off topic content

Quote Originally Posted by hikari View Post
    John paired with teeny-tiny Japanese-American Kyoko Ina after Ina's partnership with Jason Dunjen ended (or fell apart, as the case may be) when Jason got involved romantically with home-grown Japanese Yuka Sato. Yuka had always skated singles, but oddly, turned to pairs skating with Dunjen, to whom she is now married.
    Yuka may not have made the switch out of jealousy. Her singles career was pretty much over, so she may have thought trying something new may have been worthwhile. Kyoko used to skate singles and pairs. So did Kristi Yamaguchi until about age 16, I think, before she decided that a singles career might be her best chance for a gold. Her partner Rudy Galindo was furious at first, but what can you do?

I know what you mean though--making the transition from one to the other isn't easy. Ekaterina Gordeeva used to float on the ice when she skated with Sergei Grinkov. But when she launched her solo career after his death, her skating was almost painful to watch. She was graceful and gorgeous on ice, but her leaps and jumps were stilted. She's gotten much, much better skating singles now...

So does this mean John and his wife will one day become pairs skaters? Hey, if he can throw Jillian, he can certainly throw his wife (whose name excapes me, mea culpa!).

And welcome to the board, J2Dap!

John married Silvia Fontana (no relation to Dennis Farina's character in L&O, :-)), a singles skater from Italy. She did well in the last Olympics--no medal, but she was 4th or 5th. I think it's so cute when skaters pair up for real. It probably is the best choice for a mate, since I don't know when they'd see each other otherwise. At least two skaters could tour together. I'm just wondering whether being married to one's on-ice partner (ie, 24/7 togetherness) might be a bit TOO much togetherness . . .
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-05-2006 at 10:00 AM. Reason: deleted off topic content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast