+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jillian Barberie

FORT Fanatic
    I like her, because she doesn't take herself seriously.

On one level I get her. She's trying to be the "fun" girl--the proto-feminist who flaunts her sexuality but also mocks it. She's like a bargain basement Jenny McCarthy--who is already irritating enough to fill this niche.

But if you've ever seen her on that FOX "Good Day" show, it's clear that she's just relentless with it. There's no more to her except for it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I predict jillian will have the longest thread.

I could not stand ms. barberie at first. used to watch good day live back in college - by default nothing else on during morning naptime. her constant yammering woke me many an A. M. (Don't you dare wonder why I didn't turn the tv off!)

the moment that soften my heart towards her. steve is doing a story about dizzy gillespie . on follows dorothy cooing about what a contribution he made to music, he's great. I LOVE HIM! blah blah. the same blanket gushing that she says about every freaking person. I'm thinking, I bet you didn't even know who he was yesterday. then cut to jillian "who?" she says. Ha! Fantastic.

Loved it. As a previous poster (too lazy and scroll back and see who) said, she is who she is. No pretention. and jman79, I did hear something about her battling depression.
    ]

FORT Fanatic
    Actually, I couldn't stand Jillian at first, and I agree she will have the longest thread. If you stay tuned to Jillian she grows on you, in a good way. She is actually a little controversial, but it is also what makes her interesting. She is who she is, and doesn't pretend to be something she isn't. She is not phony, and is the real deal. She talked about all the meds she was on a lot during "good day live" without hesitation, and doesn't mind talking about people like Jenna Jameson. Its what makes people entertaining.

FORT Fanatic
    I really love Jillian's personality, just had to state it again. She doesn't care what people think of her, and she is honest about herself.

Hope she does well !

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I think Jillian is hilarious. She was my fave on Good day Live.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I knew Jillian when she was known as Jillian Warry. She used to live very close to me. Used to watch her on the weather channel too. Looking forward to watching her.
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

LG.
    Is this show already taped, or is it being filmed as it airs? I'm wondering because I was watching football on Fox today and if this is the same person, she looked pregnant. Only Tom Cruise would think ice skating is a really safe activity for a pregnant woman, especially with all of the harsh falls they've shown on the previews for this show. Maybe it is already filmed and in the can - which I guess would mean no "live" audience voting.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Hmm, that's a good question, LG, I'm curious about that as well.

Anyway, I love Jillian Barberie. I used to get to school late watching her on Good Day L.A. (before it went national) back when it was unusual and refreshing to have a morning news show be so loose and snarky. I've even met her and she is super-duper fun and nice in person. I'll be rooting for her, for sure.

jman is right though, I do remember from those years of watching Good Day L.A. that she used to be a figure skater (and she was married to a hockey player right?), so does her familiarity with the ice give her an unfair advantage?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Hmm, that's a good question, LG, I'm curious about that as well.

Anyway, I love Jillian Barberie. I used to get to school late watching her on Good Day L.A. (before it went national) back when it was unusual and refreshing to have a morning news show be so loose and snarky. I've even met her and she is super-duper fun and nice in person. I'll be rooting for her, for sure.

jman is right though, I do remember from those years of watching Good Day L.A. that she used to be a figure skater (and she was married to a hockey player right?), so does her familiarity with the ice give her an unfair advantage?
    I think she was married to a baseball player...
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast