+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd Bridges

It's actually "salchow," named after originator of the jump, Ulrich Salchow.

Back to Todd Bridges, I read on a skating fan site that he was a fairly decent roller skater when he was young. If he was doing jumps and spins on rollers, the transition to ice probably wasn't too bad.

I also read over there that the "celebrities" had to pass some kind of skating test in order to be cast, and that quite a few bigger names were turned away because they didn't have enough skating skill.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    It's actually "salchow," named after originator of the jump, Ulrich Salchow.
    I always called it sow-cow! HA! That's funny!
    My apologies to Ulrich...but I dunno if I can get away from calling it sow-cow, especially now.. knowing how wrong it is!

Back to Todd Bridges, I read on a skating fan site that he was a fairly decent roller skater when he was young. If he was doing jumps and spins on rollers, the transition to ice probably wasn't too bad..
    Ya know..now that you say that, I kinda have a memory of seeing him on roller skates.
    I'm really interested in seeing how well he does...I just can't see him doing all that hot on ice skates.
    Watch, he'll win the whole shabang.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I always called it sow-cow! HA! That's funny!
    My apologies to Ulrich...but I dunno if I can get away from calling it sow-cow, especially now.. knowing how wrong it is!
    We've all done it. I was lucky to have a coach nice enough to spell it out for me (literally) when I was just getting started.

And I'm sure Ulrich doesn't mind, what with his career having been at its peak 100 years ago.
    Token Christian.

I hope he (for humor's sake) totally ghettos up his performance.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    I looooovvvvee Todd Bridges. The guy came from an extremely difficult childhood and totally turned his life around and has been on track for years and years. Look at his costars. the girl died and Arnold seems to be a very bitter person.

And, you gotta admit, he did pretty well for having only 4 weeks on the ice.

Mr. Bridges deserves huge kudos across the board.

I hope he keeps it up!!!

I thought he displayed a very good attitude towards the show and what was expected of him. Sure his skating was shaky and there were some near-misses but he hung with it and gave it his best. I wish him luck.

The performance was shaky, I agree MiaT2 and it was very entertaining. He had a really good sense of humor about it. It was fun watching him. He and Dave C. were my favorites.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I thought he displayed a very good attitude towards the show and what was expected of him. Sure his skating was shaky and there were some near-misses but he hung with it and gave it his best. I wish him luck.
    Exactly! Sure he sucked, but he had a great attitude and looked like he had fun with it. Unlike some people on a certain dancing show *cough*Master P*cough* who have a poor attitude and act like they'd rather be anywhere else...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I rather enjoyed him on the show. I tuned in to watch the stars fall and make goofs of themselves. Todd was the only one who truly looked like he could fall on his face at any moment!

I enjoyed watching Todd because not only was he having a good time, he was actually trying. Unlike Dave, who should have been able to do much more than he did, having skated most of his life (even if only on hockey skates). Dave gave the impression that he though the was too cool for this. I hope Todd and Jenni stay around longer than Dave and Nancy.
    Token Christian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast