+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deborah Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    MrDob, I do think she went on to do musicals and such.
    You are correct Lucy. I saw her in Grease a few years back.

As purile as Debbie Gibson's music was, I kind of admire her. She really meant to make a lifetime career of music, and when her pop star faded, rolled with the punches and was willing to get her hands dirty.

I love the quote from her on this page:
    "I've learned to have a sense of humor about myself. Lord knows everyone else does!"

I also recall hearing her on Howard Stern's show years ago, and that appearance really set my impression that she's a good egg, with real humility and a sense of humor about herself. My recollection is that she took everything Stern served, and lobbed it back without sounding ashamed, scattered or offended.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She also did Playboy. Her photo's are floating around the net.

Of Course her most famous gig was as American Juniors judge. I admit it, I watched it and enjoyed it
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lucy
    MrDob, I do think she went on to do musicals and such.

You are correct Lucy. I saw her in Grease a few years back.
    She was also in Beauty and the Beast I think in the past 18 months or so? I know it was Recent. If I recall she Played Belle.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    Of Course her most famous gig was as American Juniors judge. I admit it, I watched it and enjoyed it
    Me too

I was hoping they'd boot Paula and give Debbie the gig on the main show.
    Even though she made her comments pleasant so as not to upset the youngsters, she was still far more constructive than Paula has ever been imo.
    Until Unk mentioned it, I completely forgot I saw Debbie in Grease too years ago in London (with Craig MacLachlan, Aussie soap star).
    She was really pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    As purile as Debbie Gibson's music was, I kind of admire her. She really meant to make a lifetime career of music, and when her pop star faded, rolled with the punches and was willing to get her hands dirty.
    I agree, Krom. I don't much care for the style of music that made her famous, but I also admire that she actually wrote and arranged most or all of the hit songs she sang. She seems likeable and has made herself current in the music biz.

I always liked Debbie Gibson and still do. She seems like a very down to earth person who's able to laugh at herself.

I hope she does well, I like her.

I also saw her on American Juniors. (yes...I watched that too...lol)

Just reading this has stuck Only in My Dreams in my head.
    She has always seemed likeable, even though her music at the time was pretty bubble gum. I think that that image has hurt her from having any comeback, because those that remember her still think of her as that cute teenager. Anybody that doesn't remember her, won't care who she is.
    So I think that it is good that she has managed to move on, and far from being bitter about the music industry passing her by, has stayed positive.

I have a picture of my daughter (who is now 28) wearing a Debbie Gibson t-shirt I got her for Christmas around 1989. I'll have to find it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast