+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Hamilton - Host

I think I see where you're going with that, and I can understand that perception. He can be a little too comfy and conversational and might not take charge as much. But if this show is done like Dancing with the Stars he won't have much to say anyways... so here's hoping you'll like him.

I love how this show is set out!

Can't ait for it!
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Don't get me wrong. I know Scott is much beloved for good reason: he's a legend, an amazing skater, a sweetheart, etc. But my God, as a host, I'm not convinced. I just wanted to shoot some WD40 down his throat, as squeaky, shrieky and high-pitched as he was. And man was he animated. Like a Loony Toon on crystal.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love Scott. He's a man of such character and integrity. I remember watching him in a competition (it wasn't the Nationals) and during his skating routine he did a backflip. In the Kiss-N-Cry area he pulled one of the little girls who pick the flowers up off the ice onto his lap. When the scores came in from the judges and he got penalized for doing the backflip (something not allowed in competition) he told the little girl that the judges were right to take off points for that move. I've always loved the enery and enthusiam he put into his routines -- never taking himself too seriously.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

I agree with Snowflake Girl: he does need to bring it down a notch.
    But it's great to see him looking well.

I thought where Scott really excelled in his hosting duties was where he would have no problem interrupting the incessant babbling of the skaters and moving right into the judges comments. It was so refreshing to be spared the inanity of the contestants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12