+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skating With Celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate View Post
    oy - the commercials make it look so painful! lots of crashes, smashes and some blood!
    Seriously!

I was NOT going to watch this one, but the commercials showing nearly everyone dripping with blood (& the head-cracking falls) have lured me in.

Blood promos worked.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    From the network that gave you, The littlest Groom, Most Obnoxious grom/boss. FOX slithers out this trainwreck, what's next Bobsledding with Hooter Girls, WWE Celebrity Wrestling. FOX will scrape the bottom of the barrel to bring you the worst

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelotKnight View Post
    From the network that gave you, The littlest Groom, Most Obnoxious grom/boss. FOX slithers out this trainwreck, what's next Bobsledding with Hooter Girls, WWE Celebrity Wrestling. FOX will scrape the bottom of the barrel to bring you the worst
    They'll probably cancel it within 3 episodes anyway like the last two reality shows I attempted to watch on that network (American Idol notwithstanding).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CamelotKnight View Original

OH I hope so!!

They'll probably cancel it within 3 episodes anyway like the last two reality shows I attempted to watch on that network (American Idol notwithstanding).

OH! I hope not!! I'm REALLY looking forward to this series, especially since it's drawing out so much of the best of all of us!

None of the falls they've been showing look all that bad to me. I guess the celebs who have no prior skating experience could find them a little traumatic, but skaters fall all the time. Very early on, you: 1) learn to fall properly, and 2) get over it. And even if you do cut yourself, the ice is so cold that it does numb it. It usually doesn't really hurt much until later.

But having seen a few really bad falls, the ones they're showing are nothing.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Premium Member
    At least if they fall on their heads, there's a good chance the concussion will wipe out their memory and they can scrape down the ice to remove all the blood so they probably won't be traumatized by it. I speak from experience.

FORT Fanatic
    I'm rooting for:
    Debbie Gibson
    Jillian Barberie(I know some people can't stand her)

No opinion:
    Dave Coulier
    Kristy Swanson(have no clue who she is, and don't care)

Rooting against:
    Todd Bridges
    Bruce Jenner
    Nancy Kerrigan(even though she is a partner, still rooting against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    At least if they fall on their heads, there's a good chance the concussion will wipe out their memory and they can scrape down the ice to remove all the blood so they probably won't be traumatized by it. I speak from experience.

My worst fall cracked my tailbone and I couldn't walk without pain for a month. (no blood though… )
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post

My worst fall cracked my tailbone and I couldn't walk without pain for a month. (no blood though… )
    It took me forever to live that down. The rink manager was sitting with me before the ambulance got there and later he told me I asked him what happened about every 2 minutes. He said he finally told me that Tonya Harding had whacked me in the head with a crowbar and I said "Oh, ok". I heard stories like that for weeks. Seriously though, I wouldn't wish an injury like that on anybody and I hope nobody got seriously hurt in this show.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    This is going to be great. Can't wait It does have the possibilities for some major injuries though. Hope no one really gets hurt.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast