+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paris & Nicole's 'Simple' Reunion?

Paris & Nicole's 'Simple' Reunion?

Paris & Nicole's 'Simple' Reunion?

POSTED: 3:36 pm CDT July 12, 2005
    UPDATED: 1:19 pm CDT July 13, 2005

It could be a reunion -- if not a reconciliation -- for Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. The estranged best friends may team up for a fourth installment of their Fox reality show "The Simple Life," whether they like it or not, People magazine reported Tuesday.

The network has picked up the option on the pair's existing contracts for a fourth season of "Simple Life," according to sources close to the deal.

Planning is still in the early stages, but among the ideas being discussed internally in production would be to follow both Hilton and Richie as they prepare for their respective upcoming weddings and their subsequent lives as married women. (Hilton, 24, is engaged to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis, and Richie, 24, to deejay Adam Goldstein, who goes by the name DJ AM.)

Another possibility would be to shoot their reconciliation, should such a thing actually happen. But the main parties involved are nowhere near a final decision and have not discussed a start date.

When asked about plans for the show's next season, Hilton's rep told People: "No decisions have been made regarding 'The Simple Life 4.'"

As for the frayed friendship of the two "Simple"-tons, Hilton said in a statement last April: "It's no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that's all I'm ever going to say about it."

A source close to Hilton told People at the time that Richie was jealous of the media attention her blonder costar received and resented being left out of things such as Hilton's February hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live."

Meanwhile Richie's friends told People that tensions arose because she had grown out of her wild ways, quitting drinking and spending more time with fiancÚ Goldstein. "She just wants to be with Adam and get married," said one.

Either way, Hilton wasted no time lining up a new sidekick: equally blonde pal Kimberly Stewart, daughter of singer Rod Stewart. And Hilton wasn't shy about hinting that it may be a preview of things to come. "Kim is hysterical and crazy fun, and I love that about her," she said, admitting that she was lobbying to make Stewart her new costar.

Throughout the ordeal, Fox had no comment.

Copyright 2005 by NBC. All rights reser
    http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4714639/detail.html

Fox Renews Simple Life With Hilton, Richie

Fox Renews Simple Life With Hilton, Richie
    Friday July 29 3:18 PM ET

Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are stuck together for another season of "The Simple Life" even if they're not speaking to each other.

Fox announced Thursday that the network has picked up the options on the contracts for both of the feuding friends for the fourth season of the reality show. Aside from the public rift between Hilton and Richie, Fox sees other fodder for on-screen sparks.

"Given the fact that both Paris and Nicole are engaged and about to be married ... there's got to be something in that world," said Fox Entertainment President Peter Liguori according to AP Radio.

In April, Hilton issued a terse statement saying it was "no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that's all I'm ever going to say about it."

The hotel heiress gave no reason for the split. She also lobbied for Richie to be replaced by another friend of hers, Rod Stewart's 25-year-old daughter, Kimberly.

Liguori said he isn't sure what direction they'll be taking the show. In May, Hilton told The AP that the show may be headed to Hawaii because the network wanted to "sex it up."

Richie, the 23-year-old daughter of singer Lionel Richie, became engaged to club DJ Adam Goldstein in February. Hilton, 24, followed suit in late May with Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis.

An air date for "The Simple Life 4" has not yet been set.

___

On the Net:

http://www.fox.com/simplelife/
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050729/112267548000.html
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    I just hope that they will have enough sence not to replace Nicole with Kimberly!!!
    I think out of all celebrity kids she's the scariest.
    Reminds me a lot of Leatherface, but of course tanning will do that to ya!

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    I am excited though! lol i lvoe the show... but i wonder about hawaii>? ... lol but I think the Simple Life wouldnt be greast if they were forced and didnt even talk to each other; disfunctional! "Dont sign those contracts too soon girls!"

But nothings for sure... and thats even if the girls are infact in a 'fight'

***DAVIS***

'Simple Life' returns Sunday

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie at it again

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Those hoping that the new season of "The Simple Life" will supply the answer to what's really behind the famous Paris Hilton-Nicole Richie feud are going to be disappointed -- but the former friends do toss a few dishy darts at one another.

The reality-style series, which shows how inept the two celebutantes can be in everyday situations, returns Sunday, 10 p.m. EDT on E!

Hilton characterizes the two as "complete opposites."

"I'm the nice one, she's the evil one," the baby-voiced blonde says. "Some people change when they think they're a star or something and some people stay the same. I've always been the same and she's definitely not."

"Nothing happened," says a dismissive Richie. "You've never lost touch with anyone in your life?"

FORT Newbie
    This show is actually really entertaining. I like the way E! set it up, as more of a competition.

If you go to Eonline you can see the show's website and everything, it's pretty funny

+ Reply to Thread