+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paris' li'l black book is hacked

Paris' li'l black book is hacked

BY JOANNA MOLLOY
    and JANE H. FURSE
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS

The Internet is not kind to Paris Hilton.
    The vampy hotel heiress has already seen her infamous sex tape with an ex-boyfriend spread across cyberspace.

Now hackers have apparently put the entire contents of her cell phone on the Web - including the numbers of her famous friends, whose phones started ringing off the hook Saturday night.

"I got 100 calls in two hours," said Victoria Gotti. "I didn't want to take the phones off the hook because my oldest son was out on a date.

"This went on all night," said the peeved reality TV star and writer. "Finally, at 5:30 a.m., I took them off the hook. This morning, I put them back on and they started ringing immediately. It's driving me insane."

It was unclear last night how the names and numbers got posted, but they appeared just days after a techno-crook pleaded guilty to hacking his way into T-Mobile last fall, gaining access to millions of customers, including Paris Hilton's T-Mobile Sidekick account.

The hacker, Nicolas Jacobsen, 22, reportedly pleaded guilty to one count of breaking into a protected computer Tuesday.

Jacobsen and other computer crooks apparently entertained themselves by raiding the Sidekick files of celebrities.

William Genovese, 27, another hacker facing unrelated charges, told the online newsletter securityfocus.com that Jacobsen had candid photos of Hilton, Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher and Nicole Richie that the celebrities had snapped with their cell phone cameras.

Jacobsen's activities surfaced as part of a Secret Service crackdown on Internet fraud last October.

According to court papers, Jacobsen didn't just spy on celebs after he hacked into servers at T-Mobile. He also allegedly monitored Secret Service E-mail, and snatched passwords, Social Security and cell phone numbers from many of the wireless giant's customers. He allegedly used the online moniker "Ethics" to post the information.

FBI officials could not be reached for comment last night.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-242490c.html

I actually found the complete list online and tried calling Nicole Richie but it was busy.

Some others on the list were Christina A., Fred Durst, Ashley Olsen, Vin Diesel, and Anna Kournikova just to name a few.

I actually feel sorry for Paris and anyone else whose privacy was invaded by the T-Mobile hack. Ack, that's so scary to think someone can so easily access such private information! I feel very paranoid now...

This is also very bad advertising for T-Mobile.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Being Paris Hilton meant never having to say you're sorry until now. The heiress/actress has issued an apology to her famous friends via Us Weekly, after their private phone numbers and e-mail addresses were released on the Internet this weekend when Hilton's T-Mobile Sidekick II was hacked.

"I want to apologize to all my friends and family," Hilton told the magazine. "I don't know why this stuff always happens to me, but I wish it wouldn't anymore. It's too upsetting for me I can't believe it. I feel horrible that, once again, someone has invaded my privacy."

Hilton's friends have since received a massive amount of crank calls from their adoring and not-so-adoring public, much to their dismay (see "Paris Hilton's Private Stuff All Over The Internet"). One such friend, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, was shooting her band's new video for "Don't Funk With My Heart" when she started getting the calls at 6:30 a.m. She told MTV Europe that at first, she thought the calls were from the set, admonishing her for running a little bit late.

"I don't get calls at that time, unless it is one of my friends who has had an all-night bender," she said. "So I answer the phone, 'Oh, I'm going to be there, I'm going to be there.' And it's these people calling, and I'm going, 'Wrong number, wrong number.' Finally, someone tells me, 'I think your phone number is on the Internet.' "

Finding out the cause of the problem didn't make dealing with it any easier. "I'm getting all these perverted phone messages, thank you very much," she said. "I'm getting all these types of e-mails, positive and negative. Those who don't like me, thank you very much as well."

Calling it a "quite a nightmare," Fergie like many of Hilton's friends in this situation is planning on changing all of her phone numbers. After that, she has one more item on her to-do list: "I am going to kill Paris Hilton."

Perhaps she didn't see the Us Weekly apology after all. Hilton might have to make her mea culpa to her friends more personal if she can only reach them.

Jennifer Vineyard, with additional reporting by Simi Nahil
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/149...headlines=true

I feel bad for her friends, but why are they mad at Paris? She didn't post the numbers on the internet, a hacker did.

I'm no Paris fan, but this kind of stunt is completely without class.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread