+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Life 3, Premiere Recap: Silly Bitches on a Greyhound Bus

Simple Life 3, Premiere Recap: Silly Bitches on a Greyhound Bus

Put in your blond hair extensions, it’s time for another season of Paris & Nicole, this time, as the new title indicates, as “Interns.” No, this does not (I pray) entail an egregious misuse of cigars or getting spunk stains on blue Gap dresses (you try getting them to wear Gap—it’s not in their riders). In the first season, the girls learned about life on the farm (FOX is getting an awful lot of mileage out of that cow-fisting shot); in the second, about life on the road (ditto with the sausage-making sequence). Now our addled heiresses are thrown into the business world to try their idle hands at a variety of entry-level positions that they are contractually bound by FOX to screw up royally, all in order to teach the youth of America the lesson that it’s “hot” to be insolent, lazy, and stupid. Then we wonder why the dull-eyed teen behind the counter at the food court forgets the ketchup in your to-go order. Even though you know you asked her nicely—twice. Don’t you roll your eyes at me, Missy, we have a lot of work to do: time now to serve up a double-order of Simple Life for the third season premiere.

Bridge and Tunnel Vision

The new “New Yawk” style narrator (or possibly the same old narrator just trying out techniques from his accent coach) explains that Paris & Nicole (both of whom look better than ever) have one final day of luxury in Manhattan, and they have their requisite pre-adventure shopping spree, this time on Fifth Avenue. Grand total: $49,604.25. Is that all? Maybe being on the road has really taught these girls a thing or to about thrift. After shopping, it’s off in the limo for a night on the town to dance and do lines off Lindsay Lohan’s bare caboose (Haha, I gotcha, dirty old man!), then home to their special Paris & Nicole suite at the Soho Grand (decked out in a Barbie pink palette with those faux-Warhol portraits of the stars that are now a clichéd reality tv convention), where they ostensibly slumber through the night in the same bed together. Granted it’s a GIGANTIC bed the size of Utah, but do these girls really sleep together? If so, then where are the night vision shots everyone really wants to see? I expect a new sex tape to crop up as a mid-season ratings booster.

Morning arrives, and their butler Bill serves them breakfast in bed, along with spoiled lapdogs Tinkerbell, Honey Child, and new addition Foxy Cleopatra. I will wear a dog suit and crawl around on my hands and knees if it means I get pampered the way these pups do (coincidentally, this is the premise of my new sex tape which will conveniently be leaked to the public once the hits on my Simple Life recaps dwindles to 3). Then whoa!!! Zany fast-forward packing scene of the girls rushing around throwing a gaggle of garments and a profusion of footwear into what looks like a dozen suitcases (see the fast-forward makes it funny, haha—damn you, Benny Hill!). Once done, the girls gaze out at the gajillion-dollar view of the Big Apple from their balcony and talk about how they’ll miss the city, along with their phones and money, which Bill the butler confiscates. There is one more “surprise” for our pair of picaresque princesses (like the producers didn’t fully inform them of this before they started shooting): a Greyhound bus rolls up to collect them. When the heck did they start offering door-to-door pick-up, or have a regularly scheduled stop outside the Soho Grand?

The bus then travels over the Brooklyn Bridge (gasp) to New Jersey (faint). Along the way, the girls annoy their fellow bus passengers by asking if a movie will be showing and asking, “Is Jersey a city or a state?” Paris challenges Nicole’s position of “brains of the operation” by sharply surmising the correct answer. Don’t know it yourself? Go put your head in the oven right now and select yourself out of the species.

Doggone It

Time to meet the girls’ first host family, the Browers of Bayonne, New Jersey: Joyce (dressed in glittery Paris pink in honor of her guest) is the mother of three sons, and clearly the boss of her ineffectual-looking husband, Whatshisname (c’mon, you don’t care). She also has “interesting” taste in interior décor (i.e. ticky-tacky suburban floral print hell) with a penchant for personalized items, like the hideously clashing photo-print pillow of her sons and a few other items that will come up later. So the girls come in to meet the family, leaving the poor, old Greyhound driver to lug all their baggage out of the bus by himself. Meantime, Joyce chats up the girls about Tink, Foxy, and Honey, before mourning the loss of her own little pup, Madison, who is memorialized in a brass statue with a plaque bearing his name. I hope that’s a statue anyway, or a container holding his ashes, and Joyce didn’t have the little guy dipped in brass. I can’t tell with this woman.

Out comes the youngest Brower boy, Justin, for the girls to lech over. He is enlisted to carry in the girls’ luggage which is so damn much it takes up like half the block. Then, crap-a-doodle-doo, wouldn’t you know it, one of the dog entourage takes a poop that the henpecked Brower husband picks up. During supper, a million clocks go off. Apparently, Joyce is a collector of loud, gaudy clocks that every hour drive you made with the tintinnabulations of their toll (like the Tell-Tale Clock—aieee, the ticking of the hideous clock!). Joyce awkwardly tries ingratiate herself to her guests by saying, “That’s hot” about her own clocks. It seems the girls did form at least one bond with their hostess; they feel bad about the loss of her beloved pooch Madison. So they (or the producers, or whoever it is that comes up with this nonsense) come up with idea of getting Joyce a new dog, and look up breeders in the phone book before heading to sleep.

Greased Frightening

As per usual, the girls wake up late, though this morning they decide to barge in on young Justin, who (gasp) just so happens to already be occupied by female company, a little friend only identified as “Brisa” who won’t emerge from under the covers. Looks like some other slut beat you to the punch this time, girls. They go tell Joyce that they just saw her son “naked,” a claim about which mom doesn’t appear too happy. How “hot” are your guests now, huh?

They arrive at their first internship at Quality Auto Center (which does mufflers, brakes, alignment—I hate to admit to having a “Paris Moment,” but I just barely know what these things are, much less fix them) a mere 2 hours late. They learn if they do well, they can get up to $100 each for their work. Their boss, Larry, takes them to the back to show them where they can change into their uniforms: coveralls with their names thoughtfully embroidered on a chest patch. Nicole asks if they “come in petite” and, alas, they’re one-size only. Larry paces as the girls get dressed in the other room. They finally emerge only to ask where the nearest lingerie store is as they are unfortunately stuck with “no underwear on and polyester pants.” A lot of the guys at shop seem to perk up at hearing this bit of information. “Do you know what that can do to a girl?” Nicole asks. I imagine some amount of chafing is involved, then am immediately horrified and must scrub imagination out thoroughly with bleach.

Larry then introduces a guy named “???” Damn you FOX and your lack of captions; as it is I had to get Larry’s name from his uniform. Well, you won’t remember his name anyway, as you will only think of him a Heavily Accented Foreign Guy, because, you know, Americans love to laugh at foreigners, thus the smashing success of 80s sitcom “Perfect Strangers”—oh ho ho, Balki, you say the darndest things. [slaps knee] Anyway, Heavily Accented Foreign Guy will henceforth be referred to as Balki, and he tells them that a Toyota Camry is outside for an oil change. Or Latoya’s mammaries are lopsided and so strange—I’m not sure with this guy.

So after a stimulating discussion of blue collar vs. white collar (Paris doesn’t know which is which, so Nicole explains white is “like office”) they get to work on the car. Balki gives them lengthy, heavily accented directions on how to perform the oil change, which the girls, of course, ignore. Larry foolishly decides (or is told by the producers) to allow the girls to do an oil change on someone’s minivan unsupervised, and then totally spontaneous and unscripted wackiness ensues. Larry comes back to find the girls have “more oil on the floor than Iraq.” They then ditch out to the bathroom together claiming to have “female problems.” Frustrated, Balki grumbles, “These girls, man, they’re getting on my neck!” Oh ho ho, Balki, you say the darndest things! [slaps knee]

Next up for maintenance: a bright, shiny police car. Larry & Balki decide (or are told by the producers) to have our distaff duo drive the vehicle in, and directive the girls promptly disobey; instead they take the cop car (lights flashing and sirens screaming) on a joy ride, Balki running, screaming after them. That’s grand theft auto; what’s the next job for these girls, smuggling cocaine? They then go a beauty supply store where Nicole takes a bottle of nail polish without paying for it (though she promises the clerk she’ll pay once she gets her work money), only to be found by an enraged Balki who has chased them all the way from the Quality Center. He yells that them, “Why can’t be doing this? Why did you drive this car? I can’t take this anymore!” Even if stealing the car was most likely a contrived stunt, you know what is totally real & unscripted? Balki’s rage and disgust as he reads them the riot act. Nicole claims that she was just trying to get them a present; Larry also frustrated, tells them not to worry about their hair, “the car can’t tell what you look like” (unless it’s K.I.T.T.) and adds if they mess up one more time, they’re out. Nicole hugs him, then the girls never mess up again, become great workers, and give up their glamorous rich bitch lives of to become grease monkeys out in the Garden State. Yeah right.

Great Scot! No, Great Danes!

Justin picks up the girls from work, but instead of going straight home, they ask him to take them to a breeder, explaining how they would like to get a new dog for Joyce. Justin recalls how painful it was when his mom lost her dog, and asks what they would do if their dogs died. “Kill myself,” Paris says with earnest sorrow. Let’s hope she doesn’t find out what the normal life expectancy is for a Chihuahua. Despite Nicole having earlier suggesting getting Joyce a little toy dog like the beloved, deceased Madison, they arrive at the breeder’s to find out that, oopsy, she only breeds Great Danes. GIGANIMOUS, HELLHOUND-sized Great Danes. They decide to take two (at $2000 apiece), just in case one gets lonely, and name them “Silly & Billy, after us.”

Justin is shocked when they come out, and manages to just barely fit the canines in the van. They go home to surprise Moms, and yes, she is nothing if not surprised. “Holy [bleep] what the hell is that?” she exclaims when she sees the big beasts running rampant in her living room. “What are youse, nuts?” Joyce asks, eyes filled with horror. Paris and Nicole explain that they wanted to do something nice for her since she lost Madison. Softened by this explanation, Joyce thanks them (prematurely) and gives them a grateful hug.

Cut to the girls with the dogs in their bedroom, cuddling with them in bed. One dog is eating food off Paris’s pillow. “You have very big nips,” Nicole says to her Dane, as she touches its nipples, then lies down to spoon with it. Now here’s the makings of a sex tape I don’t want to see. “Love you, Bitch,” the girls say to each other before turning out the lights.

Auto Neurotica

Day 2 at Quality Auto, they try their hand at customer service. Paris says they’ll give free service to a guy because he sounds “cute”—Larry grabs the phone immediately to apologize. They then hit on the first male customer who walks in, and the geeky-looking guy appears bemused but flattered; that is, until Nicole goes out to move his car and crashes the vehicle into another car—TWICE. Larry & Balki come running over in a blaze of bleeps. Balki is especially pissed, and lectures Nicole on her bad behavior with a righteous fury. Larry finally has it, calls the operation off before retreating with Balki to the office to do the girls’ evaluation. They give them an F for customer service, a D for the oil change, and for appearance? An A. Who says you can’t skate through life on looks alone? Finally, their bosses call them in and the tell them “You’re fired”—oh sorry I can’t use that phrased or I’ll get charged up the yazoo by Trump. Actually, Larry just hands them each $20, “so you’ll get on the first bus you can and get out of here.” Ouch.

Back at the Browers, Joyce is still wearing matching pink and saying “You’re hot.”
    It’s more than a little sad. The whole family gathers round to see the girls off as their bus comes to pick them up (I’m still wondering why it is they don’t have to go to a bus station to catch it, because come on, there’s a lot of comic potential in seeing a homeless man fall asleep on Paris’s shoulder on a bench, or a crackhead hitting on Nicole). It’s a love fest; that is, until the bus rolls off and the Dane breeder/Zhora look-alike comes by to collect payment for the dogs. Yep, that’s right, Paris & Nicole stuck the Browers with a $4000 bill for the dogs. The show ends on a shot of Joyce’s face frozen in an eerie expression of shock with a hint of homicidal rage, then a coda letting us know the Great Danes are now back with their breeder. Phew, thank God, now I can sleep tonight.

But Wait There’s More

The girls’ second adventure begins in the bus, where the girls coax an old Spanish man into dancing the flamenco. Ah yes, this show is filled with stereotypes-a-plenty. To wit: their new hosts, the Zuccaro Family of South Beach, (or as the locals pronounce it, “South-a Beach-a”) Staten Island. It’s the kind of neighborhood where everyone has an uncle that’s a “plumber” and yet has two Mercedes Benzes and a Presidential Rolex. Lou, his wife, and three daughters, are your average, nice Italian-American family, of the Goomba variety. I can kid because I have relatives like this—I just can’t tell you any more, otherwise I’d have to kill you. Paris makes a Sopranos crack, then they go in to meet everybody in the family. The immediate family. Not the family family. Not that there IS a family family. Heh heh.

Lou is, contrary to what his hairstyle would like you to believe, not a Roy Orbison impersonator, but a Jujitsu instructor; he says he can’t wait to the get the girls in his Do-Jo for a workout. The first workout of the day, however, will be lugging the girls’ ten tons of luggage into the house, which Mama Zuccaro is not happy about, especially since the girls do not lift a finger to help. Not only are Paris & Nicole lounging in bed, their dogs are running amok in the household leaving little “hostess gifts” strewn about the floor. Mama Zuccara says if any of the dogs takes another poop, she’s “going to have a fit.” Don’t piss off an Italian mother—Mama goes and bangs on the girls’ door. “I’m so happy I’m not from Bronx, or Brooklyn or these places,” Paris whispers to Nicole, as if they’re in some impoverished, third world slum and not a typical, middle class, American suburb. Well, at least she’s grateful for something.

Nicole won’t open the door claiming she’s naked and doesn’t like her “nipples exposed” (I remember the runway show she did that proves otherwise, but no matter); Mama Zuccara says, “I like your nipples, it’s okay.” This is one of the weirder exchanges I’ve ever heard on this show. Anyway, Mama’s increasingly getting angry and sweaty with arguing through the door, and finally hollers, “I’m freakin’ menopausal, damn it, open the door!!!” These girls are going to give poor Mama Zuccara agita. When they finally come out, the girls seem a little friendlier. They compliment Lou’s “payload” (hair), calling it “very Elvis” and ask if he dyes it.

How to Get Ahead in Advertising—Not

Lou chauffeurs the girls to their first day at their new internship at Kirshenbaum, Bond and Partners Advertising Company. Well, the girls know a thing or too about self-promotion, so perhaps they’ll thrive at this job. Like the mechanic internship, if they do a good job they can get up to $100 each. They meet their supervisor, Claudia (who looks a bit like Kathy Griffin with lots of sun damage) and “the names on the door,” head honchos Richard Kirshenbaum and Jon Bond, who both look like sleazy pimps. They talk about making coffee, and Nicole says takes hers with skim milk, not understanding that they are ones who want her to make it.

Oh well, it’s off to the mail room for their first job, sorting a huge bag of mail into various cubbyholes, a task that proves too daunting for our bitesized-brained blonde buddies. They end up just sticking the mail anywhere they can, figuring since everyone knows each other at the company, they can just give each other the appropriate piece of mail when they see the recipient. Now that’s problem-solving. Claudia walks in to find Paris and Nicole placing mail in the microwave and the fridge and gets majorly ticked off. “This is super-not-cool,” Claudia says, getting a new wrinkle on her catcher’s mitt face.

Having failed in the mail room, they advance to executive assisting, which is exactly what it’s like in the real world of corporate business. When you have nice tits. Paris is assigned Richard, who resembles Leisure Suit Larry and, I suspect, knows all about wearing polyester with no underwear (awww yeah). He wants her to tidy up the office and give him a BJ (okay, the last part was not said out loud, but you know he’s thinking it. She also makes some calls for him, but says his name incorrectly twice. Future workers of America—the least you can do when you enter the job market, is get your boss’s name right. Even if you have the most wonderful rack.

Nicole gets Jon, and is told she must get reservations for him and his client at a particularly tony Manhattan restaurant “by any means necessary” and for the first time ever, Nicole really gives a work assignment her all. She calls the restaurant and says if they give him a table, her boss will do a striptease, “pleasure” the restaurant owner, “and he’ll paint his nipples red.” She says that one of the diners is “bulimic, so she won’t even be eating.” Still, they sound unconvinced. Finally, Nicole pleads that her boss is going to jail for a life sentence and his last wish is to eat at their restaurant. I don’t know if it’s the nipple-painting that did it or what, but Nicole is able to proudly tell her boss that she successfully got him a table. “You have a future in this business,” Jon says at the news. And he has a future dancing sensuously with painted red nips. Oh the humanity.

Jujitsu, Jujitme, Say It Together, Naturally

After work, the Zuccaras invite the girls to join them for Jujitsu practice. They get suited up in Gi’s, and head out to the Dojo, where Lou shows them a few of his moves. He teaches Nicole to throw him to the ground, which she does with gusto, and Paris weakly wrangles with a 6 year old boy. Yeah, good times. Still, they recognize it was very nice of Lou to teach them some self-defense, so they decide they’d like to do something nice in return. They try to think of something related to Jujitsu, Paris suggests going to Chinatown to get him something Japanese. Nicole reclaims her position as the smarter blonde by explaining to Paris that “China and Japan are different.” They decide to get him a sign for his Dojo.

In the morning, it’s a struggle to get the girls going. Lou drives them to the ferry, and on the way, the girls ask if he knows anyone in the mafia. “I told ya, I don’t tink dere’s no such ting as a Mafia,” Lou answers, spoken exactly like a man who’s connected. But again, I’ve said too much. [looks around nervously]

They take the Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan (but why they made the girls take the Greyhound bus to live somewhere else just so they could take a ferry back to the city makes no sense to me). Perhaps just to show them what public transit is like? They deem it “dumb” and say that “it sucks.” Waaah, I want my private helicopter, waaah!

A Moveable Feast

I think it’s day 2 at work, but the continuity is so screwy that in various shots you see Paris & Nic change from their day 2 to day 1 outfits. At any rate, they get to work so late that by the time they get there it’s lunchtime. Claudia, clearly not pleased to see our blonde buddies, decides to have them take care of lunch for everybody. They dutifully go around the office taking everyone’s orders for Jazzy’s, and head off to the deli with list in hand. The place the order, the food gets packed, everything seems to be going well so far—until Paris & Nicole sit down in order to sample the food to see what’s good. They end up chowing down on everyone elses grub, adding desserts and alcohol to the order, and then dropping all the bags of food on their way back to the office, where they return to a crowd of pissed off, hungry employees.

“You guys have been hours and hours!” Claudia growls when they get back, and as punishment she puts them on the most torturously tedious of office jobs: making copies. Well, we all know what this is going to lead to. What bored office wage slave has not Xeroxed some or other body part on company time? Our girls stick to their faces and boobs, with Nicole making a particularly nice copy. So nice in fact, they start taping it to the walls and giving it out to other employees as an apology, of sorts, for the lunch fiasco. That’s not the only peace offering they’ve got: they start giving everyone shots of booze (claiming that “Claudia said it was okay”). Drinking on the job, now that’s funny. Apropos of nothing, someone delivers a bicycle with a big red bow, which Paris rides around the office. Well that was random. What’s next? Balloons? Midgets? Penguins?

Claudia returns to find Nicole pasting a picture of an old man’s face atop the one of her cleavage, and this sets Claudia off completely. That’s it for the day, so they go on to evals—Claudia gives them F’s in mail room and photocopying. “Photocopying body parts is something we don’t do here,” Claudia snaps. “But they’re real, they’re not fake,” Nicole protests. The final category of evaluation is executive assisting. Claudia, looking thoroughly disgusted, says that “against her better judgement” the big bosses loved them, and if they make the “names on the door” happy then they get the full $100. See what I was saying about the rack, people?

Sign O’ the Times

So now the girls have some cash, but it’s not enough to by Lou the gift they planned on. Instead of sticking the Zuccaras with the bill this time, they decide to make it on their own, so our enterprising girls go door to door handing out flyers to the neighbors for a special fund-raising event they’re planning. “If you give me $5 I’ll punch you in the face,” Nicole offers brightly. Yes, that’s right, as Paris puts it, “For $5, we’ll kick your silly little ass.” The women are not so keen, but by evening, there is long line of men down the block. “I can’t believe people will pay us to beat the [bleep] out of them,” Paris marvels. Oh yeah that type of thing pays a lot—although, I don’t really want to talk about it, I was young needed the money.

Nicole gives their first customer, one of many flushed young males, the menu: “It’s $5 to just to get your ass kicked, another $2 to get flipped, and $3 to get your nipples twisted.” Guy looks about to pop his peppers right then and there. There is montage of men getting the beans beat out of them, including one poor guy whom Nicole not only throws down but, but pulls along the floor by his crotch, then kicked and punched repeatedly in his groinal region. One particularly bedraggled-looking kid, probably about 16, in what sounds like a court deposition, describes his experience like this: “Nicole Richie threw me to the floor, started beating the hell out of me, squeezed my nipples, started smacking me in the face, turned me around on my stomach and then, she brought her hand overhead and started smacking in the butt.” Momentary pause. “It was the hottest thing that ever happened to me,”

That was probably the best $5 these guys will ever spend. The girls end up making $485, enough to buy the sign and have some left over for themselves. They call to have the sign ready by 8am, then fall asleep, happy in the knowledge that they did a good deed today. In the morning, the sign arrives, and the girls hang it in front of the Dojo, covering it with bright pink fabric. As the Zuccaros see them off, the girls tell them about their surprise thank you gift, then board a new bus to head off to their next adventure. Meanwhile, the Zuccaros head to the Dojo/garage to unveil the new sign which says, “LEW’S KICK ASS DOJO” in bright pink letters. “They spelled my name wrong,” Lou observes. As the sun sets, the girls ride off in their Greyhound to a chorus of “Sa Sa’s.”

Look, I told you. I was young and I needed the money. You can write me at snowflakegirl@fansofrealitytv. com.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 02-10-2005 at 07:48 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

You are the perfect recapper for this show, Snowy. You're hot.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

By the way, is it just me, or is Nicole beginning to look more and more like Paris every season?!?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    LOL great caption of the Browers. I know them . Robert Brower, I think he is the oldest son, he was my teacher before O_o. He is one of the teachers at my school now.They are really cool and all and their mom is definitly sweet and nice. My friends and I met Justin too before, he's funny as well.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I tried to watch this sbow so I could fully appreciate your recap, but I could not make it though the whole show. Fortunately your brilliant writing had me in stitches anyway.
    Snowflake Girl, you've been gone too long, even if Paris and Nicole have not been gone long enough.

Thanks for the many laughs.

FORT Fogey
    I sorely missed my beloved Snowcaps.

I forced myself to watch this show only because your re-caps are so entertaining.

Yo Flo whip me up a bagel vanillakraut's Avatar
    This is the funniest show on television!

(Haha, I gotcha, dirty old man!),
    Yep
    No, this does not (I pray) entail an egregious misuse of cigars or getting spunk stains on blue Gap dresses
    he tells them that a Toyota Camry is outside for an oil change. Or Latoya’s mammaries are lopsided and so strange—I’m not sure with this guy.
    I didn't get to see the second family they stayed with. Nice job Snowy.

SFG, I don't watch this show, but this recap is as stellar and hilarious as your erstwhile ones for ANTM. Danke!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast