+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

maveno - but i am NOT laughing anymore

NOT LAUGHING - MEANS NO NEED TO WATCH
    Last edited by marciadale; 07-01-2004 at 01:36 PM.
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

I Loved Last Years Show - But Something Has Changed W/ This Season

They Won't Miss Just Little Ole Me Not Watching -

I Still Enjoy Looking At Paris & Will Still Keep Up With Her On E.....
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. Well, good luck to you.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

ok this is the first episode i remembered to tape tonight, forgot the last 2 weeks...and i agree with most the comments here, i think the first season was better

so what they are just traveling across the country and staying with these families for a day or so and have to earn money to be able to pay for their gas and food????

i thought they went overboard with the trashing of the factory

loved it when nicole bitched that guy out

overall i thought the episode was kinda lame....cannot stand the pink truck

Quote Originally Posted by marciadale
    i was so looking forward to SL2 - but as i'm watching the new episodes, i can't stand it !!!!!!!!!

These girls - whether they are in real life or not - act so freakin stupid. They can't even speak a true sentence...... "your hot", "that's hot", "i hate that", "i hate him".

These girls are so childish and immature - i really was hoping for more, but they sure aren't giving it.

I am so over it and will not watch another show.

Anyone else out there feeling the way i am?

That's part of the joke with their characters, they're supposed to be dumb and ridiculous, but you saw tonight the true Nicole Richie. Angry, elequent and perfectly willing to stand up for herself and her friend, and I thought that was great. They're pretending to be mildly retarded in that vague "oh the peasants have no bread? let them eat cake!" wealthy cluelessness, but it doesn't ring true, and I was glad to see that.

For a minute I thought that incredibly expensive Buckley education had been wasted.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Said it better than I.

MarciaDale, you are absolutely right, no one associated with the show will notice one less viewer. A few million maybe, but not one.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove
    you saw tonight the true Nicole Richie. Angry, elequent and perfectly willing to stand up for herself and her friend, and I thought that was great.
    I don't know. What I saw was that they finally ran across someone (James) who was not going to fall for their foolishness and made it clear that he did not like them. Apparently, the girls have never met anyone who openly disliked them before, so they responded with an anrgy tirade of swearing and childish vengeance.

I don't think they are pretending to be mildy retarded, I think that's the way they really are. I've never seen an actress that good yet.
    -- Flash

They've met up with a lot of people who have openly been rude to them, not liked them, made fun of them etc..
    this is most certainly NOT the first time we've seen that.

The only difference with this mildy retarded kid and his 'taunting' (as opposed to others) was he was being an arsehole, straight up about it. Also, who is HE to call THEM dumb & dumber? He was poking and poking in hopes of getting a response outta them. Well, he got one...and I'd bet my whole paycheck that he didn't expect THAT type of response either. He was expecting her to be dumb. That's what I got outta it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12