+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Life 2 Premiere Recap: Batten Down the Hoochies

FORT Fogey
    Daddio, I also find that hard to believe, simply because I've seen Paris act (or try to act) in last season, and it sucked. If she wanted to act like it was real, it would have come across looking phony, simply because she sucks at acting. Therefore, if it looked real, then it probably was.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bjkofron
    I also think that scene is very phony. And I also find it extremely sick to see all these guys giving a couple of rich girls money at the gas station. For me the point would be for them to work for their money not just beg from strangers.
    Why work for it when you can get it for free? They are just taking the path of least resistence. If they were ugly and fat, then they'd have no choice but to work for it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Snowy Punkin Pudding Pop

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba
    Why work for it when you can get it for free? They are just taking the path of least resistence. If they were ugly and fat, then they'd have no choice but to work for it.
    Wow! That's a controversial statement..glad you had the nads to say it though!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

What a wonderfully hilarious recap, Snowie! Great job!

Too many great lines to quote them all, but a few faves:

Like two blonde Jack Kerouacs without all the, like, substance and stuff

who are we kidding, we’re here to see the rich bitches get splattered with animal excrement

I don’t see why they didn’t just get these girls jobs in a strip joint, because I’m seeing a lot of wasted potential here.

You’d think Paris would be hesitant to deal with any more animals, especially screaming, leaping primates that snap at your fingers, but the experience seems to liven everyone’s spirits up, proving the old adage that monkeys are a lot of fun, even when they’re not in a barrel.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Great recap SnowflakeGirl, I love your humor!

FORT Fogey
    great recap SFG... I decided that I won't be watching this season, and I will be reading your recaps instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Eh, who are we kidding, we’re here to see the rich bitches get splattered with animal excrement—so without further ado, your first heapin’ helpin’ of recappy goodness for the second season of The Simple Life.

the more we want, desperately and judiciously, for their pristine lives to be soiled by the muck of proletariat reality.

They briefly check out the interior of the trailer, that looks like it was decorated with scraps from Divine’s wardrobe in Pink Flamingos,

making me glad to see TV does have empowering role models for the girls of today.

Schyeah right.

Probably not your wife, but Grandpa Batten, smiling toothlessly, appears to agree.

it appears she’s tapped into a whole other side of J.O., a side that I, quite frankly, wish would stay buried in secret.

I feel sorrier every time I rewind and replay it, over and over, multiple times, trying desperately to suppress the laughter that wells up in my belly.

You’d think Paris would be hesitant to deal with any more animals, especially screaming, leaping primates that snap at your fingers, but the experience seems to liven everyone’s spirits up, proving the old adage that monkeys are a lot of fun, even when they’re not in a barrel.
    Oh Snow, I love your recaps!! This was as fantastic as all the ANTM ones have been!! Eloquent and hilarious at the same time!!

Bravo!! (My favorite line is the part about the monkeys. )
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

great recap

i loved the fact paris said she had riden horses for years but did NOT know how to get a horse to pick up speed or stop it.

Snowflakegirl's recap. That's hot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast