+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second 'Simple Life' in the Works at FOX

Second 'Simple Life' in the Works at FOX

Second 'Simple Life' in the Works at FOX

(Monday, January 19 12:36 PM)
    By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In an announcement that took pretty much no one aback at the recently wrapped TV Critics Association winter press tour, FOX says it's working on a second edition of "The Simple Life."

The only surprise, really, was that Gail Berman, president of FOX Entertainment, didn't have a premiere date in hand when she addressed critics Friday (Jan. 16).

"We're talking about a couple of different ideas now with the producers, Bunim-Murray," Berman says. "I think we'll come up with a new plan shortly."

The formula -- rich girls Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are sent, sans gold cards, somewhere far removed from their New York/Beverly Hills comfort zones to see how the other 99 percent lives -- will remain pretty much the same, Berman says. The show's producers haven't settled on a new location; the first time through, Hilton and Richie spent a month with a family in rural Arkansas.

A second go-round for the show is close to a no-brainer for FOX. After the network stumbled out of the gate with duds like "Skin" and "The Next Joe Millionaire," "The Simple Life" provided a ratings boost. The show averaged about 10.4 million viewers a week and regularly won its time period among the younger viewers FOX targets.

FOX also used repeats and "bonus" episodes to fill holes in its lineup throughout December.

Interesting...I wonder who they'll get to star in SL2...

Paris and Nicole will be back for SL2, but the premise and location are still to be decided.

Dang, maybe i wasn't far off on thinking they could join up with Nash Trash Tours ...

Why not send Paris & Nicole to Siberia, where life is truly simple?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Why not send Paris & Nicole to Siberia, where life is truly simple?
    I was actually thinkin Antarctica, but Siberia sounds good to me as well.

Oh no, but the poor girls would freeze to death :rolleyes but...and...uh..no wait, that's not a bad idea after all.

+ Reply to Thread