+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i love lucy

FORT Newbie

i love lucy

This show was nothing more than an updated version of "I Love Lucy" 50 years later we have lucy and ethel without their husbands getting into trouble every episode and crying to get out of it and then laughing about it. I did watch the show a few times, did not see the last 3 episodes. It was basically like watching a train wreck. You dont want to see it but you cant turn away for the first 2 episodes then it became clear that the level of intelligence was so low that it became painful to watch. As I stated the show was just a rehash of I Love Lucy and if this is what people are teaching their children then I feel sorry for us. lol I do hope that they were not serious when they said that their parents were proud of them. But with the way life is I would guess that I am the one who is wrong about the waste of time this show was. imho

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whynot31
    As I stated the show was just a rehash of I Love Lucy and if this is what people are teaching their children then I feel sorry for us. lol

imho

Welcome to the Fort whynot31..opinions are always welcome here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I must point something out here. If it's just a "rehash" of the I Love Lucy shows, what makes ILL better than The Simple Life? To ME, your whole arguement didn't make sense.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Welcome to the Fort whynot31..opinions are always welcome here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I must point something out here. If it's just a "rehash" of the I Love Lucy shows, what makes ILL better than The Simple Life? To ME, your whole arguement didn't make sense.

Oh, I Love Lucy wasnt better. I was just pointing out that if you watch shows with a different eye (old) you see alot of the new shows are just rehashes of other shows that were on years ago. Just updated to the times. I didnt like Simple Life nor did I like I Love Lucy. I am noticing a trend with a lot of shows reaching back in time to get their ideas. That is all I was saying lol and that I am getting old and really am not impressed with a lot of the younger people on tv, lol lol I am hoping that "real people" are not like that. I am from a small town so dont know what goes on in the big city.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Whether you're speaking small town, or big town...it really doesn't matter. The attitude that we saw were from rich socialites, put in a scenario they've never HAD to be in.
    Big towns or small towns...each one has it's town drunk. If you know what I mean.

Being a knock-off of I Love Lucy...eh, sorta. But not really. It does have the cheap comedic taste to it (clumsy, antics, etc), but who really cares if they are?
    Also..this show isn't TEACHING children anything...nor do I think it was meant to teach anything. It's just comedy.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    I would assume if anything, that this would teach children how not to behave. I don't see anything admirable about them, and I don't find them remotely attractive. I see this as a warning... listen to your parents or you'll end up like Paris and Nicole... really ugly, and really stupid.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucy you've got some 'splainin' to do!

anyway... a rehash of I love lucy??? That's like calling Survivor a re-hash of Gilligan's Island... I don't buy it

When the series started, they were playing up a "Green Acres" theme, maybe with the intent to make the worldly girls seem "superior(?)" in their interactions with the common townfolk. In the end, Paris and Nichole are the butt of the "joke". whatever that was.

The Lucy comparison seems a bit of a stretch to me. Also, I happen to be a huge I Love Lucy fan, and don't see how this comic classic which was a marvel of writing and performance at it's time has anything to do with a cynical and contrived self-promotion vehicle for two fame-hungry rich wenches.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread