+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The girls of Altus

The girls of Altus

I just feel bad for them! There they are, living the small town life that they know, when all of the sudden Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie arrive to turn the town upside down. Breaking up with a boy/girlfriend is such a common, normal (albiet painful) experience, but how would you feel if you came face to face with two attractive, wealthy celebrities who laughingly told you..."he hates you now." That teenage girl didn't sign up for the show, and yet she is humiliated by these snobs on tv. I found that episode a bit heartbreaking.

What teenage boy wouldn't be curious/interested in two pretty girls who are barely dressed most of the time? It just doesn't seem fair that Paris and Nicole had a lasting effect on the relationships/friendships of the people in this town just to get some kicks and get a little more rich and famous. That aspect of the show makes me uncomfortable and a little upset for these girls.

I wonder if any of the girls forgave their ex-boyfriends who chose to fool around with Paris and Nicole? I wouldn't if I were them...who knows what they could catch.

I honestly don't think that Paris and Nicole are all that attractive. Hardly ugly or anything, but certainly not anything all that hot.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I honestly don't think that Paris and Nicole are all that attractive. Hardly ugly or anything, but certainly not anything all that hot.
    No, but they certainly seem to be getting a lot of male attention in that town. If I were a girl there I'd be pissed, too. Looks aside, their behavior certainly isn't aimed toward endearing them to the women of Altus.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member
    I agree Kickstand. The guys who lost their minds while Paris and Nicole were in town, will most likely regret it later. I don't think the females will be quick to forget.

I don't think they are pretty, either...too artificial. But I am not a teenage boy. Even if the boys don't think that they're pretty, it's clear that they are easy, and that's probably enough.

Who's looking at their faces, anyway....they are practically naked all the time! Anorexia on parade!!

I do not have puppet canc KimmiSue's Avatar
    I don't see why Paris always has her butt hanging out, shes so skinny it's got to be flat. When they showed her at the bar pulling her dress up...I mean why would you?
    The girls love the attention from the guys, but come on over half of those Atlus guys are ugly. They would give me the creeps hanging around me like that.
    You turned my boss into a frickin puppet!..Gunn

FORT Fogey
    Not only that but that poor girl in the bathroom.. at least here in the south (Arkansas) we know how to cut you down politely, that girl was so baffled, "why are you saying this to me?" I sort of wondered too.. what was the point?

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Not only that but that poor girl in the bathroom.. at least here in the south (Arkansas) we know how to cut you down politely, that girl was so baffled, "why are you saying this to me?" I sort of wondered too.. what was the point?
    Paris and Nicole's comments certainly lacked subtlety, didn't they?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Agreed, Bill. Frankly, Paris looks like a concentration camp refugee with a tan. She's just hidiously skinny.

I've been getting a real kick out of these two girls, but I feel bad for Justin's ex. The way they spoke to her was the first thing they've done that bothered me. I'm hoping that this show is WAY more scripted than we think and that the ex-girlfriend was in on it.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast