+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandma Leding

Grandma Leding

Was Grandma Leding and dude from Eraserhead separated at birth?

Maybe the guys from Queer Eye could give her a makeover and new hairdo....

Also, she seemed too hatchet-happy in ep 1. (Come little girls, let us skin some chickens..)

I wonder if the Ledings have an Uncle Leatherface running amok........

Gotta love anyone named Curly.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Amaryllis7

Awww, I liked Grandma Curly! I felt really sorry for her when the girls didn't take up her invitation to pluck the chickens (not that I would either, I'm just sayin' ). She seems sweet to me from what I've seen, although I agree she's not a fashion paragon in plaid flannel. I like your Queer Eye idea, sounds cute. Who wouldn't want to spend a day getting spruced up by the Fab 5?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Is it just me, or does Grandma Leding look a little too much like an older Peggy Hill? Look at the hair, the glasses...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I like gramma Curly. She's really sweet, and obviously does alot of work around the house.
    (ie; plucking/gutting chickens as well as cooking'm too I'm sure, babysitting Braxton while parents are working.. and I'm sure there's more that she does that we haven't seen yet)

She's a workhorse, no time for fashion and those new-fangled hairdo's. Also, she was nice in asking the girls how their day went, and she listens to them too.

I'd get along with her....I would have even went out and sliced/diced and plucked the chickens for dinner. I just wouldn't of been able to ring it's neck to kill it. Funny how when people haven't done stuff like that, that immediately whomever is doing it is a murderer, or axe carrying psycho.

I used to hunt (deer, rabbit, quail, pheasant..etc..) and believe me, gutting/skinning and packaging your own meat isn't easy work, but it sure pays off in taste!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 12-05-2003 at 04:29 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaryllis7
    Was Grandma Leding and dude from Eraserhead separated at birth?

Maybe the guys from Queer Eye could give her a makeover and new hairdo....

Also, she seemed too hatchet-happy in ep 1. (Come little girls, let us skin some chickens..)

I wonder if the Ledings have an Uncle Leatherface running amok........
    I don't think you should be mean to her just because she doesn't look good. She seems like a really nice person. But, I'm a animal lover, so I don't know how she could have the heart to kill those poor chickens...

Quote Originally Posted by Delia
    I'm a animal lover, so I don't know how she could have the heart to kill those poor chickens...
    People from the country and from farms just have a different attitude towards animals. They probably love their pets (dogs, cats,etc.) just as much as city folks but they are also realistic. They know hamburger doesn't come wrapped in cellophane from the supermarket.

My first husbands' family raised cattle so we always had a freezer full of beef. When his youngest sister was six she adopted a calf and named her Daisy. Luckily, at six, you believe it when told that Daisy ran away, while Mom is frying steaks for dinner. :chef

Quote Originally Posted by memphisredhead
    Luckily, at six, you believe it when told that Daisy ran away, while Mom is frying steaks for dinner. :chef

Funny, after reading this post I feel hungry. :eat
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I like gramma Curly. She's really sweet, and obviously does alot of work around the house. (ie; plucking/gutting chickens as well as cooking'm too I'm sure, babysitting Braxton while parents are working.. and I'm sure there's more that she does that we haven't seen yet)

She's a workhorse, no time for fashion and those new-fangled hairdo's. Also, she was nice in asking the girls how their day went, and she listens to them too.
    I immediately took a liking to Grandma Curly. She's a very sweet woman who does a lot of work around the farm, and still has the time to be nice to others. Go Grandma Curly!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I reallllly like gramma Curly. How cute was she teaching them how to bake a pie?!
    She's sweet to the girls, and you can tell she's genuine about it also. Her and grampa are gettinga kick outta these two.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast