+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Richie

Thanks for your post, Tallulah Baby! I'm multi-racial too, and I found your words empowering!

I have to add my favorite boys to the list: Enrique Iglesias and Julio Iglesias Jr. Aw yeah, Filipino & Spanish.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm not quite sure how this turned out to be a "list everyone you can think of who's multiracial" thread, but it is for discussion of Nicole Richie, so let's try to get it back there. Thanks!

Well, as for Nicole Ritchie, let's not forget that she is not the biological daughter of Lionel and Brenda. She was adopted, and her aunt is Sheila Escovedo aka Sheila E. Sheila's brother had all sorts of problems when Nicole was born, so she was given up to the Ritchies. I am rusty on what Sheila's ethnicity is and I don't think it's out there as common knowledge who Nicole's biological mom is. But even disregarding all of this, she could very well have been Lionel and Brenda's natural child and look as she does.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Thanks for that info, Texicana! You've certainly enlightened me. I really have heard nothing about Nicole prior to this show, and am strangely fascinated by her relation to Sheila E.!

Sorry for the digression, John, I guess we multi-racial people (who are often marginalized in public & the media) are just so excited to have any kind of representation that even Nicole Richie will bust open the floodgates. Maybe that's hard for other people to understand.

Anyhoo, back to your regularly scheduled Nicole Richie thread!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Okay, I found out Sheila E. is latina, so Nicole's look makes a bit more sense. I think she looks pretty in some shots, but not all the time.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Okay, I found out Sheila E. is latina, so Nicole's look makes a bit more sense. I think she looks pretty in some shots, but not all the time.
    I noticed that, too. In the pictures, she' beautiful, but when she's making faces in the commercials, she does NOT look cute.

What are they doing in those commercials anyway? It looks like their violating those cows.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Fogey
    Did you guys hear she got in trouble for heroin posession... it was on the news

Uh, yeah. It's also posted here, from way back when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Mariah Carey (half Venezalen half Black,half Irish) *
    How is this possible?

Anyway, I am interested to see how these two hold up in Arkansas...it ought to be fun to witness.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kickstand
    How is this possible?

Anyway, I am interested to see how these two hold up in Arkansas...it ought to be fun to witness.

Maybe that extra half is what caused her breakdown a few years ago!!

+ Reply to Thread