+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Model Wins Modeling Contract and Graces the Pages of íSports Illustratedí

eny
    FORT Fogey

Model Wins Modeling Contract and Graces the Pages of íSports Illustratedí

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Local Las Vegas model and web- designer, Alicia Hall has won a million dollar contract with NEXT Model Management and secured the coveted spot of appearing on the pages of the popular Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Partnering with NBC, Sports Illustrated launched a nation-wide search for the next great swimsuit supermodel with a new unscripted series timed for the launch of the magazineís famed annual Swimsuit Issue.

Alicia Hall was among the twelve finalists chosen to live in Los Angeles and compete for the chance to appear in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. The final two contestants were flown to an exotic location to shoot a photo spread for Sports Illustrated. After a nationwide vote, Alicia Hall was declared the winner and will appear on the 2005 Swimsuit issue on sales February 13.

The 19 year old web designer who currently resides in Las Vegas is thrilled to have won the competition to become part of the popular magazine spread. With her passion for both sports and modeling, Aliciaís dream of becoming a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model was a goal she set out to accomplish at an early age. Inspired by great models such as Roshumba Williams, Jessica Miller, and Kate Moss, Alicia realized that she too could become a role model for both men and women through the Sports Illustrated pages. Alicia was discovered by the John Robert Powers School in Las Vegas who held a modeling competition, which Alicia easily won. Through the guidance and training of John Robert Powers and its school owner, Kim Flowers, have helped Alicia develop the confidence and tools needed to achieve her dreams and prepare her for the long and grueling training of modeling.

Las Vegas John Robert Powers School owner Kim Flowers is very pleased. "I am not surprised in the least about Alicia. I always knew she was going to make it. I am so happy for her," said Kim Flowers.

For over 80 years, the John Robert Powers School System has been training students in maintaining a competitive edge over their rivals in all aspects of the entertainment industry. John Robert Powers has helped launch the careers of icons such as Lucille Ball, Jackie Kennedy, Lauren Bacall, and Grace Kelly. Most recent students that have gone on to have successful careers in modeling included Faith Ford, Janice Dickinson, Beverly Peele, Nikki Taylor, Ryan Locke, Christian Munzan, and Josh Duhamel.

http://www.mysan.de/international/article41146.html

I am just curious
    Have they ever said that Alicia will do the cover alone? OR will other
    models share the cover with her??

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I am just curious
    Have they ever said that Alicia will do the cover alone? OR will other
    models share the cover with her??
    Its only a 4 page layout and they never promised the cover. What they said was that if they thought that there was a picture good enough for a cover, then they would consider it.

+ Reply to Thread